User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Prophecies......

Alumni Member Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassRecommendation First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 1.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by yeuemmaimai View Post
    USA removed as a super power? check (this is why we are not in Biblical prophecy)
    Russia and Tran and her allies going to start against Israel? any day now
    Existing peace deal waiting to be enforced by the anti-Christ? definitely
    people believing the lie and being turned over to a strong delusion? absolutely started
    technology in place for the Mark of the Beast? yup
    people travelling to and from? yes
    knowledge greatly increased? without a doubt
    Damascus almost an irradiated ruinous heap? any day now
    Israel stands alone? we are inches away from that.
    ethic group against ethnic group? BLM ring a bell?
    people doing what is right in their own eyes? look outside and you will see it in any major city right now

Satan has always had his man at the ready and this time, once the restrainer is removed (Church indwelt by the Holy Spirit) he will be revealed
    We are watching the Apocalypse .... the Revelation .... now. It's like a train wreck in slow motion. Every person on earth can feel it. They may not know what they feel, the immense gravity of it, but everyone feels it. It's a weight, the feeling of impending storm.

I believe the restrainer has been removed. Our Churches are no longer indwelt by the Holy Spirit. There are individual people who have the Holy Spirit dwelling within us, but the Church has been killed off by its need to cater to the world rather than God .... and fragmented by Covid.

The Book of Revelation uses symbolism so we don't know the exact way that the Anti Christ will come to us. Will it be a single magnificent person? Or will it be a great and pervasive idea that sucks us all into itself? But soon, someone or something will emerge that the masses feel will save us from the sadness and dread we are feeling now.

God help us.
    Last edited by Jen; 09-15-2021 at 11:13 AM.

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 29.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    We are watching the Apocalypse .... the Revelation .... now. It's like a train wreck in slow motion. Every person on earth can feel it. They may not know what they feel, the immense gravity of it, but everyone feels it. It's a weight, the feeling of impending storm.

I believe the restrainer has been removed. Our Churches are no longer indwelt by the Holy Spirit. There are individual people who have the Holy Spirit dwelling within us, but the Church has been killed off by its need to cater to the world rather than God .... and fragmented by Covid.

The Book of Revelation uses symbolism so we don't know the exact way that the Anti Christ will come to us. Will it be a single magnificent person? Or will it be a great and pervasive idea that sucks us all into itself? But soon, someone or something will emerge that the masses feel will save us from the sadness and dread we are feeling now.

God help us.

An early protestant interpretation of the "restrainer being removed", was that it referred to the ROMAN EMPIRE, in it's form in the days of Paul. This makes sense when you realize that there is a reason he doesn't just come out and SAY what the restraining force was. If it was the Holy Spirit, why not say so? He spoke about the Holy Spirit plenty in the epistles.

But there WAS a reason to not name the Roman Empire specifically and that is because if anyone forwarded a copy of Paul's letter to a Roman authority, and it had said that the Empire would be REMOVED, it would bring hella persecution on the church, (or MORE persecution?) The Romans already thought the Christians were a potential threat if they grew too large and influenced too many to not obey Rome in some manner.

It seems obvious Paul was INTENTIONALLY AVOIDING to write down in a letter exactly what that restraining force was. In private, though, he may have shared it. This makes sense of why he was beating around the bush with what it specifically was.

I think that a LOT of the imagery in Revelation has to do with Rome also and would be a reason that the author disguised so many entities and events in the book with imaginative imagery.
    Last edited by SharetheHedge; 09-15-2021 at 12:09 PM.
    "Two possibilities exist - either we are alone in the universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying. (Arthur C. Clarke)

"I do not object to the concept of a deity but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance" (Amy Farrah Fowler)

"Tolerance is the last virtue of a dying society." ​(Anon.)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SharetheHedge For This Useful Post:

Jen (09-15-2021)

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 20.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post

God help us.
    we are seeing just the very beginnings of the evil that is going to show up in short order

the restrainer has not been removed for it it was, believers would not be here and the anti-Christ would be known. Once he goes into the rebuilt temple and declares himself to be God. one will know the exact date of Christ's return to set foot on earth once again. Remember the Tribulation will start when an existing peace treaty is enforced with Israel.
    Last edited by yeuemmaimai; 09-15-2021 at 02:20 PM.
    Bring out your dead- The monster is amongst us waiting to be revealed - he bears the number of a man, 666.
    Death is not racist as it is
    color blind it comes for us all regardless of age or standing
    has no remorse, or feels pity
    cannot be reasoned with nor bargained with
    it is coming for us all.

Alumni, Moderator Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second ClassVeteranYour first Group
    Overall activity: 28.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tlmjl View Post
    Does God ever change? The answer is a resounding no. Fairly sure that everyone can agree to that statement. God is the same God that challenged Abram to offer his son. The same God who spoke to Moses and led his people out of captivity. Keeping that thought in mind let us move on.

Prophecy is nothing new in the Church and by Church I reference the Catholic Church. The Bible contains over 2,500 prophecies of which 2,000 have already materialized into history with stunning accuracy. The remaining 500 or so still reach into the future. The most well known of the fulfilled prophecies are those that foretold the coming of the Messiah. Aproximately 700 years before Christ, the prophet Micah named the tiny village of Bethlehem as the birthplace of the Messiah (Micah 5:2). In the fifth century B.C the prophet Zechariah declared that the Messiah would be betrayed for the price of a slave. Thirty pieces of silver according to Jewish Law. This money was to be used for burial ground for Jerusalem's poor foreigners (Zechariah 11:12-13). Some may refer to that land as "Potters Field".

Some 400 years before crucifixion was invented, both Israel's King David and the prophet Zechariah described how the Messiah would die. Including the unique piercing of his body and sparing of broken bones (Psalm 22 and 34:20, Zechariah 12:10).

If not for God, how could they have possibly known these detailed facts? God becoming Man, God being betrayed, humiliated and killed. Prophecy did not end when the Councils of Hippo (Catholic Church) in 393 A.D. and Carthage in 397 A.D. and 419 A.D. It was at these times that the original books of the Bible were put together. Prophecy is a continual charism of the Holy Spirit guiding the Church and the world. Prophecy reveals the will of the Lord and at times his plan.

Point of emphasis....insofar as salvation history is concerned, the Lord has been met more often than not, with the hardened rejection, dismissal, or the indifference of his people. Few people listen or believe (this can be found in our current state of affairs). Scripture shares with us the ironic and somewhat frightening fact that many of the most religious people of Christ time were actively practicing their religion and eagerly awaiting the promised Messiah, but they were unable to recognize him when he came. This pattern of pride and defiance will repeat itself and never change until mankind changes. Christ himself spoke of our own future rejection of him when he prophesied "But when the son of man comes, will he find faith on earth"? (Luke 18:8). We don't have to look to far or hard for that do we?

So I say to you....why wouldn't a message as universal and earthshaking as THE WARNING not be preached in every church and synagogue in our country and throughout the world? The answer is all to clear.....it lies in the unfortunate repetition of human history.

To be continued.......keep a few things in mind. Prophecy, Warning,
    Illumination of Conscience
    Awesome post.
    DuckDuckGo is a leftist, Soros sponsored and financial contributor to the collective left. They are the proverbial wolf in sheeps clothing. They present themselves as an option away from the corrupt Google, when in fact...they are only a contrived option that really just gives money, and takes money from our ideological enemies. Qwant appears to be an option. Spread the word.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Canadianeye For This Useful Post:

tlmjl (09-16-2021)

Thanks
    Roman Catholics are amillennialistic they do not believe in the Church being taken away. They believe that you must go to purgatory before you can go to heaven...something that direcrtly contradicts Scripture where it states

2 Corinthians 5:8
    We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.
    Bring out your dead- The monster is amongst us waiting to be revealed - he bears the number of a man, 666.
    it is coming for us all.

Thanks
    we are seeing just the very beginnings of the evil that is going to show up in short order

the restrainer has not been removed for it it was, believers would not be here and the anti-Christ would be known. Once he goes into the rebuilt temple and declares himself to be God. one will know the exact date of Christ's return to set foot on earth once again. Remember the Tribulation will start when an existing peace treaty is enforced with Israel.

Why was Paul so CRYPTIC about who/what the restraining force was if it was the Holy Spirit or Christians themselves being raptured?

Think outside the fundie box for once, Y. Paul was referring to something he didn't want to specifically IDENTIFY in writing and for very good reason.
    "Two possibilities exist - either we are alone in the universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying. (Arthur C. Clarke)

"I do not object to the concept of a deity but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance" (Amy Farrah Fowler)

Thanks
    The Church is the restrainer as Christians are filled with the Holy Spirit.
    it is coming for us all.

Thanks
    The Church is the restrainer as Christians are filled with the Holy Spirit.

Coffman Commentaries on the Bible

For the mystery of lawlessness doth already work: only there is one that restraineth now, until he be taken out of the way.
    In the Greek, the restraining power is spoken of, both as "he" and as "it," as when a man might speak of the law as "it," and of the enforcer of it as "he." Of course the Roman government was the principal authority of the age in which Paul wrote; and, as long as there was a strong central government in Rome, the spiritual empire of the papists was unable fully to develop. It was with the breakdown of law and order, in the coming of the vandals and hordes of barbarians, that the man of sin saw his opportunity and took it. There ensued the Holy Roman Empire, controlled absolutely by Romanists.

I'm not going to argue with you any further on this, other than to encourage you to think outside the "fundie box" a little. I'm not saying I am convinced of the interpretation I have referred to either but it DOES make sense in a way that your's does not. Once upon a time, you heard the usual explanation of what restrains in this verse and you just took it to heart. You seem to just accept whatever is the majority viewpoint on many doctrines and explanations of certain texts? The mainstream viewpoint (nowadays) of this verse does NOT explain why Paul wouldn't just come right out and IDENTIFY this "restraining power". It does NOT explain or address why he was apparently secretive about it.

"He" could refer to Rome, or more specifically, the Roman Emperor(s). As Imperial Rome lost power over the next few hundred years, the Roman Church and the PAPACY gained influence over secular powers. The "man of sin" was believed to be the POPE or the office of the Papacy by many Reformers.

Last edited by SharetheHedge; 09-16-2021 at 02:47 PM.

Thread Information