User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Two Florida boys, ages 13 and 14, arrested after allegedly plotting Columbine-style

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 18.0%

Thanks
    Here's a transcript from a CNN video interviewing the sheriff that was on this case.

"Joining me now is the sheriff of Lee County, Florida, Carmine Marceno. How far along were the boys in this alleged plot and how were they caught?"
    "This is a horrible story actually and I'll tell you, when you put all the pieces together, which is what we've done here, we prevented a mass shooting, there's no doubt in my mind. Most importantly, the student that comes forward, the teacher that comes forward, you know, people see it, say it, they make the call... We don't ignore red flags. And that's most important here because if not, I could be sitting here talking about a mass shooting. "So again, how far along were they?"
    "Well, the plan had... ah... the plan was in place... They were surfing the black market for guns, they were surfing the internet. They were sensationalized by Columbine - they were inspired - okay... They were all over - the maps of the school, they had maps of exactly where our security cameras were, they knew exactly what they needed to do, and what they wanted to do."
    "And how was it that they were caught ultimately?"
    "So the student comes forward, talks to the teacher, the teacher calls the school resource officer, says listen, I think there's a gun in a backpack here. Immediately, our SRO [school resource officer] goes into action, takes that backpack and looks for that gun - nothing. Now, he could have stopped there, but guess what? But guess what? We don't. We start talking and interviewing multiple students and one witness says, you know, at lunch, both our suspects were talking about shooting up this whole school. So now we pull the other suspect in and now we find a map. And from there we begin our investigation. Now what does that mean to us? It means we leave no stone unturned. Our real time information center goes into action - We then work, we take search warrants on both houses, and inside the houses, we find guns - we find the gun - we find knives, we find ammo, it all unfolds right in front of our eyesOne of the boys mothers said in court yesterday that her son is just a little boy, and that she didn't think the plans were serious. What do you say to that?Well, my... it's very simple. Is he a child? Yes he is. But when a child, I don't care what age, 13, 14, 15, presses the trigger on a gun, the aftermath is the same. And you know what, unfortunately parents have to be parents, okay... When your child is surfing the web, the net, online, and you go in and you got to see what they're searching, right? And now you see that your child's been watching Colombine shooting narratives, you know, 12, 15 times - and they're inspired by it... They're trying to buy guns online, on the black market, trying to recruit other students and people to help them with their mission, okay... Parents need to be parents... And don't ignore red flags..."

A tip from a Florida student led to a chilling discovery, CNN video, September 14, 2021

The sheriff sounded really bumbling in that video. You can read between the lines, and what the sheriff doesn't say is just as revealing as what he does.

This just confirms to me that they didn't really have any strong evidence. Yeah, sure, it's fine if you want to say that what the boys did was suspicious, but I think it was wrong to arrest them.
    Last edited by kazenatsu; 09-15-2021 at 01:33 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kazenatsu For This Useful Post:

Authentic (09-15-2021),donttread (09-15-2021)

Thanks
    Apparently the law enforcement were even misrepresenting the supposed "gun" they found. The parents claim it was a BB gun. https://www.kiro7.com/news/trending/...PLLONYSFJBFHQ/

A search of Tuller’s home turned up a gun and multiple knives, authorities said. Christopher Tuller insisted his son is not dangerous.
    “The rifle they took out of here, it wasn’t a rifle. It was a BB gun,” Christopher Tuller told NewsNationNow.com.
    Last edited by kazenatsu; 09-15-2021 at 01:54 AM.

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    Overall activity: 55.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    But what turned their anger towards school? Rentlessless bullying would be my guess, it's usually a factior in these situations.
    At that age...they are subject to their environment. Bullying...parenting...violence in games 24/7...watching crims skate.

This is why I think The Constitution is a document to be measured up to, not cut to ribbons to suit the vagaries of the times. But...Liberals are shredding it...and letting their own moral turpitude loose on the country. If adults in power...in government...on the Silver Screen...are this amoral...what chance do these kids stand?
    You're only as good as your last performance.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Northern Rivers For This Useful Post:

donttread (09-15-2021)

Senior Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocial1 year registered
    Overall activity: 90.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kazenatsu View Post
    I just want to point out that I see some civil liberties issues with this. I think the type of evidence that was cited has some issues with it, and the evidence is weak.

