User Tag List

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 72

Thread: Analysis Reveals Heart-related Side Effects of Hydroxychloroquine

  1. #1
    Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 47.0%

    Fall River's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    3,086
    Thanks
    3,669
    Thanked: 1,973
    Rep Power
    2779225

    Analysis Reveals Heart-related Side Effects of Hydroxychloroquine

    Analysis reveals heart-related side effects of hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine | EurekAlert! Science News

    "Hydroxychloroquine [HCQ] and chloroquine were associated with higher rates of various cardiovascular problems, including life threatening heart rhythm events, heart failure, and damage to the heart muscle itself (termed cardiomyopathy)."

    "Moreover, we show how these adverse events carry high risks for severe outcomes including death, even with standard doses of the drugs."

    My comment: The reason I easily found this link is because I looked, as opposed to Sean Hannity who I recently heard on the radio still promoting Hydroxychloroquine.





    You can observe a lot just by watching - Yogi berra
    Last edited by Fall River; 06-10-2021 at 02:57 PM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 47.0%

    Fall River's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    3,086
    Thanks
    3,669
    Thanked: 1,973
    Rep Power
    2779225
    Hydroxy is ineffective against covid-19

    "Further evidence demonstrating the lack of efficacy of hydroxychloroquine as a treatment for coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) was detailed in a new randomized, multicenter, blinded, placebo-controlled study published in JAMA."
    Last edited by Fall River; 06-10-2021 at 03:13 PM.

  3. #3
    Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsOverdriveTagger First ClassSocial1 year registered
    Overall activity: 46.0%

    Oceander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    LIRR
    Posts
    10,202
    Thanks
    17,241
    Thanked: 15,860
    Rep Power
    19930723
    Hydroxquinone affects the so-called complement part of the immune system. If one has already been hospitalized with cytokine-storm effects from COVID-19, then it is already too late to get a benefit out of hydroxyquinone.

    This mechanism of hydroxyquinone has been known for years and years. So someone who is dosing people who have already suffered injury from COVID-19's impact on the complement system is - intentionally in my mind - creating a false-flag effort to create "fake" results in order to accomplish a foreordained political agenda.

    It's a little bit like giving antibiotics to a COVID-19 sufferer and then claiming that antibiotics don't work. Duh.
    So let us stop talkin' falsely now
    The hour's getting late -- Jimi Hendrix

    #RESISTBidet

  4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Oceander For This Useful Post:

    darroll (06-10-2021),Foghorn (06-10-2021),MisterVeritis (06-10-2021),Rutabaga (06-10-2021),WarriorRob (06-10-2021)

  5. #4
    Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 45.0%

    Foghorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    10,496
    Thanks
    21,222
    Thanked: 17,692
    Rep Power
    21474854
    It's pretty much the same news we were reading a year ago.

    The list of potential side effects is long and heart-related issues are way down on the list on how commonly they occur. Setting aside Lupus and other similar medical ailments the main idea with this drug was to start taking it two weeks before you traveled into the jungle so you don't catch malaria.

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Foghorn For This Useful Post:

    darroll (06-10-2021),Oceander (06-10-2021),WarriorRob (06-10-2021)

  7. #5
    Senior Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 7.0%

    tiny1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    rural NC
    Posts
    4,676
    Thanks
    1,034
    Thanked: 6,516
    Rep Power
    21474846
    Quote Originally Posted by Fall River View Post
    Analysis reveals heart-related side effects of hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine | EurekAlert! Science News

    "Hydroxychloroquine [HCQ] and chloroquine were associated with higher rates of various cardiovascular problems, including life threatening heart rhythm events, heart failure, and damage to the heart muscle itself (termed cardiomyopathy)."

    "Moreover, we show how these adverse events carry high risks for severe outcomes including death, even with standard doses of the drugs."

    My comment: The reason I easily found this link is because I looked, as opposed to Sean Hannity who I recently heard on the radio still promoting Hydroxychloroquine.





    You can observe a lot just by watching - Yogi berra
    Sheesh. Propagandist.
    We have been using Hydroxochloroquine since the 1940s. Generally safe and effective. Yes, if combined with other drugs, and if it you are over 60, you can see some vision related symptoms. But for heart issues, very rare.
    Why do you leftists always spread the shit so deep? I guess you favor vaccines, huh? I guess the Regeneron Cocktail is dangerous too?
    It's people like you who have my Mom Scared shitless to come outdoors. I resent your lemming-like nonsense.

  8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tiny1 For This Useful Post:

    MisterVeritis (06-10-2021),Rutabaga (06-10-2021),WarriorRob (06-10-2021)

  9. #6
    Alumni Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 7.0%

    Traddles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    20 Miles SE of Facebook
    Posts
    11,224
    Thanks
    3,083
    Thanked: 14,840
    Rep Power
    21474852
    Yes, HCQ can have side effects. Welcome to real life medicine. HOWEVER, HCQ has been in use in the US and around the world for decades and is on WHO's list of essential medicines. IOW, doctors know how to use it safely.

    As for effectiveness against Covid:

    Hydroxychloroquine + Azithromycin therapy at a higher dose improved survival by nearly 200% in ventilated COVID patients

    Hydroxychloroquine + Azithromycin therapy at a higher dose improved survival by nearly 200% in ventilated COVID patients


    Treatment options have been limited in the ongoing coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic. Earlier optimism regarding immunomodulatory drugs such as azithromycin (AZM) and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) seemed to be undermined by results of large interventional trials.

    However, a fascinating new study posted to the medRxiv* preprint server (not peer-reviewed), suggests that such disappointment may have been both premature and unwarranted, based on a re-analysis of over 250 patients on invasive mechanical ventilation (IMV) during the first two months of the pandemic.

    Using computational modeling, the use of weight-adjusted HCQ and AZM appears to be associated with a more than 100% increase in survival, without a clear correlation with ECG abnormalities.
    My emphasis. I'm neither one who thinks HCQ is a silver bullet that could have prevented all Covid deaths nor a denier that HCQ, used properly, can be a good treatment.
    Traddles

    SVPete

    PeteS in CA


    Laughable prediction, Doctor: Heart Failure from mRNA Jabs “Will Kill Most People” | Principia Scientific Intl. ; Fully Vaxxed May 2021; Viva CallSJ "5K" (actually 3.26 miles), 9/19/21, 51:19; Belmont Water Dog 10K, 10/9/21, 1:52:45; 11.8 miles, 3:50:16, 9/4/21

  10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Traddles For This Useful Post:

    Oceander (06-10-2021),Rutabaga (06-10-2021),WarriorRob (06-10-2021)

  11. #7
    Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 47.0%

    Fall River's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    3,086
    Thanks
    3,669
    Thanked: 1,973
    Rep Power
    2779225
    Quote Originally Posted by Oceander View Post
    Hydroxquinone affects the so-called complement part of the immune system. If one has already been hospitalized with cytokine-storm effects from COVID-19, then it is already too late to get a benefit out of hydroxyquinone.

    This mechanism of hydroxyquinone has been known for years and years. So someone who is dosing people who have already suffered injury from COVID-19's impact on the complement system is - intentionally in my mind - creating a false-flag effort to create "fake" results in order to accomplish a foreordained political agenda.

    It's a little bit like giving antibiotics to a COVID-19 sufferer and then claiming that antibiotics don't work. Duh.

    But Duh.....no link to prove your point?

  12. #8
    Alumni Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 7.0%

    Traddles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    20 Miles SE of Facebook
    Posts
    11,224
    Thanks
    3,083
    Thanked: 14,840
    Rep Power
    21474852
    Quote Originally Posted by Oceander View Post
    Hydroxquinone affects the so-called complement part of the immune system. If one has already been hospitalized with cytokine-storm effects from COVID-19, then it is already too late to get a benefit out of hydroxyquinone.

    This mechanism of hydroxyquinone has been known for years and years. So someone who is dosing people who have already suffered injury from COVID-19's impact on the complement system is - intentionally in my mind - creating a false-flag effort to create "fake" results in order to accomplish a foreordained political agenda.

    It's a little bit like giving antibiotics to a COVID-19 sufferer and then claiming that antibiotics don't work. Duh.
    Whether intentionally or from ignorance, the early "studies" that included a significant % of people on death's door were poorly designed. HCQ's major strength is in hindering the invasion of cells by, in this case, SARS-CoV-2 viruses. People on death's door are already fully infected - possibly well on their way to being clear of the virus - but are being killed by Covid's pneumonia, which is particularly nasty and persistent. Treating such people with HCQ, especially if by HCQ only, is like the proverbial closing of the barn door after the horses have escaped.
    Last edited by Traddles; 06-10-2021 at 03:35 PM.
    Traddles

    SVPete

    PeteS in CA


    Laughable prediction, Doctor: Heart Failure from mRNA Jabs “Will Kill Most People” | Principia Scientific Intl. ; Fully Vaxxed May 2021; Viva CallSJ "5K" (actually 3.26 miles), 9/19/21, 51:19; Belmont Water Dog 10K, 10/9/21, 1:52:45; 11.8 miles, 3:50:16, 9/4/21

  13. #9
    Alumni Member Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 8.0%

    Rutabaga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    43,728
    Thanks
    103,091
    Thanked: 65,211
    Rep Power
    21474887
    Quote Originally Posted by Fall River View Post
    But Duh.....no link to prove your point?

    just type "how long has hydroxyquinone been successfully used in the medical field". into your search engine...


    there might be links to articles about it.


    [you can just c&p the query i wrote]
    Last edited by Rutabaga; 06-10-2021 at 03:37 PM.
    "The nose, knows"

    "Negros were like animals and they turned the streets into jungles
    joe biden.


    Covid=$
    "The Emperor Wears No Clothes"

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Rutabaga For This Useful Post:

    WarriorRob (06-10-2021)

  15. #10
    Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 47.0%

    Fall River's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    3,086
    Thanks
    3,669
    Thanked: 1,973
    Rep Power
    2779225
    Quote Originally Posted by Traddles View Post
    Yes, HCQ can have side effects. Welcome to real life medicine. HOWEVER, HCQ has been in use in the US and around the world for decades and is on WHO's list of essential medicines. IOW, doctors know how to use it safely.

    As for effectiveness against Covid:

    Hydroxychloroquine + Azithromycin therapy at a higher dose improved survival by nearly 200% in ventilated COVID patients

    Hydroxychloroquine + Azithromycin therapy at a higher dose improved survival by nearly 200% in ventilated COVID patients




    My emphasis. I'm neither one who thinks HCQ is a silver bullet that could have prevented all Covid deaths nor a denier that HCQ, used properly, can be a good treatment.

    Absolutely, it's not a silver bullet, not even close. The study was observational, not peer reviewed, and not published in any journal. And only a little over 1% of the study subjects were clinically diagnosed with COVID-19.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •