User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another young black conservative...

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 69.0%

Oaxaca, Mexico, for over twenty years. Born and raised in Memphis, TN, and worked in Colorado.
    Thanks

Another young black conservative...

...whether she knows it or not.

"FITCHBURG (CBS) – A Fitchburg High School graduate is heading to Harvard University, but before she starts her college career, she’s helping others do the same. Verda Tetteh is getting a full ride to Harvard. At graduation, she was awarded an additional $40,000 scholarship for books, computers and living expenses but she turned it down.“No one had the chance to say ‘Don’t give away $40,000,” Verda said. She chuckles about it now, but the 17-year-old dropped jaws at Friday’s graduation ceremony.
    “Yes I would do it again,” she said.
    What the straight A student did was win the school’s coveted scholarship for general excellence, $10,000 for each of the next four years, only to unexpectedly return to the podium within minutes to turn it down.
    Verda Tetteh (WBZ-TV)

“It is such a great honor, but I also know that I am not the most in need of it,” Verda said at the graduation.
    Verda — who is Harvard bound with a bunch of other scholarships — suggested the money go to a struggling fellow student or students, for whom it might open a door to community college."
    Harvard-Bound Verda Tetteh Turns Down Scholarship From Fitchburg High CBS Boston

I say she's a conservative because that was her money and she gave it to someone else. Liberals give other people's money. I say she's a conservative because the doesn't believe the liberal rhetoric that she is a victim and no one can get ahead because the American Dream is dead or never existed. She knows that's a lie.

Now we'll wait to see if Harvard can turn her into a victim. I wish her well.

In case you're interested, Verda Tetteh is an immigrant from Ghana. She's sure as hell no Ilhan Omar.
    Last edited by patrickt; 06-10-2021 at 11:47 AM.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to patrickt For This Useful Post:

darroll (06-10-2021),Lone Gunman (06-10-2021),NRAforlife (06-10-2021),Rutabaga (06-10-2021),ruthless terrier (06-10-2021)

running down a dream V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 38.0%

Thanks
    too bad she is going to Harvard. she will probably be indoctrinated. it's what they do there.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ruthless terrier For This Useful Post:

darroll (06-10-2021),JustPassinThru (06-10-2021),Lone Gunman (06-10-2021),Mainecoons (06-10-2021),Rutabaga (06-10-2021)

Alumni Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 11.0%

Thanks
    The cost and games played with college textbooks should have some profs and some publishing companies' execs explaining why they shouldn't be in prison for fraud!

As I've probably mentioned on occasion, my daughter, when she isn't "trapped" in the US due to Covid, attends university in China. Being unable to return after coming to the States in early January 2020 for a semester break plus (Chinese) New Year holiday, she has, among other things, pursued completing her AA at our local community college. I am not exaggerating: the cost of one textbook for one class at the JC is higher than for an entire semester's textbooks at her university in China.
    Traddles

SVPete

PeteS in CA

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Traddles For This Useful Post:

Hermannsdenkmal (06-10-2021),Rutabaga (06-10-2021)

50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 37.0%

Thanks
    I say she's a conservative because that was her money and she gave it to someone else.

That's painting all democrats with a wide brush (shame). I'm sure that somewhere out there in the millions of democrats one of them must at one time in their life given their money to someone else. Now I will admit that I've never met one of them, nor have I heard of one of them (except as a tax dodge) giving their own money away. Heck thinking about it, I've also never known someone that said that they knew one of them that had given their money away. But there must (or maybe could) be one of them out there so.... (wink)

50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class

Oaxaca, Mexico, for over twenty years. Born and raised in Memphis, TN, and worked in Colorado.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ruthless terrier View Post
    too bad she is going to Harvard. she will probably be indoctrinated. it's what they do there.
    It depends on your field. Chemistry, medicine. electrical engineering, those sorts of fields actually have something to teach and do less indoctrination. Music history, sociology, black studies, law. They don't have much to teach so they do mostly indoctrination.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to patrickt For This Useful Post:

Freewill (06-11-2021)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Traddles View Post
    The cost and games played with college textbooks should have some profs and some publishing companies' execs explaining why they shouldn't be in prison for fraud!

As I've probably mentioned on occasion, my daughter, when she isn't "trapped" in the US due to Covid, attends university in China. Being unable to return after coming to the States in early January 2020 for a semester break plus (Chinese) New Year holiday, she has, among other things, pursued completing her AA at our local community college. I am not exaggerating: the cost of one textbook for one class at the JC is higher than for an entire semester's textbooks at her university in China.
    Oh, hell yes. Years ago I was in a student bookstore buying a couple of textbooks. I wasn't a student at the university but the subject interested me. When I got to the cashier she said, "Are you a student? There's a discount on both these books."

