User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Opinions please.

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 8.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Freewill View Post
    I would have done what you did, except for one thing, if there is a loading zone that is where I would have loaded the car.
    The loading zone was full, my wife was standing on the curb, I had 10 small items or less to load in the car, the entire event took less than five minutes from the time I rolled up to the time I left, I blocked no one. Had it not been 98 degrees we both would have walked to the car. I truthfully did not inconvenience anyone by where I was parked. He did however by standing in the middle of the street yelling at me.
    I am not joe biden and I both understand and approve this message

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Felix Birdbiter For This Useful Post:

Lone Gunman (07-29-2021)

Leftists are scum V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 64.0%

Thanks
    The store security was inside talking to cashiers while my wife got robbed in the supermarket parking lot.

You could carry this stuff.

Last edited by Captain Kirk!; 07-29-2021 at 10:00 AM.
    The Democrats are the party of Science Fiction.

50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class

Thanks
    We carried this in the pen, it was very effective.

Senior Member V.I.P Achievements:
    Overall activity: 3.0%

Thanks
    Not a fan of capsaicin. The wind can cause you to have a bad day. Electricity is the best bet.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to tiny1 For This Useful Post:

Lone Gunman (07-29-2021)

Senior Member Forum Donor Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger Second Class1 year registered
    Overall activity: 81.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tiny1 View Post

That would be nice, but remember, not every thug plays fair. If you run, be aware of who may be chasing you. You cannot depend on the discretion of the perpetrator, nor the response of the police. Best bet, arm yourself and pay attention.
    I must have missed something in the OP. I didn't read anything about a "thug". Some "get-off-my-lawn" type asshole said some mean words. Did I miss something?

And people are talking about killing him? WTF.
    Last edited by Call_me_Ishmael; 07-29-2021 at 10:49 AM.
    WARN YOUR FRIENDS. PROTECT YOUR FAMILY.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tiny1 View Post
    Not a fan of capsaicin. The wind can cause you to have a bad day. Electricity is the best bet.
    You have to be smart enough to not be down wind.

Overall activity: 8.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Call_me_Ishmael View Post
    I must have missed something in the OP. I didn't read anything about a "thug". Some "get-off-my-lawn" type asshole said some mean words. Did I miss something?

And people are talking about killing him? WTF.
    Get off my lawn assholes have a tendency to become very irate and irrational when you don't get off their lawn. I am an old man, he was irate and irrational over my five minute parking. I had no idea what he would have been capable of but I really didn't want to find out. I don't believe being prepared to defend yourself against the worst case scenario when something like this happens is a bad thing. Thinking of shooting him was way down the list of things I would do and from a legal stand point certainly should be. However, if someone 30 years younger than you, 100 lbs heavier than you suddenly, out of nowhere begins to berate you for loading your car in the wrong place just what would you do?
    I am not joe biden and I both understand and approve this message

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Felix Birdbiter For This Useful Post:

Lone Gunman (07-29-2021)

Senior Member Forum Donor Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger Second Class1 year registered
    Overall activity: 81.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Felix Birdbiter View Post
    Get off my lawn assholes have a tendency to become very irate and irrational when you don't get off their lawn. I am an old man, he was irate and irrational over my five minute parking. I had no idea what he would have been capable of but I really didn't want to find out. I don't believe being prepared to defend yourself against the worst case scenario when something like this happens is a bad thing. Thinking of shooting him was way down the list of things I would do and from a legal stand point certainly should be. However, if someone 30 years younger than you, 100 lbs heavier than you suddenly, out of nowhere begins to berate you for loading your car in the wrong place just what would you do?
    Already responded. This would be my first choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Call_me_Ishmael View Post
    I live in upstate NY. But regardless, I would have have said "sorry, I'll be gone in a minute".
    Last edited by Call_me_Ishmael; 07-29-2021 at 03:31 PM.
    WARN YOUR FRIENDS. PROTECT YOUR FAMILY.

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 15.0%

Thanks
    I presume big gobs like him have a yellow streak but you can not place 100% faith in that. I am very competent in self defence so I know what I want to do if he gets in range. The best defence is speaking to the assailant while also worked out in your head what you will do. You want his move to give you that lawful right to self defence.
    All I want is his hand/wrist and arm. I focus on his free hand. Mostly these people point at you with an extended arm. As he walks at me I grab his wrist and pull him towards me, using his own forward momentum to drop him to the ground... never letting go of his wrist. Then wrap his arm up his back.It is very effective because YOU KNOW what you are going to do and he does not know.

“The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal.” – Aristotle

Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Overall activity: 45.0%

Oaxaca, Mexico, for over twenty years. Born and raised in Memphis, TN, and worked in Colorado.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WarriorRob View Post
    The problem with people nowadays, they have no respect for the Elderly.

The elderly, children, in-between. Too many people in the U.S., and I specifically don't call them Americans, are totally self-centered and their reason for existing is to keep other in line. I liked Colorado when I moved there because the culture was "mind your own business" but that went out the window with Californians and other leftists moving in.

I live in Mexico and my problems are with gringos. I have a dog that lives with me in my apartment. We walk twice a day and Diego is on a leash, always. I've had three woman come up to me and ask if Diego was intact, alter, or castrated. A fourth walked up and apparently could see his nuts and demanded to know why he hadn't been castrated. "He's my dog, lady, not your husband."

Every single person who has yelled at me for not wearing a mask when I'm walking my dog has been a woman from the U.S. One demanded to know where my mask was and I said, "Up your ass." Another wiggled her mask and said, "Do you know what this is?" "A codpiece?" I hope she looked up codpiece when she got home.

I'm older than Dr. Felix and I liked the U.S. better when people were courteous and had free speech.

When I was 18 I got robbed by a man in Louisville, Kentucky. He had a knife. I was very drunk. I was working for $1 an hour in a Redhead Division of Brunswick Corporation factory. He demanded my money and I said, "Okay, but if I give you all my money I'll have to call somebody because I don't live in Louisville. I'll have to tell them what happened, they'll make me call the police and I'll get in trouble for drinking. Leave me enough to get home and I'll figure we're even. He took all my money and said, "What do you need to get home?" "$1.25. I live in Shelbyville and need some gas." He counted out $1.25 and went on his way." I don't think it would go down like that today. Obama and his gang have got the hatred hyped too much for that.

When I did my time in the service I spent a year on a small island in the Aleutian Islands. We all went crazy but when you live in a crazy place you don't realize how crazy it is till you leave. That's how I felt when I left that island and when I left the U.S. thirty-two years later.

America isn't a place. It's people. Living in Mexico I feel like I've come home to America.

Thread Information