User Tag List

Thread: Democrats hate...

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Overall activity: 64.0%

Oaxaca, Mexico, for over twenty years. Born and raised in Memphis, TN, and worked in Colorado.
    Thanks

Democrats hate...

...almost everything but the Constitution has a special place. It--gasp--restricts the all-powerful government.

"Just a few months after a federal court struck down a sweeping Pennsylvania ethics code for lawyers as unconstitutional, New York is considering similar versions.

"They are drawing the same warnings from First Amendment experts for creating something like a university speech code for lawyers that follows them even into social situations.

"The proposals would subject New York lawyers to official investigation and possible punishment for using undefined "derogatory" or "demeaning" language against protected classes, including race, sex, religion and gender identity."
    New York considers speech code for lawyers that federal court deemed unconstitutional | Just The News

Free speech? We don't need no stinkin' free speech in the USSA. The left has already made the First Amendment moot but they want to go farther. Does anyone have any doubt who this new speech-control law for attorneys would be used against?

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to patrickt For This Useful Post:

dinosaur (06-11-2021),Foghorn (06-11-2021),Lone Gunman (06-11-2021)

Senior Member V.I.P Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 68.0%

Thanks
    I suspect slight of hand. Since the government is composed of a lot of lawyers I wonder why they would go after their bread and butter. I am thinking that these types of laws are not to stop lawyers but to stop us.
    Parnellforsenate.com Let's Go Brandon

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Freewill For This Useful Post:

dinosaur (06-11-2021)

Alumni Member Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 26.0%

Thanks
    The left works by nibbling around the edges. It doesn't matter which part of the Constitution, or which Amendment we are talking about.

The ABA already has a rule. Are they using the rule to disbar or threatening to disbar any right wing lawyers?

Rule 8.4: Misconduct

The ABA is defending the rule, at least. Texas State Bar Defies Attorney General on Anti-Bias Rule Courthouse News Service

Lawyers and students are demanding the rule be used against certain people, at least. https://news.bloomberglaw.com/us-law...ar-cruz-hawley

The (g) section is supposedly only 5 years old. Looking at the political landscape when it was written, we know why and who it is directed towards.

The article mentions "University Speech Codes". Apparently, the 1st Amendment can be ignored in some parts of America. Who knew? If left unchallenged, then yep, the 1st Amendment is "moot".

Campus Speech Codes | The First Amendment Encyclopedia

That article has additional specific case references for anyone who is interested in going down the rabbit hole.

Oh, and be careful what you say at work. Being unemployed is bad for your health.

Here is how it works ...
    1. Make a rule that restricts a right.
    2. Courts strike down the rule as unconstitutional, citing "too vague".
    3. Ah, court has created an opening, the right is not absolute. Now we can argue about what wording is "too vague".
    4. Change some words to be more specific, and push the rule again.
    5. Rinse and repeat, over and over, until you get a favorable court ruling.
    6. Once accepted, change the wording again to get more restrictive and start the court review again.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dinosaur For This Useful Post:

Foghorn (06-11-2021),Lone Gunman (06-11-2021)

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Overall activity: 64.0%

Oaxaca, Mexico, for over twenty years. Born and raised in Memphis, TN, and worked in Colorado.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Freewill View Post
    I suspect slight of hand. Since the government is composed of a lot of lawyers I wonder why they would go after their bread and butter. I am thinking that these types of laws are not to stop lawyers but to stop us.
    They are to stop "some" lawyers. Care to guess which ones?

I have zero confidence in the Bar Associations or the courts to discipline lawyers. There is always sleight of hand where the punishment is secret.

Two judges in our city were found to have committed serious prosecutorial misconduct which resulted in a man being sent to prison for murder and released ten years later because the verdict was reversed. The two judges were "punished" by the state supreme court but the punishment was secret and invisible. Fortunately, there was a retention vote six months after the scandal and both judges were booted out of court.
    Last edited by patrickt; 06-11-2021 at 06:52 AM.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to patrickt For This Useful Post:

dinosaur (06-11-2021),Foghorn (06-11-2021),Lone Gunman (06-11-2021)

Thread Information