User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Germany is bracing for a major electric vehicle shock

Senior Member V.I.P Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 42.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dummy View Post
    How much fossil fuel does it take to charge your electric vehicle fantasy?

Farmers are being paid not to farm their land. Paid not to grow corn. How much fuel is not being produced at a cost? Hemp seed oil can be harvested every 4 months. Plus it grows where other crops won’t.

You know how much a remote diesel generator electric charging station requires to charge a vehicle? I bet you don’t, and don’t care because you are drinking the totalitarian kool aid. Wake the fuck up, when has a government mandate ever benefited mankind? Hitler is calling you to the train station, don’t be late.
    Wow, it doesn't take much of a disagreement for you to flip off the handle, too bad we can't harness that amount of energy.

How in the hell did you get from what I posted about the infeasibility of everyone powering their vehicles with veg oil to supporting electric vehicles?

Paying farmers not to farm is really not true, true in the sense you said it.

Paying Farmers Not To Farm? Not Exactly | Harvest Public Media

I think governments are aholes for setting mandated dates for conversion to all electric. Let the free market move as has Volkswagen. I think we should either go to Hydrogen or see if super capacitors work out, that sounds the most promising.

BTW, I once remembering seeing an EV drive all over the Moon.
    Last edited by Freewill; 09-14-2021 at 11:59 AM.
    Let's Go Brandon!!

Senior Member V.I.P Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 42.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by YellowRose View Post
    It isn't the charging station problem. It is a power source issue. Source...not method.
    My sarcastic point is exactly what you are saying. They are mandating the end product before confirming the supply. That said, my local utility has not voiced a concern at all about this, they rather embrace more business. Running at 100 percent 24/7 makes the most money.
    Yinz need to watch the video "Planet of the Humans."

planet of the humans - Bing

The best part is, it is produced by Michael Moore. Usually the love child of the rabid left.
    Let's Go Brandon!!

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 32.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Freewill View Post
    Wow, it doesn't take much of a disagreement for you to flip off the handle, too bad we can't harness that amount of energy.

How in the hell did you get from what I posted about the infeasibility of everyone powering their vehicles with veg oil to supporting electric vehicles?

Paying farmers not to farm is really not true, true in the sense you said it.

Paying Farmers Not To Farm? Not Exactly | Harvest Public Media

I think governments are aholes for setting mandated dates for conversion to all electric. Let the free market move as has Volkswagen. I think we should either go to Hydrogen or see if super capacitors work out, that sounds the most promising.

BTW, I once remembering seeing an EV drive all over the Moon.

The Biden administration will pay farmers more money not to farm

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thecoun...a-vilsack/amp/

Biden is paying farmers to let the land go fallow. In the name of reducing greenhouse gas. Do you see the hypocrisy in this? Starve the people, ruin the farmland for the future. And preventing SVO diesel from being viable. Wouldn’t running current auto factories with the current work force, making recyclable engines that emit water vapor for exhaust be the most green and economically and environmentally viable solution?

The moon lander jeep is now toxic litter on the moon. What a stupid argument.
    I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them. ó George Mason, during Virginiaís Convention to Ratify the Constitution (1788)

running down a dream V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 35.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dummy View Post
    Straight vegetable oil is an infinite source of fuel and the exhaust is water vapor.

i heard a story once that big gasoline killed the diesel. agree the diesel is a great power plant and as you said runs on vegetable oil. can't get any greener than that. there are problems with this fuel in sub zero weather but it can be mitigated.
    2 things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity .. and Iím not so sure about the universe - Albert Einstein

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ruthless terrier For This Useful Post:

Big Dummy (09-14-2021)

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 12.0%

Thanks
    HELL, CA cannot keep it's lights on now so what will the future hold with all the electric car power requirements.
    If you can't beat them... You're NOT hitting hard enough.

"Wake early if you want another man's life or land. No land for the lazy wolf. No battle's won in bed' - A Viking saying (Edda of Saemund the Wise)

Banned Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 30.0%

Thanks
    The German auto industry already relied on massive gov subsidies and now they are selling electric cars due to gov subsides on top of that. So much for the free market/capitalism.

50000 Experience Points1 year registeredSocial
    Overall activity: 58.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Call_me_Ishmael View Post
    We need some major discovery that will give batteries an order of magnitude longer life.

Batteries have always been the neglected cousin of Physics. Its absurd you have to charge a Mobile Phone upo overnight to keep it working next day, You should be able to charge it up and it works for a month.

They have made great leaps in batteries in the last 10 years, but also great leaps in motors as well, the key breakthrough was neodymium magnets, which provided magnetic fields ten times stronger. Ther has also been improvement in power usage of devices, taking far loess power.

If you consider the human body roughly uses 200 watts to run, thats only 16 amps out a 12v battery.

imho batteries are a waste of time for cars, Hydrogen fuel cells are the way forward.
    I declare that the entire content and attachments of any and all of my posts are for the purposes of personal entertainment, and that I do not vouch for the veracity of the content. Neither do I care if you doubt my sources. That's your prerogative, but not my concern.

DO NOT POST COVID,VACCINE, or 5G BOLLOX IN MY THREADS. TAKE IT TO THE COVID FORUM. -----------------------------------------------------------
    REMEMBER: Xenophobia Can Save Lives!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to UKSmartypants For This Useful Post:

Neo (09-18-2021)

Member Achievements:
    1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    Overall activity: 0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Freewill View Post
    The answer is so easy and seems to be the one the administration is pursuing.

All that is needed is to install charging stations. Make it mandatory to install them during new construction. Having a place to plug in your electric car is as short sighted as we need be, the rest will take care of itself. Shutting down coal stations is a start.
    A third of UK vehicle are unable to charge an EV from home as the layout of narrow streets, parking locations to homes, and the type of homes make it impossible.

So for a third of motorists, they want to make a cup of tea but it means they have to go find somewhere to boil the kettle, probably at a charge point in a car park at a higher tariff cost whilst they have electric at home.

Many are expecting to plug a car in at home, so I would be interested to hear your solution to these millions of motorists that will be unable to.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Glasgow Guy For This Useful Post:

Neo (09-18-2021)

The Purple one V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 17.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Glasgow Guy View Post
    A third of UK vehicle are unable to charge an EV from home as the layout of narrow streets, parking locations to homes, and the type of homes make it impossible.

So for a third of motorists, they want to make a cup of tea but it means they have to go find somewhere to boil the kettle, probably at a charge point in a car park at a higher tariff cost whilst they have electric at home.

Many are expecting to plug a car in at home, so I would be interested to hear your solution to these millions of motorists that will be unable to.

Yes I agree with you, a good proportion of people will be unable to charge a vehicle from their homes.

I have a driveway.

RIP Wes.

50000 Experience Points1 year registeredSocial
    Overall activity: 58.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Glasgow Guy View Post

You walk round the spanish town i live in, there are cheek to cheek tower blocks in some areas, 20 or 30 floors high. They line old narrow streets that were never intended to be town throughfares.

How are these people going to charge an electric car? Hundreds of extension power cables dangling out of 5th or 10th or 15th floor windows to the cars parked below in the street? Its absurd!! For places liek that you would need to pull down every third tower block and replace sit with a multi storey car park with recharge points in every bay, and remember, i just calculated , 10 charging points needs 1.6Mw substation, whats a multistorey with 500 charging points gonna need, itll need a gigantic 1 GW substation even further underground .

Whats going to happen is people will resist electric cars on price, range and ability to charge. and second hand petrol cars are going to become gold dust. If i had the space I'd buy a couple of 1.1L little town cars and mothball them in barn for 10 years.
    I declare that the entire content and attachments of any and all of my posts are for the purposes of personal entertainment, and that I do not vouch for the veracity of the content. Neither do I care if you doubt my sources. That's your prerogative, but not my concern.

DO NOT POST COVID,VACCINE, or 5G BOLLOX IN MY THREADS. TAKE IT TO THE COVID FORUM. -----------------------------------------------------------
    REMEMBER: Xenophobia Can Save Lives!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to UKSmartypants For This Useful Post:

Common (09-18-2021),Neo (09-18-2021)

Thread Information