User Tag List

Thread: Brexit 5 years on: 'We would have you back,' says Europe, in new poll

Nearly purple V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 85.0%

Thanks

Brexit 5 years on: 'We would have you back,' says Europe, in new poll

Most respondents in France, Germany, Italy and Spain have a message for the UK: We want EU back, we want EU back for good.
    Five years after Britain voted to leave the European Union, most Europeans say they would welcome them back.
    But a poll by Euronews by Redfield & Wilton Strategies also found that many Europeans are keenly watching how Britain fares outside the bloc - and would be willing to consider their own nation's exit if it works well for the UK.
    Wednesday marks five years since Britain held a referendum on its membership of the EU, in which 51.9% voted to leave.
    The vote shook British and European politics to its core and was followed by years of gruelling negotiations between Brussels and London.
    Then, on December 24, 2020, at the eleventh hour, a deal was reached that prevented the UK from crashing out of the bloc.
    But Brexit is far from over
    https://www.euronews.com/2021/06/23/...pe-in-new-poll

It doesn’t surprise me that countries in the EU are studying how well we are doing, obviously they miss our £billions we gave it.
    RIP Wes.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Neo For This Useful Post:

Big Dummy (06-23-2021),Conservative Libertarian (06-23-2021),dinosaur (06-23-2021),Old Ridge Runner (06-23-2021)

Member Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Overall activity: 0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    Most respondents in France, Germany, Italy and Spain have a message for the UK: We want EU back, we want EU back for good.
    Five years after Britain voted to leave the European Union, most Europeans say they would welcome them back.
    But a poll by Euronews by Redfield & Wilton Strategies also found that many Europeans are keenly watching how Britain fares outside the bloc - and would be willing to consider their own nation's exit if it works well for the UK.
    Wednesday marks five years since Britain held a referendum on its membership of the EU, in which 51.9% voted to leave.
    The vote shook British and European politics to its core and was followed by years of gruelling negotiations between Brussels and London.
    Then, on December 24, 2020, at the eleventh hour, a deal was reached that prevented the UK from crashing out of the bloc.

It doesn’t surprise me that countries in the EU are studying how well we are doing, obviously they miss our £billions we gave it.
    I’m having conversations with Germans about Brexit.And many of them would like to leave the EU.

Same goes for the Italians too.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Think Tank For This Useful Post:

Conservative Libertarian (06-23-2021),dinosaur (06-23-2021),Neo (06-23-2021),Old Ridge Runner (06-23-2021)

Alumni Member & VIP Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 20.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Think Tank View Post
    I’m having conversations with Germans about Brexit.And many of them would like to leave the EU.

Same goes for the Italians too.
    Germans? They "are" the EU, pretty much.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nonsqtr For This Useful Post:

Big Dummy (06-23-2021),Conservative Libertarian (06-23-2021),dinosaur (06-23-2021),Old Ridge Runner (06-23-2021)

Alumni V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 37.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post

Isn't there still one more "not so fast" vote slated for Brexit, and then they'll keep voting again and again and again until the "correct" vote is reached?
    #NEVERAPOLOGIZE

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Frankenvoter For This Useful Post:

Conservative Libertarian (06-23-2021),dinosaur (06-23-2021),Neo (06-23-2021)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankenvoter View Post
    Isn't there still one more "not so fast" vote slated for Brexit, and then they'll keep voting again and again and again until the "correct" vote is reached?
    No! All voting has ended since we signed an agreement that both the EU and the UK could agree on.
    We were independent again on 1st January 2021

Italy is the next country to leave in my opinion if they see the U.K. doing well.

It would be great if Biden signed a massive trade agreement with the U.K. effectively joining us at the hip, what a great powerhouse of muscle that would be!
    RIP Wes.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Neo For This Useful Post:

Frankenvoter (06-23-2021)

Thanks
    When Obama made this comment he proved to be an embittered black man!

In April 2016, during a visit to the UK, Obama made remarks at a press conference where he said Britain would be at the “back of the queue” for any future post-Brexit trade deal with the US.
    RIP Wes.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Neo For This Useful Post:

Oceander (06-23-2021)

Thread Information