User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: China and the coronavirus

  1. #1
    Senior Member Achievements:
    Tagger First Class50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 21.0%

    pjohns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,632
    Thanks
    7,862
    Thanked: 2,663
    Rep Power
    3961248

    China and the coronavirus

    I heard, just today, that China is evidently behind the Coronavirus. (I understand that it developed there; and the leaders simply could not allow it to affect their people alone. So they "shared" it with the rest of the world.)

    I really do not know just how serious the evidence is here. But if it is overwhelming--and it may be; again, I am unsure--we should immediately stop all reciprocation with China: no purchasing of any goods made in China, and no selling of any American-made goods to China, either.

    Oh, and we should take a further step: Any third country that is known to either purchase goods from China, or sell goods to China, we should immediately blacklist: neither sell them anything, nor buy anything from them.

    This would hit China right where it hurts, I think: squarely in the pocketbook.

    Thoughts?

  2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pjohns For This Useful Post:

    dinosaur (06-12-2021),NORAD (06-13-2021),Old Ridge Runner (06-13-2021),Old Tex (06-13-2021),Rutabaga (06-12-2021)

  3. #2
    ADMIN IT Staff
    Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesVeteran
    Overall activity: 81.0%

    Trinnity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    67,659
    Thanks
    8,662
    Thanked: 69,808
    Rep Power
    21474912
    Quote Originally Posted by pjohns View Post
    I heard, just today, that China is evidently behind the Coronavirus.
    Is this a joke?
    Respect the rules of the Forum.
    << Forum RULES >>


  4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Trinnity For This Useful Post:

    Conservative Libertarian (06-13-2021),covfefe saved us (06-13-2021),dinosaur (06-12-2021),nonsqtr (06-13-2021),Old Ridge Runner (06-13-2021),Old Tex (06-13-2021)

  5. #3
    Alumni Member Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 47.0%

    dinosaur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    10,324
    Thanks
    22,743
    Thanked: 21,590
    Rep Power
    21474851
    I think the world, and inter-country relationships, are a bit more complex than that.

    There are so many options that are not quite as extreme as you suggest. The extremity of what you suggest has, in the past, been part and parcel of world war level conflict. The similarities to pre-war Japan, and current China ambitions is remarkable. Especially the Chinese belief that their country or control needs to include Taiwan, all the islands, and additional countries in SE Asia.

    Right now, the last thing we need to do is to look weak. Biden is failing miserably in that regard. Japan thought we were weak on Dec 7th, 1941. Take out PH and the Americans will back off and butt out. They miscalculated then. We are looking pretty weak in a lot of areas right now, so much so, that the Chinese may believe now is the right time for the Chinese tiger to pounce. Don't taunt a tiger, or withhold food as punishment. A hungry tiger is a desperate tiger.
    Last edited by dinosaur; 06-12-2021 at 09:09 PM. Reason: double word corrected

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to dinosaur For This Useful Post:

    Old Ridge Runner (06-13-2021)

  7. #4
    Alumni Member Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 47.0%

    dinosaur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    10,324
    Thanks
    22,743
    Thanked: 21,590
    Rep Power
    21474851
    And on a constructive note, some of those things we could do that send a message ...

    1. Kick Confucius Institutes out of America Universities.
    2. Eliminate all research collaboration with the Chinese.
    3. Eliminate, severely reduce Chinese immigrant visas, school or work.

    And sometimes, you don't have to actually DO anything. If your adversary thinks you are strong, threats and suggestions work. Lots of diplomacy works with both carrot and stick in plain view, and the knowledge that the party with carrot and stick will use either when necessary.

    And our position with regards to China is not helped by our guy in charge being kept in China's pocket (IMO).

    Global warming is our biggest strategic threat? He's got to be kidding. Who writes this stuff? Start a world war, or anyone, anywhere drops a nuke on anyone, anywhere, and see how fast GW disappears as a political platform.
    Last edited by dinosaur; 06-12-2021 at 09:24 PM. Reason: added glow bull warming comment

  8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dinosaur For This Useful Post:

    Conservative Libertarian (06-13-2021),covfefe saved us (06-13-2021),Old Ridge Runner (06-13-2021),Physics Hunter (06-13-2021),pjohns (06-13-2021)

  9. #5
    Alumni Member Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 37.0%

    Rutabaga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    42,211
    Thanks
    99,521
    Thanked: 62,108
    Rep Power
    21474886
    i'm telling ya,,the 3 gorges damn just needs a bump...it could even made to look like an accident as its already weak...

    war vs i bomb.


    thats the largest hydroelectric damn in the world...just sitting there, ready to fail...it provides power to chinas manufacturing hub.


    that dam goes, 15% of the globes manufacturing would stop...yes, that hurts everybody,,but it hurts china more, much, much, more...and would stop any military shenanigans in their tracks.

    that dam goes and china gets its own "reset"...


    Video shows devastating impact if China's Three Gorges Dam ...

    https://www.taiwannews.com.tw › news







    Jul 24, 2020 — As the distance from Three Gorges Dam to the downstream city of Yichang is only 50 kilometers, the video predicts that within 30 minutes after the ...
    "The nose, knows"

    "Negros were like animals and they turned the streets into jungles”
    joe biden.
    #walkaway


    "The Emperor Wears No Clothes"

  10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rutabaga For This Useful Post:

    covfefe saved us (06-13-2021),East of the Beast (06-13-2021),Jen (06-13-2021),Old Ridge Runner (06-13-2021),pjohns (06-13-2021)

  11. #6
    Senior Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialYour first Group1 year registeredRecommendation Second ClassTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 64.0%

    Physics Hunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    6,256
    Thanks
    3,660
    Thanked: 7,153
    Rep Power
    15316187
    Quote Originally Posted by dinosaur View Post
    And on a constructive note, some of those things we could do that send a message ...

    1. Kick Confucius Institutes out of America Universities.
    2. Eliminate all research collaboration with the Chinese.
    3. Eliminate, severely reduce Chinese immigrant visas, school or work.

    And sometimes, you don't have to actually DO anything. If your adversary thinks you are strong, threats and suggestions work. Lots of diplomacy works with both carrot and stick in plain view, and the knowledge that the party with carrot and stick will use either when necessary.

    And our position with regards to China is not helped by our guy in charge being kept in China's pocket (IMO).

    Global warming is our biggest strategic threat? He's got to be kidding. Who writes this stuff? Start a world war, or anyone, anywhere drops a nuke on anyone, anywhere, and see how fast GW disappears as a political platform.
    4. Ban all Chinese Nationals, or even dual citizens from DoD research. They are infesting it.
    Scientist, Evangelical Christian - reformed, father, entrepreneur, hunter, outdoorsman, motorcyclist, Constitutional Conservative.

  12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Physics Hunter For This Useful Post:

    dinosaur (06-13-2021),pjohns (06-13-2021),Rutabaga (06-13-2021)

  13. #7
    Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    Overall activity: 62.0%

    Northern Rivers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Northern Rivers AUSTRALIA
    Posts
    28,664
    Thanks
    27,869
    Thanked: 29,520
    Rep Power
    21474871
    Perhaps Dr Fauci was used to both finance and develop a biological weapon for Chinese military use?

    This would show why he was so worried in his emails as to whether or not Gain Of Function was done with the money he obtained for the CCP.

    If it turns out this was a deliberate attack on the rest of the world...China needs to be reamed, steamed...and dry cleaned. The international criminal court needs to indict the CCP.

    WHY did they preclude travel within China from Wuhan...but...not from Wuhan to the rest of the world? Why did the developer and patent holder of this new virus die in mysterious circumstances? Did the CCP "take notes" when the Biden's were actively chasing after sweetheart deals and...are now compromised?



    Unless things become open...transparent...what does anyone think about guilt or innocence?
    You're only as good as your last performance.

  14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Northern Rivers For This Useful Post:

    Conservative Libertarian (06-13-2021),dinosaur (06-13-2021),East of the Beast (06-13-2021),NORAD (06-13-2021),Old Ridge Runner (06-13-2021),pjohns (06-13-2021),Rutabaga (06-13-2021)

  15. #8
    Alumni Member & VIP Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 25.0%

    nonsqtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    36,250
    Thanks
    15,718
    Thanked: 39,606
    Rep Power
    21474880
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Rivers View Post
    Perhaps Dr Fauci was used to both finance and develop a biological weapon for Chinese military use?

    This would show why he was so worried in his emails as to whether or not Gain Of Function was done with the money he obtained for the CCP.

    If it turns out this was a deliberate attack on the rest of the world...China needs to be reamed, steamed...and dry cleaned. The international criminal court needs to indict the CCP.

    WHY did they preclude travel within China from Wuhan...but...not from Wuhan to the rest of the world? Why did the developer and patent holder of this new virus die in mysterious circumstances? Did the CCP "take notes" when the Biden's were actively chasing after sweetheart deals and...are now compromised?



    Unless things become open...transparent...what does anyone think about guilt or innocence?
    Now maybe we understand (again) the deeper meaning of We the People.

    We the People own this government. For good, bad, or indifferent, we own it

  16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nonsqtr For This Useful Post:

    Conservative Libertarian (06-13-2021),dinosaur (06-13-2021),Northern Rivers (06-13-2021),pjohns (06-13-2021),Rutabaga (06-13-2021)

  17. #9
    Alumni Member & VIP Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 25.0%

    nonsqtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    36,250
    Thanks
    15,718
    Thanked: 39,606
    Rep Power
    21474880
    Quote Originally Posted by pjohns View Post
    I heard, just today, that China is evidently behind the Coronavirus.
    Really? Today?

    Before today, where did you think the virus came from?

  18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nonsqtr For This Useful Post:

    Conservative Libertarian (06-13-2021),dinosaur (06-13-2021),Northern Rivers (06-13-2021)

  19. #10
    Alumni Member Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranSocialTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 41.0%

    East of the Beast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    18,200
    Thanks
    23,935
    Thanked: 21,849
    Rep Power
    21474862
    Quote Originally Posted by nonsqtr View Post
    Really? Today?

    Before today, where did you think the virus came from?
    He was just trying to #stopasianhate



  20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to East of the Beast For This Useful Post:

    Conservative Libertarian (06-13-2021),Rutabaga (06-13-2021)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •