Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Germany is bracing for a major electric vehicle shock

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registeredSocial
    Overall activity: 68.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tiny1 View Post
    Freewill

Where do you get all the Lithium? The US has ONE lithium mine. We'll have to go to China.
    And, How much lithium do you think we have? To do what you and they want, we would need 800,000 metric tons of lithium by 2040. Right now, we have approximately 365 year supply of lithium. If we ramp up production to provide EV batteries, we'll need 100 Giga factories and it would reduce the span to 17 years. Then what?
    Plenty of Lithium, Helium and strategic metals on the Moon and on Asteroids. There is currently a low profile Space race going on to set up Moon Mining bases

Quote Originally Posted by tiny1 View Post
    How about all the mechanics who will need massive retraining? All the revenue convenience stores collect for oil and gas? And how will it affect Motorsports? It will be like watching WNBA ball, when the dragsters sound like sewing machines.
    Its already a problem, Theres a shortage of motor mechanics, and an even shorter shortage of motor mechanics who can fix EV's.

Theres also an Electric F3 , but its like watching go karts. I suspect motor sports will continue with petrol engines, but it will slowly die out and some other sport will replace it all.

The point here is it needs Fusion Power to make this work, where you get enough power out of 3 grams of Hydrogen to power a city the size of London for a day. Only by building huge numbers of Fusion plants is there going to be enough power. Theres been huge advances made recently and its just at our fingertips, 10-15 years tops we'll have a working fusion plant.
    Last edited by UKSmartypants; 09-18-2021 at 02:36 PM.
    I declare that the entire content and attachments of any and all of my posts are for the purposes of personal entertainment, and that I do not vouch for the veracity of the content. Neither do I care if you doubt my sources. That's your prerogative, but not my concern.

DO NOT POST COVID,VACCINE, or 5G BOLLOX IN MY THREADS. TAKE IT TO THE COVID FORUM. -----------------------------------------------------------
    REMEMBER: Xenophobia Can Save Lives!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to UKSmartypants For This Useful Post:

Neo (09-18-2021)

Hail to the Thief V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 46.0%

Thanks
    Yep. Giant blocks of lithium hurtling down roadways @ 60 mph. What could possibly go wrong?

To think is easy. To act is difficult. To act as one thinks is the most difficult.

- Goethe

Thread Information