User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: An Ob$servation...

  1. #1
    Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    Overall activity: 57.0%

    Northern Rivers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Northern Rivers AUSTRALIA
    Posts
    28,209
    Thanks
    27,293
    Thanked: 28,589
    Rep Power
    21474871

    An Ob$servation...

    I have been scrambling to move into physical silver bullion shares before it lifts any higher:

    Inflation surges as consumer prices leap 5%, biggest jump since 2008
    You're only as good as your last performance.

  2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Northern Rivers For This Useful Post:

    Big Dummy (06-11-2021),Conservative Libertarian (06-10-2021),East of the Beast (06-11-2021),Physics Hunter (06-10-2021),Rutabaga (06-10-2021)

  3. #2
    Games People Play Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteranCreated Blog entryTagger First Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Overall activity: 15.0%

    JustPassinThru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    New California
    Posts
    65,680
    Thanks
    14,300
    Thanked: 56,089
    Rep Power
    21474909
    I don't have any handle on the actual/potential spread, "paper silver" to actual silver in vaults. But, just as banksters have loans on the books far in excess of cash reserves, they've been working various "derivatives" of gold bullion up to where there's about ten times the paper gold out there as there is actual gold.

    When TSHTF and people start selling their gold, or wanting physical delivery...it won't BE there.

    In the "stacker" community, there's a saying: If you don't hold it in your hand, you don't own it. The silver marketer can swear he has bullion in his vault. He can even claim he has it allocated by owners - and he even may. But HE holds the keys - not you - and if things get ugly, he's going to act in his own best interest. Which may or may not coincide with your own.

    So...you want it in your own physical control. Vault or safe on your property, or a safe-deposit box, preferably NOT tied to a bank. In the States, many banks no longer let SD box renters keep bullion or cash in those boxes; and one California non-bank safe-deposit vault was raided and all contents seized by the Fudds.

    So I'd have it shipped to you, or make independent, secure storage arrangements.

  4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JustPassinThru For This Useful Post:

    Big Dummy (06-11-2021),East of the Beast (06-11-2021),Northern Rivers (06-11-2021),Rutabaga (06-10-2021)

  5. #3
    Alumni Member Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 97.0%

    Rutabaga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    41,705
    Thanks
    97,649
    Thanked: 60,871
    Rep Power
    21474885
    you can walk up to a aboriginal in some far off place who has never seen a white man and if you manage to talk to him see what you can get for 1 million in paper dollars...he might think its good for starting fires, but thats about it, wont be worth anything.

    but take a gold nugget, coin, and even an aboriginal sees the value in gold/silver.
    you can trade it for a goat, get 2 and you have a breeding pair, meat and milk.
    "The nose, knows"

    "Negros were like animals and they turned the streets into jungles”
    joe biden.
    #walkaway


    "The Emperor Has No Clothes"

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rutabaga For This Useful Post:

    Big Dummy (06-11-2021),Northern Rivers (06-11-2021)

  7. #4
    Alumni Member Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 97.0%

    Rutabaga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    41,705
    Thanks
    97,649
    Thanked: 60,871
    Rep Power
    21474885
    btw, i used my stimulus checks to buy more gold coins.

    i like the way they stack, and the feel/sound they make as i scrooge them in my hand...
    "The nose, knows"

    "Negros were like animals and they turned the streets into jungles”
    joe biden.
    #walkaway


    "The Emperor Has No Clothes"

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Rutabaga For This Useful Post:

    Big Dummy (06-11-2021)

  9. #5
    Games People Play Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteranCreated Blog entryTagger First Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Overall activity: 15.0%

    JustPassinThru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    New California
    Posts
    65,680
    Thanks
    14,300
    Thanked: 56,089
    Rep Power
    21474909
    Quote Originally Posted by Rutabaga View Post
    btw, i used my stimulus checks to buy more gold coins.

    i like the way they stack, and the feel/sound they make as i scrooge them in my hand...
    Me, too.

    Together with the two surplus motorcycles I sold, I bought four K-rands.

    In the safe right now.

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JustPassinThru For This Useful Post:

    Big Dummy (06-11-2021),Rutabaga (06-11-2021)

  11. #6
    Senior Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialYour first Group1 year registeredRecommendation Second ClassTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 78.0%

    Physics Hunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    5,735
    Thanks
    3,329
    Thanked: 6,561
    Rep Power
    14381086
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Rivers View Post
    I have been scrambling to move into physical silver bullion shares before it lifts any higher:

    Inflation surges as consumer prices leap 5%, biggest jump since 2008
    From my reads it is mostly new vehicles (chip shortage) and oil related cost increases. No widespread inflation yet...
    Scientist, Evangelical Christian - reformed, father, entrepreneur, hunter, outdoorsman, motorcyclist, Constitutional Conservative.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Physics Hunter For This Useful Post:

    Rutabaga (06-11-2021)

  13. #7
    Games People Play Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteranCreated Blog entryTagger First Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Overall activity: 15.0%

    JustPassinThru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    New California
    Posts
    65,680
    Thanks
    14,300
    Thanked: 56,089
    Rep Power
    21474909
    ...used vehicles...lumber...eggs, doubled in price...chicken meat shortages...

