User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: Family Guy 2016 about vaccines?

  1. #11
    Alumni Member Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 99.0%

    Rutabaga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    43,523
    Thanks
    102,575
    Thanked: 64,845
    Rep Power
    21474887
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenyx View Post
    Neither has to be evil per se. I think we can agree that the more we look for the truth, the more of it we'll find, and discussing the evidence can help us find it.
    it was kind of rhetorical, but i get it...
    "The nose, knows"

    "Negros were like animals and they turned the streets into jungles”
    joe biden.


    Covid=$
    "The Emperor Wears No Clothes"

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Rutabaga For This Useful Post:

    phoenyx (09-15-2021)

  3. #12
    Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger First ClassCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 62.0%

    Quark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    37,378
    Thanks
    78,840
    Thanked: 37,988
    Rep Power
    21474880
    Quote Originally Posted by WarriorRob View Post
    Sorry to break this to you @Quark it's always been this way, they have always cheated their favorites into office, President Trump pulled the whool from our eyes, now people know. That was the reason I never voted until President Trump came along, figured the people with money always picked their candidate in elections. I can think of 2 recent Presidents that managed to get past the cheating threathhold President Reagan and President Trump. Hopefully "if" and "when" they put these voting integrity bills into law, this will put voting back into the hands of "The People" I'm optimistic, we will see
    You aren't telling me anything I don't know. The only "free men" in America were the backwoodsmen and mountain men and maybe the cowboys. Other than that we have always been slaves of a sort. You can't have freedom in groups only as an individual. Unfortunately, individuals don't last long on their own but at least you are free.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Quark For This Useful Post:

    WarriorRob (09-15-2021)

  5. #13
    Hail to the Thief V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 49.0%

    El Guapo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    7,705
    Thanks
    2,748
    Thanked: 16,323
    Rep Power
    21474847
    Quote Originally Posted by WarriorRob View Post
    Family Guy Episode Aired on November 13, 2016


    This one is weird he starts out trying to get a Bat out of his houseat 1:20 mark they are reading about side effects of the vaccine, you have to watch it?
    There was much vaccine controversy long before Pinko Pox was unleashed on the world. People were (and still are, presumably) leery of 'school' vaccinations that were causing health problems for their kids. Autism, even.
    There are quite a few parallels between the school controversies and today- it's where the moronic slur 'antivaxxer' was born. A word used by dummy parent fuckwits who couldn't grasp that if their kid is vaccinated, it doesn't matter if other kids aren't.
    Come to think of it, one might even posit that TBTB learned how divisive the issue was during that fight, and use it to their advantage to befuddle the public today.
    14 Days to Flatten the Curve Just Became 3 Jabs to Feed Your Family


  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to El Guapo For This Useful Post:

    Quark (09-15-2021),WarriorRob (09-15-2021)

  7. #14
    Senior Member Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 58.0%

    phoenyx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    793
    Thanks
    525
    Thanked: 689
    Rep Power
    3758115
    Quote Originally Posted by Quark View Post
    You aren't telling me anything I don't know. The only "free men" in America were the backwoodsmen and mountain men and maybe the cowboys. Other than that we have always been slaves of a sort. You can't have freedom in groups only as an individual. Unfortunately, individuals don't last long on their own but at least you are free.
    I think we can agree that things generally aren't black and white- there is no dividing line between "slaves" and "free men" It's more like a spectrum. I think of it like this- ultimately freedom means being able to do whatever you want. Even backwoodsmen and mountain men don't get that- they have to make compromises depending on the weather, animals in the area, food they have stored, etc. In some ways, it could even be said that they have -less- freedom, in the sense that they may have to spend a lot more time taking care of their survival as opposed to leisure activities.


    I fully agree that generally speaking, individuals don't last long on their own. I think most would agree that humans are a deeply communal species and the idea of being truly alone without other humans in the vicinity is anathema to most. Ideally, I think most would want to live in a community of humans that share their core values. There are various ways to try to achieve this.

