User Tag List

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 130

Thread: Why are non-Catholics US Christians against abortion?

  1. #11
    Shut up Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassOverdrive1 year registered
    Awards:
    King of Publishing
    Overall activity: 99.7%

    Authentic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    14,349
    Thanks
    6,644
    Thanked: 11,934
    Rep Power
    19267220
    Unborn babies are just like owls. Chicks turn into big birds.
    Last edited by Authentic; 09-12-2021 at 07:39 AM.
    I'd rather walk alone.

    Let em' come...we are Millwall!

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Authentic For This Useful Post:

    BooBoo (09-12-2021)

  3. #12
    Senior Member Forum Donor Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger Second Class1 year registered
    Overall activity: 82.0%

    Call_me_Ishmael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9,195
    Thanks
    1,880
    Thanked: 9,941
    Rep Power
    20519122
    I do not favor an increase in the black population. But I cannot condone the barbaric and demonic method of decreasing their number. I'd say that even if I were an atheist .

    There is a biblical element to my position on this as well. The scriptures tell us that God knows us even in the womb. In this way, I view the unborn as children deserving of the inalienable right to life.

    And I don't need to get legalistic about rape, incest, 1st, 2nd, 3rd trimester yada yada yada. Like all things, I will make imperfect judgements according to my best but imperfect discernment of the spirit inside of me.
    Last edited by Call_me_Ishmael; 09-12-2021 at 07:56 AM.


    Stop the vaccine mandates. Use facts about constitutional freedoms. The 1905 SCOTUS ruling is obsolete. New technologies can provide for public safety AND protect the constitutional freedoms of those who refuse the vax. Use of easily disproven fearmongering antivax porn will kill our chances to stop the mandates.


  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Call_me_Ishmael For This Useful Post:

    BooBoo (09-12-2021),JMWinPR (09-14-2021)

  5. #13
    Senior Member V.I.P Achievements:
    Created Blog entry50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteranSocial
    Overall activity: 25.0%

    S-N-A-F-U's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    South West
    Posts
    6,939
    Thanks
    3,013
    Thanked: 12,014
    Rep Power
    21474848
    Actually, it's quite simple...


    "And for your lifeblood I will surely demand an accounting. I will demand an accounting from every animal. And from each human being, too, I will demand an accounting for the life of another human being. “Whoever sheds human blood, by humans shall their blood be shed; for in the image of God has God made mankind." ~ Genesis 9:5-6

    "Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward." ~ Psalm 127:3





    Last edited by S-N-A-F-U; 09-12-2021 at 08:02 AM.

  6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to S-N-A-F-U For This Useful Post:

    Authentic (09-12-2021),BooBoo (09-12-2021),Chester Arthur (09-12-2021),Swedgin (09-14-2021)

  7. #14
    Senior Member V.I.P Achievements:
    Created Blog entry50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteranSocial
    Overall activity: 25.0%

    S-N-A-F-U's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    South West
    Posts
    6,939
    Thanks
    3,013
    Thanked: 12,014
    Rep Power
    21474848
    FYI, "Thou shall not kill" is an error in translation. It should read:



    "You shall not murder." Ex. 20:13 Aramaic Bible in Plain English
    Last edited by S-N-A-F-U; 09-12-2021 at 08:45 AM.

  8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to S-N-A-F-U For This Useful Post:

    BooBoo (09-12-2021),JMWinPR (09-14-2021),Swedgin (09-14-2021)

  9. #15
    Senior Member V.I.P Achievements:
    Your first GroupSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 6.0%

    Dos Equis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    8,512
    Thanks
    1,721
    Thanked: 6,508
    Rep Power
    21474853
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOneOnly2 View Post
    I was just thinking about how over 70% of us Australian Catholics are pro-abortion and it made me wonder why American non-Catholics are so anti-abortion since the Bible doesnt say anything about abortion being a bad thing. I know that most American non-Catholics dont like Catholics or the Catholic Church so you cant be anti-abortion because of what our Pope says - so why are Evangelicals against abortion? I cant work it out and I was hoping that one of you could explain it to me.

    The Bible does say thou shalt not kill and I used to wonder why American non-Catholic Christians support the death penalty for the most part but then are against abortion. I looked into it and the best argument I could find was that thou shalt not kill does not apply to the state so the death penalty is all good. But that argument would work for abortion too unless the abortion was illegal because its the state that makes the laws that make abortion legal right? I mean the guys that flips the switch for the electric chair are just like a doctor that performs an abortion right? The state gives them the right to kill.

    The weirdest thing for me about non-Catholic Christians being against abortion is the fact that not only does the Bible say nothing against abortion but there is a forced abortion of sorts performed in the Bible.

