User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Evidence for the Creator: Eternity Within

Cosmic Watcher Achievements:
    SocialTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranOverdrive
    Overall activity: 25.0%

Thanks

Evidence for the Creator: Eternity Within

God has set Eternity in our heart, and man's infinite capacity cannot be filled or satisfied with the things of time and sense. ~F.B. Meyer

There comes a time in a person's life, when the concepts of eternity and a sense of mystery grip the heart and mind. Some have called this the age of accountability, which seems to be a bridge between childhood and maturity. The awareness of infinite space, time, and our mortality grip us, and it is usually very unsettling. Most people avoid these thoughts with busy work, amusements, or mind altering substances. Noise and commotion fill our ears and eyes, to evade the uncomfortable feeling of eternal existence.

Humans are amphibians - half spirit and half animal. As spirits they belong to the eternal world, but as animals they inhabit time. ~C.S. Lewis

Why would we have this sense, if we were random accidents in a godless universe? The obsession man has with eternity, conscience, and a spiritual reality make no sense, if we are merely products of a godless universe.. accidents of nature with no meaning or purpose. Why do we sense a greater reality, and a sense of purpose? It does not aid our survival.. if anything, it is a hindrance to it.

God has put within our lives meanings and possibilities that quite outrun the limits of mortality. ~Harry Emerson Fosdick

You were placed here to train for eternity. Your body was only intended to be a house for your immortal spirit. It is flying in the face of God's purposes to do as many do - to make the soul a servant to the body, and not the body a servant to the soul. ~J. C. Ryle

The inner awareness of eternity is evidence that a Higher Power has infused us with this sense.

Go outside. Leave the cubicles and trappings of human endeavor. There are no walls. The sky extends forever. Turn off the noise snd commotion of meaningless human distractions, that only amuse you temporarily, and have no value for your eternal soul. Look at the stars at night. You are a speck of dust in a massive universe. Yet.. you can feel a higher call.. you know you were meant for something besides this physical world.

Now, close your eyes. Reach beyond the mundane thoughts that clutter your mind. Look as far as you can. This is also a vast space, going on for infinity. There are no walls, and no limits for your mind's eye, as it scans the reaches of infinite inner space. This inner space is as infinite and eternal as the outer one. Both becon us to our Source. Both the physicsl world, and the infinite internal realm remind us of the Creator. We did not create ourselves, and we are not meaningless accidents in a random universe.

If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world
    . ~C.S. Lewis

This material world has little to offer us, except subsistence. Basic needs met, we feel the becon of eternity. This life is not all there is, and we know it in the deep recesses of our soul. Constant propaganda, sin, mind numbing substances, and the noise of man, can sear our souls, and harden our spiritual sense.

But as we embrace the eternity in our hearts, and respond to this call from our Source, the world continues to be mad, but we begin to understand our part. And if you fully embrace all that the Creator has prepared for us, a fulfillment beyond words brings a Divine Peace, where before there was only darkness and confusion.

He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end. ~Solomon, c.1000 BC
    Last edited by usfan; 09-04-2021 at 08:32 AM.
    "When these things begin to take place, stand up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near." ~Jesus

No Creator? No America.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to usfan For This Useful Post:

Canadianeye (09-09-2021),Chester Arthur (09-04-2021),Northern Rivers (09-10-2021)

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 19.0%

Thanks
    "Two possibilities exist - either we are alone in the universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying. (Arthur C. Clarke)

"I do not object to the concept of a deity but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance" (Amy Farrah Fowler)

"Tolerance is the last virtue of a dying society." ​(Anon.)

SocialTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranOverdrive

Thanks
    I am keenly aware of my own mortality, and the frailty of my physical self. Inside, however, there is another awareness that transcends time and space.

Eternity and infinite space are unsettling, even abstract concepts. Whenever we go beyond our mortal selves.. IF and when the cosmos opens up before us, and we unflinchingly (or maybe flinchingly!) stare into the abyss of infinite darkness, the realization that we are not alone, and we are not merely physical beings dawns on us. That experience is evidence for the Creator, Who has placed eternity in our hearts.

I could hope for annihilation. Eternity future going on forever like eternity past, before my consciousness arrived. But my own perceptions belie that fantasy. I see inside that i am an eternal soul, made for another dimension.. another Reality.

It is massive stupidity, fomented by massive state sponsored deception, that causes us to doubt or disbelieve our own inner awareness, and believe the lie of atheistic naturalism. We are NOT accidents of nature, but Sons of God, created for an eternal destiny. All the evidence in the universe screams, 'CREATOR!', and we are fools to ignore the obvious.
    "When these things begin to take place, stand up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near." ~Jesus

No Creator? No America.

Thanks
    The most obvious and direct explanation of the OP's "awareness of eternity and higher power" is simply the human level of intelligence and imagination. Why aren't animals "aware" of these possibilities? Because they don't have enough intelligence to WONDER about such things. Your pet cat doesn't know or even suspect there is a world OUTSIDE your house unless you let him out or he see's it through the window. Then he doesn't know or suspect there is a much LARGER world than your immediate yard or neighborhood because he doesn't have the amount of intelligence necessary to IMAGINE it. He doesn't wonder about why he exists or how things came to be for the same reason - he just deals with his immediate surroundings and how to relate to that.

Pets can be CURIOUS, but that curiousity is confined to food and play and like or dislike of certain people or other animals. They lack our degree of intelligence and it is our degree of intelligence that leads us to WONDER about bigger and more comprehensive questions. Occam's Razor would suggest the simplest explanation for why we entertain such questions about a Creator or an afterlife is that sense of wonder which is really not a "sense" so much as the result of greater intelligence which facilitates IMAGINATION.

When it comes to IDENTIFYING that Creator or specifications of an afterlife, the results are as VARIED as the number of human religions. People either believe in one of numerous religious explanations or a great many people DON'T believe at all. What does logic dictate is the SIMPLEST explanation for that? We don't KNOW, or can't PROVE what the truth is concernining these things so we CHOOSE what to believe or ignore the whole question.

In any case, the fact that we may WONDER about the possibilities of something we can't prove is NOT evidence that "something" EXISTS. It doesn't mean it CAN'T exist either, but the burden of proof lies on the AFFIRMATIVE opinion that there is a God and an afterlife, because our imagination can easily also lead to entertaining a great many things that most certainly are NOT real. Just consider, for example, some of the things we DREAM about.
    Last edited by SharetheHedge; 09-06-2021 at 09:04 AM.
    "Two possibilities exist - either we are alone in the universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying. (Arthur C. Clarke)

"I do not object to the concept of a deity but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance" (Amy Farrah Fowler)

Thanks
    None of my arguments here are specific to any ..perception.. of The Creator. This Being has been able, it seems, to create the universe ex nihilo (out of nothing). This is not some being that discovered how to manipulate matter, worked with an existing system, and did a few parlor tricks, but One who authored the system, and created the universe from scratch.

We know this because this ordered universe is impossible, given the natural laws as they exist. And creating life, from scratch, is no mean feat, either. Man has tried for millennia and can't do it, even though we can split the atom and have advanced technologically beyond our wildest dreams.

The Creator IS.. this is perhaps the most obvious fact of this universe, even though we cannot perceive Him with our physical senses. But inside, we carry an ..inkling.. a shadowy feeling that we cannot shake, and that is too universal in humanity to be a deception or self induced imagination. It is eternity, that God has placed into our hearts.

The more likely scenario is that the deception that exists in this world is there to divide us from our Maker. And it does. Some cannot even acknowledge this most basic Truth in the universe: the simple existence of the Creator. Others make up fantastic imaginary scenarios, to 'explain' our origins, yet omit the most glaringly obvious truth, that the massive majority of humans have known for millennia: The Creator IS.

No Creator? No America.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SharetheHedge View Post
    The most obvious and direct explanation of the OP's "awareness of eternity and higher power" is simply the human level of intelligence and imagination. Why aren't animals "aware" of these possibilities? Because they don't have enough intelligence to WONDER about such things. Your pet cat doesn't know or even suspect there is a world OUTSIDE your house unless you let him out or he see's it through the window. Then he doesn't know or suspect there is a much LARGER world than your immediate yard or neighborhood because he doesn't have the amount of intelligence necessary to IMAGINE it. He doesn't wonder about why he exists or how things came to be for the same reason - he just deals with his immediate surroundings and how to relate to that.

Pets can be CURIOUS, but that curiousity is confined to food and play and like or dislike of certain people or other animals. They lack our degree of intelligence and it is our degree of intelligence that leads us to WONDER about bigger and more comprehensive questions. Occam's Razor would suggest the simplest explanation for why we entertain such questions about a Creator or an afterlife is that sense of wonder which is really not a "sense" so much as the result of greater intelligence which facilitates IMAGINATION.

When it comes to IDENTIFYING that Creator or specifications of an afterlife, the results are as VARIED as the number of human religions. People either believe in one of numerous religious explanations or a great many people DON'T believe at all. What does logic dictate is the SIMPLEST explanation for that? We don't KNOW, or can't PROVE what the truth is concernining these things so we CHOOSE what to believe or ignore the whole question.

In any case, the fact that we may WONDER about the possibilities of something we can't prove is NOT evidence that "something" EXISTS. It doesn't mean it CAN'T exist either, but the burden of proof lies on the AFFIRMATIVE opinion that there is a God and an afterlife, because our imagination can easily also lead to entertaining a great many things that most certainly are NOT real. Just consider, for example, some of the things we DREAM about.
    Imagining something that is not there is not intelligence. It is stupidity.

The intelligence of man, for millennia, has ..caused.. him to acknowledge the Creator. That has been the default and majority belief for millennia. Only a tiny group of outliers have convinced themselves, and gained power to try to indoctrinate this belief through the power of the State, that there is no Creator but that life, the universe and species are random accidents from a godless universe of chaos.

