User Tag List

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: WHY does GOD continue to allow this evil??

Senior Member Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 8.0%

Thanks

WHY does GOD continue to allow this evil??

WHY does GOD even allow this evil to carry on anymore, and as a result he is pissed and bring down wrath upon what HE allowed to happen? The logic of it isn't really important to me anymore, I am too mad. Also, I don't want the world to just end and us to retreat to Heaven. Heaven honestly sounds underwhelming to me. I want a society, I want the world to be saved rather than destroyed. At this rate we are going to die as resistance-less sitting ducks and that is not satisfying me at all.

And God says he is good, but he is literally enabling those doing what he hates most to continue. Ok, we can say that it is temporary and they are all going to go to Hell anyway, but it's all moot at the end of the day. Seems like we are just actors in a movie that God is directing for no other reason than for the sake of glorifying him (whatever that specifically entails). I'm just ranting though and I don't care right now about logic. I have been losing my faith over more than 10 years and the last couple years are crippling what little faith left I have. The things that makes me not give up on God 100% completely is that I acknowledge that God has healed and did works for people before in the past.

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger First ClassCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 64.0%

Thanks
    All I can say as an Anti-theist is there is no personal God watching over us and protecting us. This is probably why we are in the mess we are in because people have turned to global secularism as a religion and technocrats as "Gods" rather then continue believing in a metaphysical/ mystical religion and "God" that doesn't exist. It seems life's risks are to challenging to face without a religion and a "God" of some sort for most people.

Alumni Member Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassRecommendation First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 19.0%

Thanks
    Timing.
    God's timing is perfect because he sees and understands every little nuance. We are operating with a very limited view. God is not limited.

My posts state what is from my viewpoint. That's all it is. Everyone else's posts are the same. It is information we can all use -- we assess all the viewpoints we can to try to come to some conclusion as to what the truth is and what we might be able to do. It's a pretty feeble effort, but it's all we have.

I trust God's timing. Everything will ultimately turn out perfectly. You are young. You will likely see more of the amazing stuff unfold than us oldies will. Just trust and watch it. It's like a spy thriller.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jen For This Useful Post:

12icer (09-11-2021)

V.I.P
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassRecommendation First ClassVeteran

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Quark View Post
    All I can say as an Anti-theist is there is no personal God watching over us and protecting us. This is probably why we are in the mess we are in because people have turned to global secularism as a religion and technocrats as "Gods" rather then continue believing in a metaphysical/ mystical religion and "God" that doesn't exist. It seems life's risks are to challenging to face without a religion and a "God" of some sort for most people.
    Whether God exists or not, it seems that human life hums along a lot better if most people believe God exists.

As we move into an era where there is no impact from God belief and human secularism reigns........it's obvious that that brings chaos and strife.

Harmony comes if most people believe in God.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jen For This Useful Post:

12icer (09-11-2021),Chester Arthur (09-11-2021),Freewill (09-11-2021),Quark (09-11-2021),usfan (09-11-2021)

Senior Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranSocialTagger First Class
    Awards:
    Community AwardMost Popular
    Overall activity: 9.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Independent View Post
    WHY does GOD even allow this evil to carry on anymore, and as a result he is pissed and bring down wrath upon what HE allowed to happen? The logic of it isn't really important to me anymore, I am too mad. Also, I don't want the world to just end and us to retreat to Heaven. Heaven honestly sounds underwhelming to me. I want a society, I want the world to be saved rather than destroyed. At this rate we are going to die as resistance-less sitting ducks and that is not satisfying me at all.

And God says he is good, but he is literally enabling those doing what he hates most to continue. Ok, we can say that it is temporary and they are all going to go to Hell anyway, but it's all moot at the end of the day. Seems like we are just actors in a movie that God is directing for no other reason than for the sake of glorifying him (whatever that specifically entails). I'm just ranting though and I don't care right now about logic. I have been losing my faith over more than 10 years and the last couple years are crippling what little faith left I have. The things that makes me not give up on God 100% completely is that I acknowledge that God has healed and did works for people before in the past.
    For the same reason the Hollocast, Marjorie Stoneham, Waco and all of the other similar incidents occurred. "We have something to learn" I would venture it is buried in "The Sermon on the Mount", but I know not where.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to JMWinPR For This Useful Post:

12icer (09-11-2021)

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger First ClassCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 64.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    Whether God exists or not, it seems that human life hums along a lot better if most people believe God exists.

As we move into an era where there is no impact from God belief and human secularism reigns........it's obvious that that brings chaos and strife.

Harmony comes if most people believe in God.
    You won't get any argument out of me I've been saying the same thing. People need to believe in something other than themselves to get through life's risks.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Quark For This Useful Post:

12icer (09-11-2021)

V.I.P
    Achievements:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Quark View Post
    You won't get any argument out of me I've been saying the same thing. People need to believe in something other than themselves to get through life's risks.
    I know you've always said this.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jen For This Useful Post:

12icer (09-11-2021),Quark (09-11-2021)

50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 22.0%

Thanks
    Probably to put on display so everyone knows what evil is, and what human nature is.
    There are still many people who think human nature is inherently good and think humans can create their own utopia and solve all the problems.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kazenatsu For This Useful Post:

Dubler9 (09-17-2021),Jen (09-11-2021),Quark (09-11-2021),usfan (09-11-2021)

50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 33.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Independent View Post

The age old question that does not have a good answer (at least a good answer that satifies everyone).

One thing to remember is that people have free will and choose to be evil. For God to remove evil means God has to change the fundamental nature of humans.

In Christianity, mankind was not intended to be evil. Mankind had free will, but was to develope to the point where people could understand good and evil and make the right choices. That was derailed when Adam and Eve disobeyed God and ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil (it wasn't the tree of knowledge, it was the tree of the knowledge of good and evil). At that moment a fundamental change occurred in all of the earth, in Adam and Eve, plants, animals, the ecosystem, everything.

Why God did not immediately correct the problem but set in motion this long process of salvation, I don't know.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wilson2 For This Useful Post:

12icer (09-11-2021),Jen (09-11-2021)

V.I.P
    Achievements:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilson2 View Post
    The age old question that does not have a good answer (at least a good answer that satifies everyone).

One thing to remember is that people have free will and choose to be evil. For God to remove evil means God has to change the fundamental nature of humans.

In Christianity, mankind was not intended to be evil. Mankind had free will, but was to develope to the point where people could understand good and evil and make the right choices. That was derailed when Adam and Eve disobeyed God and ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil (it wasn't the tree of knowledge, it was the tree of the knowledge of good and evil). At that moment a fundamental change occurred in all of the earth, in Adam and Eve, plants, animals, the ecosystem, everything.

Why God did not immediately correct the problem but set in motion this long process of salvation, I don't know.
    Adam and Eve made that long process for salvation necessary when they discovered the existence of Evil. Satan originated Evil by rebelling against God. I'm sure that when God was creating angels and He created Lucifer, he knew what would become of Lucifer: rebellion. But God, being God understood that Good cannot exist without an opposite. So...

Thread Information