    Shrinkage (reduced size) of packaged foods, in lieu of price increases - or with them.

    Rent is going up, madly. A converted GARAGE in Libby, Montana, crudely converted to a residence...together with land...sold for $10,000 in 2005. Listed for $64,000 now.

    Prices are exploding. Unevenly, because that's how this happens. Leftist states' merchants put it off as long as they can, because it's easy to be prosecuted for "price gouging." Best to make sure the price is permanent, even if it means running out of best-selling product.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to JustPassinThru For This Useful Post:

    Big Dummy (06-11-2021)

  15. #8
    Senior Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialYour first Group1 year registeredRecommendation Second ClassTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 78.0%

    Physics Hunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    5,735
    Thanks
    3,329
    Thanked: 6,561
    Rep Power
    14381086
    Quote Originally Posted by JustPassinThru View Post
    ...used vehicles...lumber...eggs, doubled in price...chicken meat shortages...

    Shrinkage (reduced size) of packaged foods, in lieu of price increases - or with them.

    Rent is going up, madly. A converted GARAGE in Libby, Montana, crudely converted to a residence...together with land...sold for $10,000 in 2005. Listed for $64,000 now.

    Prices are exploding. Unevenly, because that's how this happens. Leftist states' merchants put it off as long as they can, because it's easy to be prosecuted for "price gouging." Best to make sure the price is permanent, even if it means running out of best-selling product.
    Used vehicles and groceries are essentially attributable to new vehicle and oil prices. The lumber is truly awful, due to the housing boom (good catch there!), not sure on the chicken.
    Scientist, Evangelical Christian - reformed, father, entrepreneur, hunter, outdoorsman, motorcyclist, Constitutional Conservative.

  16. #9
    Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    Overall activity: 57.0%

    Northern Rivers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Northern Rivers AUSTRALIA
    Posts
    28,209
    Thanks
    27,293
    Thanked: 28,589
    Rep Power
    21474871
    Quote Originally Posted by JustPassinThru View Post
    I don't have any handle on the actual/potential spread, "paper silver" to actual silver in vaults. But, just as banksters have loans on the books far in excess of cash reserves, they've been working various "derivatives" of gold bullion up to where there's about ten times the paper gold out there as there is actual gold.

    When TSHTF and people start selling their gold, or wanting physical delivery...it won't BE there.

    In the "stacker" community, there's a saying: If you don't hold it in your hand, you don't own it. The silver marketer can swear he has bullion in his vault. He can even claim he has it allocated by owners - and he even may. But HE holds the keys - not you - and if things get ugly, he's going to act in his own best interest. Which may or may not coincide with your own.

    So...you want it in your own physical control. Vault or safe on your property, or a safe-deposit box, preferably NOT tied to a bank. In the States, many banks no longer let SD box renters keep bullion or cash in those boxes; and one California non-bank safe-deposit vault was raided and all contents seized by the Fudds.

    So I'd have it shipped to you, or make independent, secure storage arrangements.
    I made decent money (6.08%) on paper silver promissory notes. That was a good return for two months...BUT...I got completely OUT of paper and into real silver bullion. Actually...it's close of market (here) Friday afternoon and I just made the segué. Weekends are when things happen and you can't do anything g about it. Real silver won't go backwards. It's a safe haven.

    It's also bad karma investing. Things need to get looking more dire by the minute for precious metals to rise. Yep...it's not looking too good, folks. Biden's screwed the pooch. I feel sorry for all those 401K's that will be devalued. If ya can...move whatever you can into silver...NOT promissory notes!!!
    You're only as good as your last performance.

  17. #10
    Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    Overall activity: 57.0%

    Northern Rivers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Northern Rivers AUSTRALIA
    Posts
    28,209
    Thanks
    27,293
    Thanked: 28,589
    Rep Power
    21474871
    Quote Originally Posted by Physics Hunter View Post
    From my reads it is mostly new vehicles (chip shortage) and oil related cost increases. No widespread inflation yet...
    That's why I am ahead of the curve. Once "the media" all all about inflation, you'll have missed the boat. Get in NOW...you won't go backwards.
    You're only as good as your last performance.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •