User Tag List

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: A Student Was Denied His Diploma For Wearing The Mexican Flag At Graduation

Senior Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registeredTagger First ClassSocial
    Overall activity: 46.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinnity View Post
    Trying to display the Mexican flag at his graduation is inappropriate and offensive in the current political and societal climate. But here's the bottom line from a common sense and old school pov. My HS principal would have him: you have a choice - wear what conforms to the dress code or you can't attend the graduation as a participant -you can pick up your diploma in the office afterward.

On a personal note, the kid can go to Mexico is it's so bad here; he should get a bill for that "free" education the citizens of his state paid for.
    Indeed, thanks, Trinnity.

Inappropriate and offensive are exactly right. It was another “in your face” from an ingrate who is wearing the flag of the country that is sending millions of illegals to violate our sovereignty and our laws...and our school rules.

This is a young punk who knew the rules and didn’t care.

It reminds me of the picture of a young Mexican girl with a Mexican flag giving a double middle finger at a rally in LA.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Earl For This Useful Post:

Rutabaga (06-08-2021),WVYankee (06-08-2021)

ADMIN IT Staff
    Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesVeteran
    Overall activity: 62.0%

Thanks
    Well, I sure don't want to see people on the forum fighting with each other and flinging insults. There's no need for that. Y'all got 3 mods on the thread saying play nice, so folks ought to get the hint.
    Respect the rules of the Forum.
    << Forum RULES >>

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trinnity For This Useful Post:

Earl (06-08-2021),Rutabaga (06-08-2021),WVYankee (06-08-2021)

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points3 months registered
    Overall activity: 14.0%

Thanks
    Well, I sure don't want to see people on the forum fighting with each other and flinging insults. There's no need for that. Y'all got 3 mods on the thread saying play nice, so folks ought to get the hint.
    I fear I'm responsible for much of this, but I'm not entirely at fault. I never opened up on a fellow poster within this thread and attacked his person, such as he did to myself and got away with. I could have responded with a tome of proof in response, replete with insults; particularly considering he "teaches" our youth in a high school (by his own admission in other threads) about his agendas amply provided here. But I refrained.

Words are paramount, and I could have chosen wiser ones. That's on me. His response to it is on HIM. The ensuing discussion in this very thread by others supports that.

That said, I now know who my friends are within this wonderful forum, just as I have discovered just who loves the same nation that I do, and who despises it.
    As to the topic at hand, this deserves following, now that it's made national headlines. FACTS are where real journalism is founded. When and IF the FACTS emerge, one of us needs to submit a formal apology.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WVYankee For This Useful Post:

Earl (06-09-2021),Rutabaga (06-08-2021)

Artless applejohn Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First Class3 months registeredOverdrive
    Awards:
    King of Publishing
    Overall activity: 99.7%

Thanks
    A Canadian is keeping an eye on things.
    Nobody likes us, we don't care!

Just being a Millwall fan is enough reason to trust a man.

Ignoring me could be beneficial.

ADMIN IT Staff
    Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesVeteran
    Overall activity: 62.0%

Thanks
    Obviously no one has been warned, infracted, or thread banned. We're all adults here and we can talk issues.

Like I said, the dress code is the dress code. Period. "You can pick up your diploma in the office." ....not rocket science. Why it was handled any differently is baffling. The dress code stays intact and the kid has the choice to obey the dress code or not participate. This wasn't hard.
    Respect the rules of the Forum.
    << