User Tag List

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Haylow!

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registeredRecommendation Second ClassTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 10.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinnity View Post
    I've seen this over and over on so many forums. The shitty modding on politicalforum.com was one of the reasons I accepted the offer to found and admin this forum. Mods are human and make mistakes. I have. I usually apologize publicly or privately and try to fix the mistake. What else can a reasonable person do?

IMHO if you're a mod and people think you're an asshole, you probably are. The notion of mod power is so juvenile it indicates personality disorders of various types. They're power seekers and their wider impact on Society leads to the kind of macro problems you see in the world today.

I don't know these mods you speak of but they sound typical.

Trinnity writes this gem:

if you're a mod and people think you're an asshole, you probably are. The notion of mod power is so juvenile it indicates personality disorders of various types.
    That is an astute observation you made, it is something that a forum OWNER should be on the watch for because the Moderators are supposed to the cream of the forum membership crop to help keeps things running smoothly and be courteously responsive to the members when occasional problems do arise.

As the owner of a large climate forum once had to help a Moderator who went overboard in his PUBLIC response to a member who sent me an aggrieved PM about it, which I duly read the comments on the board, then agreeing with the aggrieved member initiated PM discussion with the Moderator asking him to re read the messages and reconsider his actions.

I pointed out to the Moderator that what the member wrote didn't appear to violate any of the basic rules of the forum, unless he can point it out to me, he realized that he had to do something about it, which was an apology to the member which calmed things down.

Couple years later after my forum was maliciously shut down by a large corporation, he now the administrator of a large facebook group added me to the Admin list to help him run it.

It is my growing belief that the forum Gracie, Dogmaphone and a few other left is being run that way on purpose by the owners who doesn't show ANY sign of being bothered by the ugly trolling and off topic behavior and the Mod team badly undersized as it is doesn't handle it very well thus the problem become endemic and hopeless, it is one of the reason why I stopped posting there.

Meanwhile they after TWO MONTHS still can't fix a problem that would take two minutes to fix in the admin board. They go on and on in the PM's on how to get it fixed, a problem I fixed several times in my old forum easily and with without worry.

Last edited by Sunsettommy; 08-23-2021 at 12:07 AM.
    IPCC TAR Chapter 14 Page 773 Paragraph 14.2.2 Predictability in a Chaotic System

In climate research and modelling, we should recognise that we are dealing with a coupled non-linear chaotic system, and therefore that the long-term prediction of future climate states is not possible.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sunsettommy For This Useful Post:

Captain Kirk! (08-24-2021),Gracie (08-23-2021),Neo (08-24-2021)

Collapsatarian Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocial1 year registered
    Overall activity: 0%

Thanks
    Hola chica. The Royal Society of USMB Refugees approves.

“Democracy is the art and science of running the circus from the monkey cage” ~ H. L. Mencken

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jwbooth For This Useful Post:

Captain Kirk! (08-24-2021),Neo (08-24-2021),Petro (08-24-2021)

Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Think Tank View Post
    Do you know who I am?
    I figured it out since you used that avi before.
    What really gave it away was the term Sheepdip.

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Petro View Post
    I figured it out since you used that avi before.
    That filthy provincial creep.

I think he plays backgammon, and jumps out of planes

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Think Tank For This Useful Post:

Petro (08-24-2021)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Petro;[URL="tel:2839994"
    2839994[/URL]]I figured it out since you used that avi before.
    I never paid that much attention. I need a big chief tablet and lumber crayon for such things.

“Democracy is the art and science of running the circus from the monkey cage” ~ H. L. Mencken

Thanks
    Gracie dear, I had a little back and forth with Aqua A, she may stick her toes in.

Just Wandering Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second ClassTagger Second Class1 year registeredSocial
    Overall activity: 7.0%

Thanks
    Looks like those I invited decided not to stay. I guess I'm the only one left still here?
    But maybe they will wander back in. I understand if they went back. Hard to leave friends behind. I'm feeling it too.
    Last edited by Gracie; 09-03-2021 at 05:06 AM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    To Thine Own Self, Be True.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Gracie For This Useful Post:

Brat (09-03-2021)

Alumni Member Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassRecommendation First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 61.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gracie View Post
    Looks like those I invited decided not to stay. I guess I'm the only one left still here?
    But maybe they will wander back in. I understand if they went back. Hard to leave friends behind. I'm feeling it too.
    That happened to me when I left Political Jack.

I started posting in the old Slate Fray ..... when it closed my friends and I migrated to Political Jack. I was one of the first moderators there. When I came here there was one active poster that I knew from PJ. My friends from there came here, but rarely or never really posted here. One mostly inactive one started posting and is still here as is the one that was active. So I have two PJ friends who post here regularly.

I still miss the people I once posted with.......always will miss them.
    Last edited by Jen; 09-03-2021 at 05:28 AM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Jen For This Useful Post:

Conservative Libertarian (08-28-2022)

Alumni & Proud Boomer Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 8.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gracie View Post
    I truly hope you can stick it out until you make new friends here. I will certainly be your friend, if you will let me. I think us ladies should always have a backup. Please stay!
    Unwavering loyalty for my President, Donald J Trump

~Shower the people you love with love~

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Brat For This Useful Post:

Gracie (08-27-2022)

Just Wandering Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second ClassTagger Second Class1 year registeredSocial
    Overall activity: 7.0%

Thanks
    Hello again. So sorry I have been MIA. My husband passed away 6 months ago and prior to his passing, he was very ill. I still wander "over there" from time to time and in spurts but find myself surfing the web in the wee hours because sleep is almost non existent now. I wanted to wander here, but lost my password. Thanks to Hossfly and Trinity...here I am to say hello and hope all is well with everyone?

I'll be spurting here too. I don't hang out in one place very long. I get restless a lot now. I'd love a whole 8 hour sleep but...not going to happen I guess. Maybe after I get through all the stages of grief, anyway.

So.....
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    To Thine Own Self, Be True.

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gracie For This Useful Post:

Brat (08-27-2022),Conservative Libertarian (08-28-2022),hossfly (08-27-2022),OldSchool (08-28-2022),Rutabaga (08-27-2022)

Thread Information