    After the priest has had the woman stand before the Lord, he shall loosen her hair and place in her hands the reminder-offering, the grain offering for jealousy, while he himself holds the bitter water that brings a curse.19 Then the priest shall put the woman under oath and say to her, “If no other man has had sexual relations with you and you have not gone astray and become impure while married to your husband, may this bitter water that brings a curse not harm you.20 But if you have gone astray while married to your husband and you have made yourself impure by having sexual relations with a man other than your husband”—21 here the priest is to put the woman under this curse—“may the Lord cause you to become a curse[b] among your people when he makes your womb miscarry and your abdomen swell.22 May this water that brings a curse enter your body so that your abdomen swells or your womb miscarries.”
    Numbers 5:11-31 NIV - The Test for an Unfaithful Wife - Then - Bible Gateway

    Holy %$%$ right? The Bible says that a just punishment for adultery is for the adulteress' unborn baby to be murdered in her belly.

    The Catholic Church uses its catechisms to justify their anti-abortion stance - nothing from the Bible. And I know how much you non-Catholic American Christians hate the Catholic Church and do not consider it to be the authority on Christianity. You non-Catholic Christians only go by what the Bible says so if the Bible says nothing about abortion being wrong - and in fact says that it is right to kill an unborn baby to punish an unfaithful wife - then why are you against abortion? You guys are strictly by the book right? So if a woman gets pregnant to another man then you guys should support a Priest putting a curse on that woman and murdering her unborn baby. And if you support killing unborn babies then you can support abortion right?

    Is it just a coincidence that so many 'Evangelicals' are anti-abortion and your stance has nothing to do with your interpretation of the Bible? I mean outside of USA its only Catholic majority nations that have any significant opposition to abortion right? In Australia the majority of Christians are Catholic but like I said - over 70% of us Australian Catholics support abortion - we dont even care what the Pope of the Catholic Church says - and 81% of Australians overall are pro-abortion. Abortion isnt a political issue in Australia whatsoever. Apparently 90% of British people are pro-abortion. its only nations that have a lot of fanatical Catholics that have any significant opposition to abortion right? And places like Mexico and Ireland are even moving away from their traditional opposition to abortion. Yet abortion is still so very important to American conservatives and this seems to be directly linked to Christianity even though there is nothing in the Bible that says abortion isnt ok. If anything you non-Catholic Americans are only becoming more fanatical in your anti-abortionism as can be seen with whats happened in Texas recently and the popular support that law change enjoys among you American 'Evangelicals'. Whats up with that? The rest of the world is looking at America and thinking to themselves - WTF?

    So did I miss something? Why do Evangelicals seem to be inline with the Catholic Church on abortion when you do not follow the catechisms of the Catholic Church and only go by your own individual interpretation of the Bible? Did you guys find something in the Bible that says that abortion isnt ok that the rest of us missed? Or is it just a coincidence that the vast majority of anti-abortion Americans are 'Evangelicals'? That support the death penalty.



    edit - Are you American 'Evangelicals' saying that the Catholic Church is right on abortion and the Bible is wrong?

    That it is not cool for a Priest to murder the unborn baby of an adulteress? Like the Bible says it is.
    I don't hate the Catholic church. What I do hate is a Left winged Pope that ignores the official Catholic church position on abortion, that it is murder, and instead preaches about the evils of building walls, a clear shot at Trump.

    Interesting, Nehemiah built walls to protect the city of Jerusalem.

    And just so you know, king David had a baby born alive, but God told him it would die as a judgement against him for adultery and murdering the husband of the woman he took for himself. This was a living baby outside the womb, so is God telling us it is OK to kill living babies? Of course not.

    Now as to the morality of casting this judgement, take that up with God instead of showing your vast ignorance of the Bible.

    It is odd that Catholics think non-Catholics hate them, but really Catholics hate their own church for their position on abortion. Very odd.

    Well, suffice it to say that I don't believe in the Birth Fiery. Do you know who the Birth Fiery is? She is the Fiery that comes down to wave her magic wand over the glob of non-living tissue as it passes out of the womb to make it a living human being.




    Oh, and has the Australian government allowed you out of your house yet?

    LOL
    1 Samuel 8:18 "And they shall cry out in that day because of your king which you have chosen, and the Lord will not hear you in that day."

  10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dos Equis For This Useful Post:

    BooBoo (09-12-2021),JMWinPR (09-14-2021),Swedgin (09-14-2021)

  11. #16
    Senior Member V.I.P Achievements:
    Your first GroupSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 6.0%

    Dos Equis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    8,512
    Thanks
    1,721
    Thanked: 6,508
    Rep Power
    21474853
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOneOnly2 View Post
    Well isnt capital punishment murder? Yet most US Christians support the death penalty. But not abortion. It makes no sense. And you can see above that the Bible does say that murdering an unborn baby as punishment for a wife being unfaithful is the way to go. So the Bible is pro murder of unborn babies.