The stupidity of man HAS caused him to imagine absurd, superstitious fantasies. Atheistic naturalism is one such fantasy.

No Creator? No America.

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 18.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SharetheHedge View Post

No, I completely diagree about your comments about animals.

I have been around animals all my life, we were a rehab facility for a horse rescue for a long time, and we are still a rehab center for rescued dogs. Plus we have a wide assortment of other animals.

Dogs and horses definitely have a sense of time, and existence out of sight. Its common for horses to pair up as "pasture buddies". When one of the pair leaves for a trail ride or show, the buddy left behind misses him. If its a multi day event, as the days go by the buddy gets moody and then depressed. Sometimes other horses seem to recognize the roblem and try to sort of console the sad horse. When his pal returns the buddy is happy, they both are happy to see each other.

Dogs are the same but seem to be more impacted by the abscence of a buddy or person. Probably becuase dogs have been bred for ages to be live in companions for people. I've seens dogs grieve over a dead pals body. Once a dog was never the same again after its buddy was hit by a car.

The usual explanation is that its habit or instinct. Not a chance. If you live with animals 24/7 for over 60 years, you see them as they really are. Horses are subtle, it takes years watching a herd to learn how they behave and to recognize their cues. Horses and dogs have emotions, a sense of time, and an understanding that there is something out there beyond their sight.

Alumni Member Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassRecommendation First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 31.0%

Thanks
    I have always had the sense that there is more to me than this physical body. I have read that we are near a gateway in time where, if enough of us realize that there is more, we will pass through that gateway and see more. These gateways have supposedly come and gone in the past and humanity has just walked on by without seeing them. Maybe we will see the gate this time. Or maybe the only gateway is death which we will all see at some point in time.

So much we don't understand.

I agree that the human heart wouldn't feel that sense of eternity if it wasn't there for us to discover .... within ourselves.... not out there somewhere.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jen For This Useful Post:

Authentic (09-09-2021),usfan (09-06-2021)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by usfan View Post
    Imagining something that is not there is not intelligence. It is stupidity.

The intelligence of man, for millennia, has ..caused.. him to acknowledge the Creator. That has been the default and majority belief for millennia. Only a tiny group of outliers have convinced themselves, and gained power to try to indoctrinate this belief through the power of the State, that there is no Creator but that life, the universe and species are random accidents from a godless universe of chaos.

The stupidity of man HAS caused him to imagine absurd, superstitious fantasies. Atheistic naturalism is one such fantasy.

Why don't you include all the different and ERRONEOUS concepts of a God or gods which man has imagined in your "stupidity" list, along with atheism? These concepts of various types of deities were born of the SAME IMAGINATION that man's greater intelligence affords him. I'm not saying that any of these choices are "stupid" - they are just to be expected given man's propensity for wondering - "WHAT IF"?

"WHAT IF" there is a God, "what if" there is more than one God, "what if" there is NO God? ALL speculations, all the result of human imagination, no matter which one may be ultimately true. What you are labelling "intelligent awareness" and "stupidity" BOTH emerge from the same faculty - IMAGINATION.
    Last edited by SharetheHedge; 09-09-2021 at 07:16 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilson2 View Post
    No, I completely diagree about your comments about animals.

I have been around animals all my life, we were a rehab facility for a horse rescue for a long time, and we are still a rehab center for rescued dogs. Plus we have a wide assortment of other animals.

Dogs and horses definitely have a sense of time, and existence out of sight. Its common for horses to pair up as "pasture buddies". When one of the pair leaves for a trail ride or show, the buddy left behind misses him. If its a multi day event, as the days go by the buddy gets moody and then depressed. Sometimes other horses seem to recognize the roblem and try to sort of console the sad horse. When his pal returns the buddy is happy, they both are happy to see each other.

Dogs are the same but seem to be more impacted by the abscence of a buddy or person. Probably becuase dogs have been bred for ages to be live in companions for people. I've seens dogs grieve over a dead pals body. Once a dog was never the same again after its buddy was hit by a car.

The usual explanation is that its habit or instinct. Not a chance. If you live with animals 24/7 for over 60 years, you see them as they really are. Horses are subtle, it takes years watching a herd to learn how they behave and to recognize their cues. Horses and dogs have emotions, a sense of time, and an understanding that there is something out there beyond their sight.
    Unless I didn't didn't explain my point well enough (quite possible) I think you may NOT really disagree with what I am trying to say?

What I mean is I believe it is a safe assumption that animals DON'T lay around ruminating about whether there is a God, or what is the meaning of life or will there be MORE "Kibbles N' Bits" for them at that "Big Kennel In The Sky"?

They don't have that level of imagination, and the reason is their PHYSICAL BRAIN does not have the level of intelligence our's does AND intelligence is what makes imagination possible.
    Last edited by SharetheHedge; 09-09-2021 at 07:37 AM.

Thread Information