    Some literally make their own intentional communities. I briefly tried to be in one of those, but it didn't work out. I may be trying to do something like this again in the not too distant future. To do one of these, you basically have to have a fair amount of land and government permission to build multiple homes on it, with members of the community being chosen by an initial founding group.

    An alternative is to try to persuade others of one's core values and beliefs. One's mileage may very here :-p.

    I think my coming to this site is a bit of an example of me looking for a community that fit my own value system, in particular when it came to this official covid narrative which I loathe. I found a lot of like minded people here and I was like, this may be the place, lol :-).
    "Trust those who seek the truth, doubt those who find it."

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to phoenyx For This Useful Post:

    Quark (09-15-2021)

  9. #15
    Senior Member Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 58.0%

    phoenyx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    793
    Thanks
    525
    Thanked: 689
    Rep Power
    3758115
    Quote Originally Posted by El Guapo View Post
    There was much vaccine controversy long before Pinko Pox was unleashed on the world. People were (and still are, presumably) leery of 'school' vaccinations that were causing health problems for their kids. Autism, even.
    There are quite a few parallels between the school controversies and today- it's where the moronic slur 'antivaxxer' was born. A word used by dummy parent fuckwits who couldn't grasp that if their kid is vaccinated, it doesn't matter if other kids aren't.
    Come to think of it, one might even posit that TBTB learned how divisive the issue was during that fight, and use it to their advantage to befuddle the public today.
    To be fair, the mainstream media has been suggesting that unvaccinated people are making it unsafe for vaccinated-this notion is even in the Family Guy clip. I believe it has something to do with the notion of herd immunity. One immunologist who I admire came to the opposite conclusion though- that it is actually the vaccinated that are endangering the community. Her argument is long, but for those who'd like to read it, it can be seen here:
    https://olis.oregonlegislature.gov/l...Document/45358
    "Trust those who seek the truth, doubt those who find it."

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to phoenyx For This Useful Post:

    Quark (09-15-2021)

  11. #16
    Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger First ClassCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 62.0%

    Quark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    37,378
    Thanks
    78,840
    Thanked: 37,988
    Rep Power
    21474880
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenyx View Post
    I think we can agree that things generally aren't black and white- there is no dividing line between "slaves" and "free men" It's more like a spectrum. I think of it like this- ultimately freedom means being able to do whatever you want. Even backwoodsmen and mountain men don't get that- they have to make compromises depending on the weather, animals in the area, food they have stored, etc. In some ways, it could even be said that they have -less- freedom, in the sense that they may have to spend a lot more time taking care of their survival as opposed to leisure activities.


    I fully agree that generally speaking, individuals don't last long on their own. I think most would agree that humans are a deeply communal species and the idea of being truly alone without other humans in the vicinity is anathema to most. Ideally, I think most would want to live in a community of humans that share their core values. There are various ways to try to achieve this.

    Some literally make their own intentional communities. I briefly tried to be in one of those, but it didn't work out. I may be trying to do something like this again in the not too distant future. To do one of these, you basically have to have a fair amount of land and government permission to build multiple homes on it, with members of the community being chosen by an initial founding group.

    An alternative is to try to persuade others of one's core values and beliefs. One's mileage may very here :-p.

    I think my coming to this site is a bit of an example of me looking for a community that fit my own value system, in particular when it came to this official covid narrative which I loathe. I found a lot of like minded people here and I was like, this may be the place, lol :-).
    That's why I say death will set you free. There is more to this saying than meets the eye.

  12. #17
    Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger First ClassCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 62.0%

    Quark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    37,378
    Thanks
    78,840
    Thanked: 37,988
    Rep Power
    21474880
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenyx View Post
    To be fair, the mainstream media has been suggesting that unvaccinated people are making it unsafe for vaccinated-this notion is even in the Family Guy clip. I believe it has something to do with the notion of herd immunity. One immunologist who I admire came to the opposite conclusion though- that it is actually the vaccinated that are endangering the community. Her argument is long, but for those who'd like to read it, it can be seen here:
    https://olis.oregonlegislature.gov/l...Document/45358
    It is ironic that it is always the vaxxed of anything that are in a panic when there are a large number of us that aren't vaxxed. If being vaxxed was a sure thing than how come the unvaxxed aren't blowing a gasket. Nope it's always the vaxxed that blow a gasket over the unvaxxed. Goes to show that everybody deep down knows that being vaxxed is useless.

  13. #18
    Senior Member Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 58.0%

    phoenyx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    793
    Thanks
    525
    Thanked: 689
    Rep Power
    3758115
    Quote Originally Posted by Quark View Post
    That's why I say death will set you free. There is more to this saying than meets the eye.

    I believe that ghosts may exist, so I'm not completely sure about that one, lol :-p. Perhaps freedom is about being at peace with oneself and those around us. Probably easier to achieve once one is dead :-p.


    This reminds me of a story regarding death and desire from a film that I really liked, the last of Peter Brook's Mahabharata trilogy. I wrote it down for easy copy and pasting:

    **
    King: "Bishma, this world is savage. How can one understand the savagery of this world?"


    Bishma:
    "A man is walking in a dark, dangerous forest, filled with wild beasts. The forest is surrounded by a vast net. The man is afraid. He runs to escape from the beasts. He falls into a pitch black hole. By a miracle, he's caught in some twisted roots. He feels the hot breath of an enormous snake, its jaws wide open, lying at the bottom of the pit. He's about to fall into these jaws.


    On the edge of the hole, a huge elephant is preparing to crush him. Black and white mice gnaw the roots from which the man is hanging. Dangerous bees fly over the hole, letting fall drops of honey.


    Then, the man holds out his finger."


    Bishma begins to hold out a finger.


    Bishma:
    "Slowly, cautiously, he holds out his finger to catch the drops of honey. Threatened by so many dangers, with hardly a breath between him and so many deaths, he still isn't free from desire. The thought of honey holds him to life."


    Bishma puts his finger to his mouth.


    King: "But how can one escape?"


    Bishma dies.
    **


    As to the takeaway of this, I'm thinking part of it is that dying is generally easy to do, it's living that's hard. What frequently keeps us alive is desire, the hope of getting x or y things in the future. In a way, we can see desire as an impediment to freedom, but desire and purpose are strongly linked. I think we should always be very conscious of what we desire and why. It can be a force for both good and bad. Goes with that old saying, "be careful what you wish for."


    There was a line (I imagine I'm paraphrasing a bit) from one of the Illuminatus books that went something like this:
    "Fear of death is the beginning of slavery. Overcoming that fear is its end."

    I think it can use some refinement and elaboration but I think they were on to something. If people can't scare you into doing something even under penalty of death, they have no real power over year. They can take your life, but that's about it. So while they can try to coerce us into doing all kinds of things, there are limits to how far that can go. It all comes back to our core values, what we would die to protect.
    Last edited by phoenyx; 09-15-2021 at 08:03 AM.
    "Trust those who seek the truth, doubt those who find it."

  14. #19
    Senior Member Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 58.0%

    phoenyx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    793
    Thanks
    525
    Thanked: 689
    Rep Power
    3758115
    Quote Originally Posted by Quark View Post
    It is ironic that it is always the vaxxed of anything that are in a panic when there are a large number of us that aren't vaxxed. If being vaxxed was a sure thing than how come the unvaxxed aren't blowing a gasket. Nope it's always the vaxxed that blow a gasket over the unvaxxed. Goes to show that everybody deep down knows that being vaxxed is useless.
    I think it's more that people who get vaxxed are more trusting of authority figures and if the authority figures say that the unvaxxed are putting them in danger (which they do), they tend to believe it.
    "Trust those who seek the truth, doubt those who find it."

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •