User Tag List

Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Evidence for the Creator: Statistics

  1. #1
    Cosmic Watcher Achievements:
    SocialTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranOverdrive
    Overall activity: 19.0%

    usfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    14,533
    Thanks
    16,265
    Thanked: 10,515
    Rep Power
    21474859

    Evidence for the Creator: Statistics

    There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies and statistics. ~Benjamin Disraeli

    One of the major flaws in evolutionary theory, and atheistic naturalism overall, is the assumption, "Given enough time, anything is possible!" That is why huge timeframes are essential for the evolutionist. None of the claims can be observed, repeated, or any mechanism defined, for the belief in increasing complexity, because, 'it took too long!' It is these massive times that lend plausibility to the belief in common ancestry.

    Statistics are pulled from the air, lending scientific and mathematical credibility to the belief, based only on the mantra of atheistic naturalism:

    Given enough time, anything is possible!

    What are the odds of an atheistic 'big bang'? Abiogenesis? Common ancestry? 10 to one? 10 million to one? The odds do not matter. As long as you allow ONE chance, then that's what happened, because we have unlimited statistical time from which to draw from.

    It is the same argument that was made, about monkeys on typewriters, randomly typing the works of Shakespeare. That is possible, they assert, given enough time, and we have billions of years... more, if needed.

    But the argument is flawed, and has no scientific mechanism to accomplish the task. What are the odds that by constantly jumping toward the moon, eventually you could reach it? A billion to one? What are the odds that pulling a slot machine, with cherries, 7s, fruit, and stars, you could eventually get spaceships, planets, and aliens?

    Most people use statistics like a drunk man uses a lamppost; more for support than illumination. ~Andrew Lang

    Calculating statistics for the big bang, abiogenesis, and common ancestry is impossible. These phenomena cannot be observed, repeated, or explained by any known scientific principles, but are asserted based on the wishful thinking of time and chance.

    Occam's Razor would eliminate the wild speculations of atheistic naturalism, and be forced to conclude, 'The Creator.' The imaginary odds, and impossibility of these fantastic, unobservable processes, that somehow 'banged!' the universe into being, then randomly started life (with no definable process), and defies entropy by increasing complexity in living things over 'millions and billions of years!'.. the 'odds' for these imagined events are not astronomical, they are impossible.

    If your experiment needs a statistician, you need a better experiment. ~Ernest Rutherford

    Statistics are used to muddy scientific facts, and observable reality. They have no mathematical or physical laws to enable their calculations, but are made up, to lend credibility to a religious belief. The actual, mathematical statistics, for origins overwhelmingly suggests the Creator. The tenets of faith for atheistic naturalism have no statistical probability, and can only be made up and believed, ignoring true science, statistics, and reason.

    Facts are stubborn things, but statistics are pliable. ~Mark Twain

    The 3 kinds of lies, that Disraeli spoke of are used to deceive people, and drive a wedge between us and our Creator. Don't let the constant propaganda and indoctrination from agenda driven ideologues deceive you. You have a Creator.. THE Creator. You are not a random, meaningless accident in a godless universe, but a Child of God, created for a purpose. Find that purpose, and be reconciled to your Creator. There is nothing more important. Do not put it off, but turn to your Creator and discover the most obvious truth in the universe: The Creator IS.
    "When these things begin to take place, stand up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near." ~Jesus

    No Creator? No America.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to usfan For This Useful Post:

    mrclose (09-13-2021),QuaseMarco (09-13-2021)

  3. #2
    Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 7.0%

    mrclose's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    1,099
    Thanks
    1,090
    Thanked: 3,750
    Rep Power
    7736827
    If you came upon a house in the middle of nowhere, would you assume that the house just popped into existence or possibly built itself?

    How much more complex is life compared to a non living, non thinking 'thing'?
    Think of how stupid the average person is ... then realize the bottom half is stupider.

  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mrclose For This Useful Post:

    Knightkore (09-13-2021),QuaseMarco (09-13-2021),usfan (09-13-2021)

  5. #3
    Alumni Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger First ClassVeteranCreated Blog entry
    Overall activity: 68.0%

    QuaseMarco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    It's hot. Very hot.
    Posts
    22,505
    Thanks
    15,101
    Thanked: 18,733
    Rep Power
    21474867
    I really don't think it takes a scientist to realize that what you say is true.
    There has to be an intelligent force driving life.
    Just look at the complexity of the human body...................it leaves one with absolute awe.
    "Welcome to the Nazista States Of America"


  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to QuaseMarco For This Useful Post:

    Knightkore (09-13-2021),usfan (09-13-2021)

  7. #4
    Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 20.0%

    SharetheHedge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    12,653
    Thanks
    3,480
    Thanked: 12,758
    Rep Power
    18445883
    Quote Originally Posted by usfan View Post
    There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies and statistics. ~Benjamin Disraeli

    One of the major flaws in evolutionary theory, and atheistic naturalism overall, is the assumption, "Given enough time, anything is possible!" That is why huge timeframes are essential for the evolutionist. None of the claims can be observed, repeated, or any mechanism defined, for the belief in increasing complexity, because, 'it took too long!' It is these massive times that lend plausibility to the belief in common ancestry.

    Statistics are pulled from the air, lending scientific and mathematical credibility to the belief, based only on the mantra of atheistic naturalism:

    Given enough time, anything is possible!

    What are the odds of an atheistic 'big bang'? Abiogenesis? Common ancestry? 10 to one? 10 million to one? The odds do not matter. As long as you allow ONE chance, then that's what happened, because we have unlimited statistical time from which to draw from.

    It is the same argument that was made, about monkeys on typewriters, randomly typing the works of Shakespeare. That is possible, they assert, given enough time, and we have billions of years... more, if needed.

    But the argument is flawed, and has no scientific mechanism to accomplish the task. What are the odds that by constantly jumping toward the moon, eventually you could reach it? A billion to one? What are the odds that pulling a slot machine, with cherries, 7s, fruit, and stars, you could eventually get spaceships, planets, and aliens?

    Most people use statistics like a drunk man uses a lamppost; more for support than illumination. ~Andrew Lang

    Calculating statistics for the big bang, abiogenesis, and common ancestry is impossible. These phenomena cannot be observed, repeated, or explained by any known scientific principles, but are asserted based on the wishful thinking of time and chance.

    Occam's Razor would eliminate the wild speculations of atheistic naturalism, and be forced to conclude, 'The Creator.' The imaginary odds, and impossibility of these fantastic, unobservable processes, that somehow 'banged!' the universe into being, then randomly started life (with no definable process), and defies entropy by increasing complexity in living things over 'millions and billions of years!'.. the 'odds' for these imagined events are not astronomical, they are impossible.

    If your experiment needs a statistician, you need a better experiment. ~Ernest Rutherford

    Statistics are used to muddy scientific facts, and observable reality. They have no mathematical or physical laws to enable their calculations, but are made up, to lend credibility to a religious belief. The actual, mathematical statistics, for origins overwhelmingly suggests the Creator. The tenets of faith for atheistic naturalism have no statistical probability, and can only be made up and believed, ignoring true science, statistics, and reason.

    Facts are stubborn things, but statistics are pliable. ~Mark Twain

    The 3 kinds of lies, that Disraeli spoke of are used to deceive people, and drive a wedge between us and our Creator. Don't let the constant propaganda and indoctrination from agenda driven ideologues deceive you. You have a Creator.. THE Creator. You are not a random, meaningless accident in a godless universe, but a Child of God, created for a purpose. Find that purpose, and be reconciled to your Creator. There is nothing more important. Do not put it off, but turn to your Creator and discover the most obvious truth in the universe: The Creator IS.

    1) How do you know that the Christian apologist's stats are not also "pulled from the air"? You know, where they say the odds of evolution occurring are like covering the state of Texas with silver dollars 10 feet deep and one person walking out anywhere in that state and then reaching down and digging out one silver dollar that happened to be the ONE coin that was marked with a "X"? where did aplogists get THAT stat/analogy?

    2) Not only do you have billions of years, but QUADRILLIONS of planets (or more) to imagine life occurring (sans a Creator) on just ONE. In fact, there may be SO many planets that the question may actually need to be - "How many planets must there be for life to occur on just one of them? ANSWER: "How many do we NEED"?

    3)
    Calculating statistics for the big bang, abiogenesis, and common ancestry is impossible. These phenomena cannot be observed, repeated, or explained by any known scientific principles, but are asserted based on the wishful thinking of time and chance.


    Sounds a lot like the miracles of the bible, don't they?
    Last edited by SharetheHedge; 09-13-2021 at 02:31 PM.
    "Two possibilities exist - either we are alone in the universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying. (Arthur C. Clarke)

    "I do not object to the concept of a deity but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance" (Amy Farrah Fowler)

    "Tolerance is the last virtue of a dying society." ​(Anon.)

  8. #5
    Cosmic Watcher Achievements:
    SocialTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranOverdrive
    Overall activity: 19.0%

    usfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    14,533
    Thanks
    16,265
    Thanked: 10,515
    Rep Power
    21474859
    Quote Originally Posted by SharetheHedge View Post
    1) How do you know that the Christian apologist's stats are not also "pulled from the air"? You know, where they say the odds of evolution occurring are like covering the state of Texas with silver dollars 10 feet deep and one person walking out anywhere in that state and then reaching down and digging out one silver dollar that happened to be the ONE coin that was marked with a "X"? where did aplogists get THAT stat/analogy?

    2) Not only do you have billions of years, but QUADRILLIONS of planets (or more) to imagine life occurring (sans a Creator) on just ONE. In fact, there may be SO many planets that the question may actually need to be - "How many planets must there be for life to occur on just one of them? ANSWER: "How many do we NEED"?

    3)

    Sounds a lot like the miracles of the bible, don't they?
    1. I don't know. I only defend my arguments, and have no control over the arguments of others.

    2. Yes, that is the statistical argument for atheistic naturalism. 'Given enough time, AND infinite space, abiogenesis could happen, as well as common ancestry. This is a refutation of that argument. Just imagining a single chance, in the face of eternal odds, does not make it a real possibility, especially when the major laws of physics have to be violated.

    3. The biblical miracles are historical events, not repeatable natural processes. They are not subject to scientific methodology, as atheistic naturalism claims. But the BELIEF in biblical miracles, and the BELIEF in the fantastic 'miracle' of atheistic naturalism is an interesting correlation.

    The most plausible, simplest explanation, which you appeal to often, is that the origins of life, the cosmos, and species were from a creation event, NOT atheistic natural processes. Those do not exist, that could have started those 3 major points of our origins.
    "When these things begin to take place, stand up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near." ~Jesus

    No Creator? No America.

  9. #6
    Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 20.0%

    SharetheHedge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    12,653
    Thanks
    3,480
    Thanked: 12,758
    Rep Power
    18445883
    Quote Originally Posted by usfan View Post
    1. I don't know. I only defend my arguments, and have no control over the arguments of others.


    2. Yes, that is the statistical argument for atheistic naturalism. 'Given enough time, AND infinite space, abiogenesis could happen, as well as common ancestry. This is a refutation of that argument. Just imagining a single chance, in the face of eternal odds, does not make it a real possibility, especially when the major laws of physics have to be violated.
    YOUR argument is statistical also. It DOES have to do with the "odds", as you even mention "eternal odds". Where do your stats come from when you determine the stats indicate there is NO chance of a particular thing happening? I am NOT arguing that abiogenesis, for instance, happened. I'm only arguing that it is a POSSIBILITY, though maybe not even the most likely possibility. You write it off as an impossibility NO MATTER how many planets there are or how much time was involved.

    It is estimated that there are perhaps quadrillions of stars in the observable universe. Given at least one planet per star then obviously quadrillions of planets. Mind you, this is just the OBSERVABLE universe, which MIGHT only be a tiny fraction of the entire universe. Now if abiogenesis WERE to occur, granting the odds against it happening on any ONE planet are also staggering, it only stands to reason that there would have to be a VAST number of planets for it to have a real chance to occur on just one planet, or a very few.

    AND THIS IS WHAT WE DO FIND - the universe we are in has an INCOMPREHENSIBLE number of stars and planets. Why is that, if a Creator could have made ONE planet with one sun, and created life there? Or a handful of solar systems with life on one planet?




    3. The biblical miracles are historical events, not repeatable natural processes. They are not subject to scientific methodology, as atheistic naturalism claims. But the BELIEF in biblical miracles, and the BELIEF in the fantastic 'miracle' of atheistic naturalism is an interesting correlation.

    Miracles are NOT historical events unless we have enough evidence that they really occurred. The fact that they are not repeatable nor subject to scientific methodology completes the non-falsifiable nature of the contention that they DID happen. Non-falsifiability does NOT contend for the truth of something extraordinary, it, rather, casts DOUBT upon it because it could very well be an EXCUSE for why it CAN'T be proven or disproven.

    Yes, there IS a correlation between belief in biblical miracles and atheistic naturalism (or any event that can't be proven to have occurred) - FAITH. But how does this help your position? If an atheist were to give his belief in naturalism in return for you giving up your faith in biblical miracles, that atheist might have to settle for agnosticism, or deism, but YOU would lose your faith in the bible as the word of God, and naturally, Christianity ENTIRELY.

    This indicates that your belief requires MORE faith, and more faith assertions to arrive at your FULL belief, than the atheist or agnostic or deist, who basically are NOT CONVINCED of a God (or the IDENTITY of that God in the case of the deist), more than they are making an AFFIRMATIVE assertion that something exists. There is a lot they don't claim to know, but the Christians (and adherents of many other religious beliefs) are pretty much claiming to KNOW IT ALL.

    Which seems to be a more realistic position?
    Last edited by SharetheHedge; 09-15-2021 at 07:45 AM.
    "Two possibilities exist - either we are alone in the universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying. (Arthur C. Clarke)

    "I do not object to the concept of a deity but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance" (Amy Farrah Fowler)

    "Tolerance is the last virtue of a dying society." ​(Anon.)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •