User Tag List

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Tokyo Olympics, report on what you are interested in...

Senior Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialYour first Group1 year registeredRecommendation Second ClassTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 54.0%

Thanks
    Watching womens Trap final.

Kayle Browning (USA) fighting for gold.

Kayle won Silver.

Great match!
    Last edited by Physics Hunter; 07-29-2021 at 01:18 AM.
    Scientist, Evangelical Christian - reformed, father, entrepreneur, hunter, outdoorsman, motorcyclist, Constitutional Conservative.

50000 Experience PointsSocialYour first Group1 year registeredRecommendation Second ClassTagger Second Class

Thanks
    USA Womens indoor 6 person Volleyball just nukes China (No1 seed) in a shocker.

I wish I could figure out how to watch the entire match, getting 5 min sped up summary...
    Scientist, Evangelical Christian - reformed, father, entrepreneur, hunter, outdoorsman, motorcyclist, Constitutional Conservative.

Thanks
    Katy Ledecky swims the anchor leg of the 4x200 Free and gains more than a full body length on the Aussies to steal the Silver. This is one of her finest moments.

Katie Ledecky fuels furious comeback to power U.S. to silver in womens 4x200m relay | NBC Olympics

V.I.P. Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 10.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinnity View Post
    I read the ratings are the worst in 33 years. Sorry for the off topic but I'm not a Sports fan.

Not to worry, when it comes to the Olympic Games, I don't like sports either.

Shooting? Gotta be kidding, none of them would last a weekend in South Side Chicago.

Swimming and diving events are as dull as watching grass grow.

Track and field? The 100 is over in less than 10-seconds. Only part of these sports that is fun to watch is the pole vault.

Everyone seems to like women's beach volleyball, but that is probably simply because of the uniforms, or lack of same. This sport matches up in popularity about as much as exotic pole dancing.

I usually do like the women's soccer competition, the ladies have won gold several times in this sport.

If ladies gymnastics are part of the summer games, that also is an interesting event.

Other than those, have little use or time for the Summer Olympics.

Stan
    Last edited by StanAtStanFan; 07-29-2021 at 12:28 PM. Reason: Just A Comment

Thanks
    Amber English and Vincent Hancock both win Gold in Skeet!

Shotgun Finals
    Loved the long form stream, easy to forward to when things get dicey.

Thanks
    If anyone wants to know how weird this Olympics is, take a look at the wide shot of the Womens Archery venue just before arguably the best possible matchup: USA Mackenzie Brown v SKor AN San.

Venue Archery Women's QF SF F.png

They built a stadium and there are about 100 fans, I assume other Olympic athletes.

Thanks
    In the Mackenzie Brown v AN San (Kor), An delivers a perfect 30 in the second set/flight, Brown responds with a perfect 30 in the third, they tie in the the fifth and go to a shoot orr.

As archery goes, this could be a miracle on string...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Damn.

Thanks
    Women's volleyball.

Turkey takes the USA team deep into the match, but USA pulls out a win.

Gee, the black and white USA team members simply to be playing as a team. Imagine that!

USA womens volleyball beats Turkey in 5, remains undefeated | NBC Olympics

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Physics Hunter For This Useful Post:

donttread (07-30-2021)

Thanks
    Women's Gymnastics, no fear.

Suni Lee took over for SJW Simone Biles and won the All Around Womens.
    Media is playing it up. I hate gymnastics, all subjectively judged. Nice to see another American step up and win the gold.

50000 Experience PointsSocial1 year registered
    Overall activity: 37.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Physics Hunter View Post
    I like a lot of sports, but some of them are a little off the beaten path.

I just feel the need to post about performances that I enjoyed, or hated...

I would appreciate others joining in.
    We watch a lot of Olympics and choose to root for American even if it means pulling for Rapinoe to make a penalty kick. She did in a game we watched to seal the deal and my wife put it best , for us at least : "I don't care that it was her"
    We also watch tennis, golf and a number of sports we won't watch again for 4 year or 3 I guess like swimming, gymnastics,volley ball, beach volleyball (ok that one is mostly for me) and even ping pong which I USED to think I was good at before seeing these people play.
    Still some "sports" like skate boarding and surfing I don't tend to watch or even consider real Olympic sports.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to donttread For This Useful Post:

Physics Hunter (07-31-2021)

Thread Information