    And I dont think most people support abortion because an unwanted baby is inconvenient - they support abortion because an unwanted or unplanned baby is not going to have a nice childhood and probably not a nice life. My childhood was pretty nice but at the same time I do wish that I had never been born because I do not like the fact that I had to grow up working class in a capitalist society. Its not fair on a child to bring them into the world if they cannot have the best of everything in my opinion - its selfish and psychopathic. So is it any wonder that a lot of people think that its best for an unwanted or unplanned baby to be aborted rather than to bring them into this hell hole that is earth. Giving life is no gift - its a curse - especially when the life you are giving is unwanted or unplanned for. A kid should not have to grow up in foster care and whatnot just because of some fanatics and their politics. Especially when those same fanatics are against welfare for poor people. You guys are happy for these kids to have horrid childhoods. I mean %$%$ - I saw a youtube ad asking for charity for starving children in Yemen the other night and these kids looked like skeletons. Babies that looked like skeletons. They should have been aborted right? This world is %$%$ed. Why curse a life by bringing them into it? Especially if the parents dont want them or are unable to care for them?

    But yeah - you conservatives are anti-welfare. You dont care about these children. You hate them. You arent spending your tax dollars on them right?

    edit - Oh yeah - I also dont understand why you guys think abortion is ok to save the life of a mother. Why is the mother more important than the baby? Or you mean only when both will die?

    The Bible has capital punishment in it. Those that murdered were put to death.

    Why? Is an eye for an eye unjust? Is that your opinion?

    Conservatives abhor abortion because it is the taking of innocent life, as where putting to death a murderer is not only just, it prevents them from murdering again and again and again. So it is just for two reasons.

    Really I think you either need to find a new religion, or write your own Bible.

    Then again, Leftism has become the most successful religion of our time, so it looks like all you did was latch onto it. Just know they disdain the God of the Bible, and you are well on your way with them

    Just know that you are being taught to value the life of animals more than humans



    Enjoy
    Last edited by Dos Equis; 09-12-2021 at 08:59 AM.
    1 Samuel 8:18 "And they shall cry out in that day because of your king which you have chosen, and the Lord will not hear you in that day."

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dos Equis For This Useful Post:

    BooBoo (09-12-2021),Swedgin (09-14-2021)

  13. #17
    Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 85.0%

    TheOneOnly2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    1,958
    Thanks
    1,087
    Thanked: 1,065
    Rep Power
    1514962
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Rivers View Post
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties. And not to Democrats alone do I make this appeal, but to all who love these great and true principles."

    --August 27, 1856 Speech at Kalamazoo, Michigan
    The US Constitution is a living document. Things change - like slavery is not cool these days even though slavery is constitutional right? Ha. Slavery. You want to bring back slavery because of the US constitution? The Bible supports slavery too hey so Evengelicals must support slavery right?

    Things change.

  14. #18
    Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 85.0%

    TheOneOnly2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    1,958
    Thanks
    1,087
    Thanked: 1,065
    Rep Power
    1514962
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Rivers View Post
    You wanted to know what all the fuss 'n bother was all about Up Ova as compared to Down Unda...for you and me, at least. That's the genesis of it.
    Did you just insult Australia?

  15. #19
    Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 85.0%

    TheOneOnly2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    1,958
    Thanks
    1,087
    Thanked: 1,065
    Rep Power
    1514962
    Quote Originally Posted by Call_me_Ishmael View Post
    I do not favor an increase in the black population. But I cannot condone the barbaric and demonic method of decreasing their number. I'd say that even if I were an atheist .

    There is a biblical element to my position on this as well. The scriptures tell us that God knows us even in the womb. In this way, I view the unborn as children deserving of the inalienable right to life.

    And I don't need to get legalistic about rape, incest, 1st, 2nd, 3rd trimester yada yada yada. Like all things, I will make imperfect judgements according to my best but imperfect discernment of the spirit inside of me.
    The Bible does not say that God knew us on the womb - it says he knew us before he formed us in the womb. And of course - he knows everything right? He knew you when you were semen. Before you were even thought of. But the Bible says that someone isnt alive until it has taken its first breath. Also it includes an abortion ritual where it says an infaithful wife should be punished by murdering her unborn baby in her belly. So no - the Bible does not justify your stance at all.

    And what you say about black people is racist. And ridiculous. Nobody is forcing black people to get abortions. It is smart to have an abortion if you are in poverty because you are not going to be able to care for the kid properly if you dont have enough money. I bet you think there are too many single black mothers too right? But you want more? And for their children to grow up in poverty?

  16. #20
    Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 85.0%

    TheOneOnly2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    1,958
    Thanks
    1,087
    Thanked: 1,065
    Rep Power
    1514962
    Quote Originally Posted by S-N-A-F-U View Post
    Actually, it's quite simple...


    "And for your lifeblood I will surely demand an accounting. I will demand an accounting from every animal. And from each human being, too, I will demand an accounting for the life of another human being. “Whoever sheds human blood, by humans shall their blood be shed; for in the image of God has God made mankind." ~ Genesis 9:5-6

    "Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward." ~ Psalm 127:3





    Pfft. You would probably shoot someone dead for looking in your window.

    None of what you posted supports the idea that the Bible is pro-abortion. It contains an abortion ritual and says that someone isnt alove until fully formed and it has taken its first breath.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •