User Tag List

View Poll Results: Why Did Israel Attack the USS Liberty?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • It was an accident

2 28.57%
  • It was done on purpose

3 42.86%
  • Because antisemitism

0 0%
  • I don't know

2 28.57%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: USS Liberty- What is the Truth?

Middle tier troll V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First Class3 months registeredOverdrive
    Awards:
    King of Publishing
    Overall activity: 99.7%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Call_me_Ishmael View Post
    Electronic Order of Battle.

You know how that is determined?

Through technologies such as those aboard the USS Liberty. One can identify a SIGINT/ELINT collection platform from its appearance.

We don't share our order of battle with anyone and label it TOP SECRET plus maybe some code words.

Have you ever even seen an EOB? Have you ever used an EOB? We use our enemy's EOB to target their assets and - through correlation of electronic assets with other military forces known doctrine - infer the entire layout of the forces.

If there was confusion at the top of Israel's government; if there was complete absence of information on who and even the allegiance of the personnel were behind the antennas on board that ship, they could not afford to take any chances. None. They were alone and surrounded by enemies supported by the Soviet Union.

Stop before you and your OP buddy make greater fools of yourself.
    That is very interesting and I am glad that we are discussing the nuts and bolts of the incident instead of something else.

The OP is not my "buddy" any more than you are. I do not know him outside of this board and all I know about him is what he posts, some of which I think is non-constructive.

As to stop asking questions about the incident, why? We have just began a good discussion. It isn't as if anyone here is going to be disclosing classified information
    Last edited by Authentic; 06-11-2021 at 02:14 PM.
    I have recently been upgraded from third rate troll to middle tier.

Senior Member Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger Second Class1 year registered
    Overall activity: 94.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Authentic View Post
    That is very interesting and I am glad that we are discussing the nuts and bolts of the incident instead of something else.

The OP is not my "buddy" any more than you are. I do not know him outside of this board and all I know about him is what he posts, some of which I think is non-constructive.

As to stop asking questions about the incident, why? We have just began a good discussion. It isn't as if anyone here is going to be disclosing classified information
    The classified... even the existence of such classified will remain classified for another half century. Whenever intelligence is involved, you never know which layer of the security onion you are privy to and how many layers there are that you don't even know exists.

Threads like this have one purpose only. And "getting to the 'truth' " after 54 years is not one of them.
    Last edited by Call_me_Ishmael; 06-11-2021 at 02:46 PM.
    "I want my #%$@# Trump back!"

Awards:
    King of Publishing

Thanks
    The classified... even the existence of such classified will remain classified for another half century. Whenever intelligence is involved, you never know which layer of the security onion you are privy to and how many layers there are that you don't even know exists.

Threads like this have one purpose only. And "getting to the 'truth' " after 54 years is not one of them.
    The OP says that they do not know much about the subject. How can you say that he has a sinister motive when you didn't even see the quote below?

Quote Originally Posted by Hermannsdenkmal View Post
    In spite of being a known critic of those who perpetrated the attack on the USS Liberty, I've never delved too deep into the subject. It happened a long time before my generation, and I've been more interested in trying to discern the truth about other more recent cover-ups. But this video really got to me. This looks like it's from the 1990's, and the pain that lived with the families of the victims of the attack on USS Liberty is very palpable to anyone who loves the United States and respects it's servicemen. Please watch the short video before answering the poll or responding. i hope to maybe learn from others who know more about the subject than I do.

So what's your opinion? Was it an accident, or a calculated decision on Israel's behalf to thwart the US from intercepting their plan to attack the Golan Heights?
    You could give the OP and others knowledge if you didn't shut down just because Israel is part of the discussion.
    Last edited by Authentic; 06-11-2021 at 03:56 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Authentic For This Useful Post:

Hermannsdenkmal (06-12-2021)

Awards:
    King of Publishing

Thanks
    "When I first raised the resolution at my Legion post, the accusation of anti-Semitism came up right away...there's nothing anti-Semitic about wanting this incident investigated when it hasn't been investigated yet. It's a red herring."

A Seattle Veteran Seeks Justice for the USS Liberty, but Not Without Some Controversy | Seattle Weekly

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Authentic For This Useful Post:

Awards:
    King of Publishing

Thanks
    Are we at liberty to discuss the incident?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Authentic For This Useful Post:

V.I.P
    Achievements:

Thanks
    The OP says that they do not know much about the subject. How can you say that he has a sinister motive when you didn't even see the quote below?

You could give the OP and others knowledge if you didn't shut down just because Israel is part of the discussion.
    I'm not fooled by his dissembling.
    "Just asking a question .." is as transparent as can be. This IS your first rodeo, it appears.

V.I.P
    Achievements:

Thanks
    Are we at liberty to discuss the incident?
    Go ahead. Maybe Tlaib will sit on your face as a reward.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Call_me_Ishmael For This Useful Post:

Gator Monroe (06-11-2021)

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 44.0%

Thanks
    I'm not fooled by his dissembling.
    "Just asking a question .." is as transparent as can be. This IS your first rodeo, it appears.
    I'm not a boomer. I have no idea of what went on during the 1960s unless I read about it, or ask someone who lived through it. Geesh, do you act all paranoid when your grandkids ask you about what went on in the past?
    "I will never vote for Donald Trump because I stand with free markets and religious freedom and personal responsibility. Donald Trump stands against all of these things. He stands for trade restrictions and and an anti-morality foreign policy and government domination of religion and nastiness toward women and tacit appeals to racism and unbounded personal power. I stand with conservatism. Donald Trump stands against it. I stand with #NeverTrump."
    - Ben "Phony" Shapiro, March 4, 2016

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Hermannsdenkmal For This Useful Post:

Authentic (06-12-2021)

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 45.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermannsdenkmal View Post
    I'm not a boomer. I have no idea of what went on during the 1960s unless I read about it, or ask someone who lived through it. Geesh, do you act all paranoid when your grandkids ask you about what went on in the past?
    You ever give a Reacha Round ?

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 44.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gator Monroe View Post
    You ever give a Reacha Round ?
    No but I've given a few upper cuts. Want one?
    "I will never vote for Donald Trump because I stand with free markets and religious freedom and personal responsibility. Donald Trump stands against all of these things. He stands for trade restrictions and and an anti-morality foreign policy and government domination of religion and nastiness toward women and tacit appeals to racism and unbounded personal power. I stand with conservatism. Donald Trump stands against it. I stand with #NeverTrump."
    - Ben "Phony" Shapiro, March 4, 2016

Thread Information