Very likely they were just kids playing around and talking about doing something like that but who were not serious about doing it.

But school officials and law enforcement are paranoid these days. The kids are probably just innocent and being subjected to this because the authorities are paranoid and fearful. Individual rights are getting thrown out the window.

Well they are definetly entittled to a rigorous defence. So if the evidence is weak they may havbe a life outside of jail
    Last edited by donttread; 09-15-2021 at 06:23 AM.

Senior Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocial1 year registered
    Overall activity: 90.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Authentic View Post
    Having maps is evidence? My school gave us a map of the place. Are these surveillance cameras hidden? If they are in plain sight, how does it become "conspiracy" to note their location?
    I would like to know what and how many weapons were amassed for one thing.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    Well they are definetly entittled to a rigorous defence. So if the evidence is weak they may have a life outside of jail
    No... I don't think you are listening.

I mean the evidence is so weak, if I was the Supreme dictator of the land, the judge would face disciplinary action for ordering the arrest.

Look at the actual evidence:

A teacher told law enforcement she worried there was a gun in one of the boy's backpack, but no gun was found
    Police found a map of the school with the locations of security cameras marked out in the other boy's backpack
    After huge numbers of law enforcement descended on the school and interviewed everyone, one witness claimed the two boys had talked about a school shooting at lunch time, but this was some time ago.
    The police somehow managed to get a warrant and searched the boy's homes. They found knives (not unnormal for boys to have), then misrepresented other things they had found to the judge, saying they found a gun when it was actually just a BB gun rifle.
    They searched the computers and found the boys had entered several searches about the Columbine shooting in the past, and had also entered a search about how to buy a gun on the black market.

You still think the boys should be arrested? Seems to me everything here is within the realm of normalcy. Sure, you can view that with "suspicion" if you want, but the boys did not do anything that was not within their rights. Everything here is pretty common for boys that age to do.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to kazenatsu For This Useful Post:

Rutabaga (09-15-2021)

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Overall activity: 65.0%

Oaxaca, Mexico, for over twenty years. Born and raised in Memphis, TN, and worked in Colorado.
    Thanks
    The article was amazing in its lack of specifics. The school resource officer reported that he was told one boy had a gun. When they looked, he didn't. Is there any evidence he ever did? And they "amassed guns". But no one says how many guns, what kind of guns, and how two boys under the age of 15 got the guns.

Nothing turns kids bad faster than the "system". When I submitted a letter requesting a reassignment from Juvenile Division to Patrol, I said that after seven years dealing with juveniles I'd decided the system caused more harm than good.

I also think a home with a mother and father is the best, providing the mother and father aren't drunks, junkies, or career criminals. I arrested three 13-year-old boys for stealing a money bag from a small neighborhood grocery. One boy lived with his mother and his eight siblings. Mom was a widow...three times. She was on welfare for a total of less than 18 months. She worked her ass off and as the kids grew they all worked. As I talked to the boy his mother interrupted and said, "Vincent, you're lying to this man. You know what will happen if you keep lying to this man."

"What will happen if I tell the truth?"
    "Same thing but not as long and not as hard." All nine of her children did well. One is now the head of the public defenders office in the Judicial District. Another was the head of community corrections and other went bad and is an attorney in private practice. At least one daughter is a school teach but all the kids did well.

I pointed out to her that if she was raising kids now she'd go to jail for abuse. That, dear hearts, is a big part of the problem. A single-mother on welfare who is a drunk and/or a junkie and brings "temporary" dads into the home on a regular basis is worthless. I had a woman and her ten year old sun chasing each other in the street in front of a bar with the boy screaming, "You're a fucking whore," and the mother screaming, "You're a rotten little bastard." They were both spot on.
    Last edited by patrickt; 09-15-2021 at 05:54 PM.

Alumni Member Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 99.0%

Thanks
    white boys bullied by negros...expect this to happen...
    "The nose, knows"

"Negros were like animals and they turned the streets into jungles”
    joe biden.

Covid=$
    "The Emperor Wears No Clothes"

Thread Information