User Tag List

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: WHY does GOD continue to allow this evil??

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 13.0%

Thanks
    Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast.

• John 3:16 (KJV) For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to WVYankee For This Useful Post:

Freewill (09-11-2021)

Senior Member V.I.P Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 66.0%

Thanks
    Two books I would have you read for your edification.

1. Letters From a Skeptic: Letters exchanged between a son, pastor, and his dad, an agnostic. Provides some answers to questions like you asked.

2. Mere Christianity: C.S. Lewis' greatest book, in my opinion.

To somewhat answer you question, you seem to take the untenable position that God is responsible for the evil in the world. Certainly that is true if you consider that darkness doesn't really exist without light. People can choose, as you have, to walk to the light or walk to the darkness, there is really no other choice. God could take control but that would negate freewill, the freedom for YOU to choose YOUR path. With that freedom YOU decide to do good in the world, or evil.

If God intervened into our lives preventing us from doing evil would we be free or just robots? Would our love then be love or us just following orders? So true freedom, or freewill, means that for the most part, God is hands off. It is for we to decide who our house will serve.
    Last edited by Freewill; 09-11-2021 at 09:35 PM.
    Parnellforsenate.com Let's Go Brandon

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Freewill For This Useful Post:

WVYankee (09-12-2021)

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger First ClassCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 69.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Independent View Post
    @Jen - Can I ask what is the difference between organized religion and what you say you believe individually?
    I'm not @Jen but to me it's believing in what a priest or minster says what is what God wants. An example is Catholicism where a devote Catholic follows the orders of the Pope without question. Another example is Christians who follow the secular religion and the technocratic "Gods" of government rather than the Will of the Christian God and Jesus.

Whereas, individual Christians are more mystical in that they follow God and Jesus by what's in their hearts and that the Holy Spirit is within them. Another way to look at this is placing your faith in God and Jesus instead of placing your faith in global secularism and the technocratic "gods" of government as many Christians of organized Christian religions tend to do.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Quark For This Useful Post:

Jen (09-11-2021),WVYankee (09-12-2021)

Proud Boomer Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 34.0%

Thanks
    I am a Catholic Christian, and I do not follow the orders of the pope. Especially not the current 'pope'.
    Unwavering loyalty for my President, Donald J Trump

~Shower the people you love with love~

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Brat For This Useful Post:

Quark (09-11-2021)

Alumni Member Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassRecommendation First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 25.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 12icer View Post
    GOD gave all of mankind Free Will, It is not the actions of GOD that are causing this, it is in fact the exact opposite.
    It is the vanity and pride of man.
    Some people are content to be as they are and be humble in their life and do not worship the whims of the world.
    Some people live in fear of the world and are never able to enjoy their lives.
    Some people are vain and egotistical and think they are above and superior to all others and they are destined to rule as if they were GOD himself and force all of mankind to bow to their will.

GOD is an unchanging, constant force that watches the actions of men and makes a judgement about their worthiness to come to HIS HOME to live forever.
    HE does as HE says HE will without fail. Something most men these days have no intention of doing.
    What we have is men doing as they wish and having no rules, no tenets and no responsibility.
    GOD does not help those who do not follow HIS instructions, HE allows man to use his Free Will to destroy himself every day.
    It's not just the vanity, pride, power lust, greed that we are up against. Evil is fighting for its very life.

Interpretations of Revelation, Matthew, and Thessalonians give us different versions of how things are going to play out. We have no way of knowing which is correct or if any of the interpretations are correct. But one thing we can easily see is that the events of the book of the Revelation..........or, the disclosure of the end..... aka apocalypse... are unfolding right now before our eyes.

Is it just an unfolding? One of many?

Or is it "the" unfolding? The One?

We don't know.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jen For This Useful Post:

Brat (09-12-2021)

Shut up Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassOverdrive1 year registered
    Awards:
    King of Publishing
    Overall activity: 99.7%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Brat View Post
    I am a Catholic Christian
    I have a relative who would call that an oxymoron.
    I'd rather walk alone.

Let em' come...we are Millwall!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Authentic For This Useful Post:

Freewill (09-12-2021),Quark (09-11-2021)

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 85.0%

Thanks
    I am a Catholic Christian, and I do not follow the orders of the pope. Especially not the current 'pope'.
    Here in Australia the majority of Catholics support abortion and we dont give a %$%$ what the Pope or the Catholic Church says about it.

Australia[edit]

According to one survey, 72% of Australian Catholics say that the decision to have an abortion "should be left to individual women and their doctors.
    Catholic Church and abortion - Wikipedia

For most sane Catholics being Catholic is basically a lot like being a member of a club. We dont really care what the Catholic Church Establishment says. I suspect that most of us dont even really believe in God or take the bible seriously.

edit - Ha. We are pro-abortion.
    Last edited by TheOneOnly2; 09-11-2021 at 11:31 PM.

V.I.P
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassRecommendation First ClassVeteran

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Independent View Post
    @Jen - Can I ask what is the difference between organized religion and what you say you believe individually?
    Organized religion is a person or group of people telling us what to believe .......and if we adhere to that......we go along with whatever rules they set forth. They aren't necessarily bad rules, but they are man-made.

My belief comes straight from the Bible which I consider the inerrant Word of God. I pray to understand what I am supposed to believe and do in my life. My whole life is based on it and I have made some human mistakes, but my goal is to follow the teachings of the Bible. I get my direction from Jesus. ... not some human.

And there is a difference. The Bible has no errors. Human religions down through history have erred many times.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jen For This Useful Post:

Quark (09-11-2021),WVYankee (09-12-2021)

V.I.P
    Achievements:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Authentic View Post
    I have a relative who would call that an oxymoron.
    I know many Catholic Christians. Many. I have never belonged to the Catholic church, but I recognize a Christian when I see one.
    Last edited by Jen; 09-11-2021 at 11:31 PM.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jen For This Useful Post:

Authentic (09-11-2021),Brat (09-12-2021),Quark (09-11-2021),WVYankee (09-12-2021)

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger First ClassCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 69.0%

Thanks
    Ya I was just giving an example of devote Catholics like my Mother who would never have thought going against any Pope not matter who he was.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Quark For This Useful Post:

Brat (09-12-2021)

Thread Information