Being basically honest I said, "No, I'm not a student."
    "Great, you both both half off."
    "You mean if I'm a student I pay full price but if I'm just in off the street it's half-price."
    "Right."
    "That doesn't make sense."

"It's up to the publisher."

Basically, students have to buy the books. I didn't have to.

One professor at Colorado State University wrote a textbook for his class. It included two pages of "work sheets". You had to fill out the work sheets, tear them out, and turn them in or you didn't pass his class. A copy of the pages wouldn't get you a passing grade. I thought that should be illegal but it wasn't. The university didn't even consider it unethical.
    Last edited by patrickt; 06-10-2021 at 03:31 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to patrickt For This Useful Post:

Rutabaga (06-10-2021)

Overall activity: 55.0%

Thanks
    She should have taken it. Imagine the white priv she could have bought!!!!

Senior Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsOverdriveTagger First ClassSocial1 year registered
    Overall activity: 95.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
    It depends on your field. Chemistry, medicine. electrical engineering, those sorts of fields actually have something to teach and do less indoctrination. Music history, sociology, black studies, law. They don't have much to teach so they do mostly indoctrination.
    Law has a lot to teach as well; it's not just indoctrination. It's probably not worthy of a graduate degree designation - the first law degree is a graduate degree now - and should probably revert back to the old LLB (bachelor of laws), but it is not just political indoctrination.
    So let us stop talkin' falsely now
    The hour's getting late -- Jimi Hendrix

#RESISTBidet

Alumni Member Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranTagger First Class

Thanks
    ...whether she knows it or not.

"FITCHBURG (CBS) – A Fitchburg High School graduate is heading to Harvard University, but before she starts her college career, she’s helping others do the same. Verda Tetteh is getting a full ride to Harvard. At graduation, she was awarded an additional $40,000 scholarship for books, computers and living expenses but she turned it down.“No one had the chance to say ‘Don’t give away $40,000,” Verda said. She chuckles about it now, but the 17-year-old dropped jaws at Friday’s graduation ceremony.
    “Yes I would do it again,” she said.
    What the straight A student did was win the school’s coveted scholarship for general excellence, $10,000 for each of the next four years, only to unexpectedly return to the podium within minutes to turn it down.
    Verda Tetteh (WBZ-TV)

“It is such a great honor, but I also know that I am not the most in need of it,” Verda said at the graduation.
    Verda — who is Harvard bound with a bunch of other scholarships — suggested the money go to a struggling fellow student or students, for whom it might open a door to community college."
    Harvard-Bound Verda Tetteh Turns Down Scholarship From Fitchburg High CBS Boston

I say she's a conservative because that was her money and she gave it to someone else. Liberals give other people's money. I say she's a conservative because the doesn't believe the liberal rhetoric that she is a victim and no one can get ahead because the American Dream is dead or never existed. She knows that's a lie.

Now we'll wait to see if Harvard can turn her into a victim. I wish her well.

In case you're interested, Verda Tetteh is an immigrant from Ghana. She's sure as hell no Ilhan Omar.

there ya go...

not a local.
    "The nose, knows"

"Negros were like animals and they turned the streets into jungles”
    joe biden.
    #walkaway

"The Emperor Wears No Clothes"

Alumni Member Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranTagger First Class

Thanks
    Oh, hell yes. Years ago I was in a student bookstore buying a couple of textbooks. I wasn't a student at the university but the subject interested me. When I got to the cashier she said, "Are you a student? There's a discount on both these books."

Being basically honest I said, "No, I'm not a student."
    "Great, you both both half off."
    "You mean if I'm a student I pay full price but if I'm just in off the street it's half-price."
    "Right."
    "That doesn't make sense."

"It's up to the publisher."

Basically, students have to buy the books. I didn't have to.

One professor at Colorado State University wrote a textbook for his class. It included two pages of "work sheets". You have to fill out the work sheets, tear them out, and turn them in or you didn't pass his class. A copy of the pages wouldn't get you a passing grade. I thought that should be illegal but it wasn't. The university didn't even consider it unethical.

most of the time, students will sell their used textbooks in an attempt to get back some of the astronomical amount of money they charge for them.
    the student gets some money for next years books, the one buying the used book gets a price break, and the paper/book is reused saving a tree.

this scum sucking capitalist has insure her precious propaganda trite is never reused, sold or passed on...

they have to have the pages she requires them to turn in...no pages, no pass...w/o the pages, those school books, specific to her class, are a waste of resources...

not very "progressive" of them...
    "The nose, knows"

"Negros were like animals and they turned the streets into jungles”
    joe biden.
    #walkaway

"The Emperor Wears No Clothes"

Thread Information