User Tag List

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: A Student Was Denied His Diploma For Wearing The Mexican Flag At Graduation

Guest ADMIN, IT Staff, Alumni IT Staff
    Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialRecommendation Second ClassCreated Blog entryTagger First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 1.0%

Thanks
    I found this curious. The school being threatened even more (with a shooting) if they don't give the kid his diploma. Way to go!

Asheboro school threatened after student denied diploma for Mexican flag (foxla.com)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrMike For This Useful Post:

Earl (06-07-2021),Rutabaga (06-07-2021)

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Overall activity: 45.0%

Oaxaca, Mexico, for over twenty years. Born and raised in Memphis, TN, and worked in Colorado.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Freewill View Post
    Are you wrapping yourself in the Irish flag and going to official functions? I never heard you say anything that would indicate you are proud to be Irish so why would I ask? Why would you since I assume you were born in the US and now life in Mexico.
    Are you trying to make a point? You ask me a question and answered it to the best of my ability. You ignored my answer and went to a question I asked.

When I was fired by an incompetent police chief he said I had to come back the next day. I laughed and said, "You just fired me. I don't have to do a damn thing."
    "Well, I will have a letter for you."
    "If this the one where you say if I'll go peacefully you give me money? How much?"
    "$75,000."
    I laughed again. I leaned across the table and the coward backed up and I said, "The Irish have been fighting the English for 600 fucking years. I'll fight you till hell freezes over."

Three years later the city wanted to settle. I demanded a public apology. When asked what I meant by public I said, "Television would work." They offered to double the money they'd give me, significantly more than $75,000, and give me my job back permanently if I would skip the public apology.

I said, "No."

The powers that were apologized on television. There was an English saying, "Don't fight with an Irishman or a pig. You'll get dirty and they enjoy it."

Yes, I'm proud of being of Irish descent. Proud enough that I don't tell tacky Polish jokes or Jewish jokes or black jokes or Mexican jokes. Everyone has a right to be proud except Democrats, leftists, and dickheads.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to patrickt For This Useful Post:

Brat (06-07-2021)

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 8.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMike View Post
    No matter who you are in this thread you need to do two things:

1) Quit calling those you disagree with racists
    2) Quit assuming others are criminals (calling them felons) because you disagree with them

Everyone has valid points and opinions, but do your best not to personalize it towards each other. It is not helpful to you, them or any case you are trying to make. It surely won't move either party towards a compromise of understanding.

Fair enough. I will be a gentleman and attempt to honor this code. However, I will bite back when I'm personally attacked and labeled incorrectly and unjustly for my opinions--even though I refrained from doing so in this thread. I cannot promise to do so in the future with this individual.

One thing, either way, is that FACTS are important. And actions always trump words. OTOH, not one of us is worthy to judge another, which is something learned the hard way.

As for the OP, we shall see just how this plays out...

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WVYankee For This Useful Post:

Brat (06-07-2021),Daily Bread (06-07-2021),Earl (06-07-2021)

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 8.0%

Thanks
    I found this curious. The school being threatened even more (with a shooting) if they don't give the kid his diploma. Way to go!

Asheboro school threatened after student denied diploma for Mexican flag (foxla.com)
    And there it is...

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WVYankee For This Useful Post:

Brat (06-07-2021),Earl (06-07-2021),Rutabaga (06-07-2021)

Alumni Member Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 15.0%

Thanks

great!

find the ones who made the threats and shoot them in the head...

problem solved!
    "The nose, knows"

"Negros were like animals and they turned the streets into jungles”
    joe biden.

Covid=$
    "The Emperor Wears No Clothes"

Alumni Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger First ClassOverdriveVeteran
    Overall activity: 0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    Exactly.

The tens of millions who come here illegally will be given amnesty by the Democrats, vote and be eligible for S.S., Medicare and welfare.

All without serving our country or paying into S.S. or Medicare (the Democrats have been advocating for Medicare for all).
    Yup ! My point was they don't want to invest the time and energy and sacrifices to make their own country great - they want to live the good life off our backs . If they're so damned good that take some pride and commitment and make their own country good .

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Daily Bread For This Useful Post:

Brat (06-07-2021),Earl (06-11-2021)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by StanAtStanFan View Post
    Pretty racist response to lay on a HS kid. What would be your response to a HS with an enrollment of 5000, and 62% Hispanic?

Obviously, you have no knowledge or expertise regarding America's Latino community. You are a bigoted racist, with what, less than 400 posts on file?

When you do some research on, oh, something like probable cause - a legal term needed to detain someone - instead of just saying he needs a psych evaluation, and is shooting up schools, perhaps some people will take you seriously. Meanwhile - to me you are just racist, with no life experiences relating to Latino's and probably, we will discover, not much else.

Stan
    You're generalizing just like him and you know it. We all do it at some point but most understand its because of the heat of the moment and in that context .

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Daily Bread For This Useful Post:

Earl (06-11-2021),Rutabaga (06-07-2021),WVYankee (06-08-2021)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris P Bacon View Post
    These Mexicans bought a house and moved in down the street on memorial Day of all f****** days they were flying a Mexican flag on their house flagpole not a f****** American flag in sight if you want to fly the damn flag at least make sure the American flags over the top of it if it's such a f****** great place then well take your ass on back
    That wouldn't go well up here on Long Island and we have our share of illegals on my block . There's 20 light poles on my street and there's been 20 American flags on brackets that we keep up and maintain 365 days a year . Virtually every American also flys their own Flag from the front of the house . A Marine/ Suffolk Cop moved in about 15 years ago and started the light poll flags and now we all maintain them and keep them displayed correctly . Even the Mexicans are putting them up now .
    I live in a great neighborhood .

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Daily Bread For This Useful Post:

Kris P Bacon (06-08-2021),Rutabaga (06-07-2021)

V.I.P. Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 15.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Brat View Post
    I don't have a problem with them withholding his diploma. Most schools have a strict standard for graduation garb.

I agree, it was a reasonable action to take at a very organized and serious ceremony. But it is only a HS kid.
    Withholding his diploma at the graduation ceremony - fine - ok - that ceremony is over. But the kid earned a HS diploma and he should be given it now - the school has no right to withhold it from him since he met the criteria to earn it. If they are not giving it to him to punish him for his actions at the graduation ceremony, those school officials are bums.

Stan

Clod Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassOverdrive1 year registered
    Awards:
    King of Publishing
    Overall activity: 99.7%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris P Bacon View Post
    Fuck it, let's all move to Mexico, the place must be half empty by now. Going in the local WalMart on Sunday, you might think you had.

Many have left town until the fall. The migrant harvesters follow the crops north into the summer months.

I actually dont mind most of them, they keep to themselves and don't bother you. They tend to travel in packs when walking but I think that is for safety.

The work buses are all old school buses, on Sunday they all take them shopping.
    We don't have to move to Mexico when they are coming here.

It's like the beer commercial says, "Mexico is in us."
    "That's because you're an ignorant dimwit whose main pastime is killing innocent owls." - UKSmartypants

Let em come, we are Millwall!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Authentic For This Useful Post:

Kris P Bacon (06-09-2021)

Thread Information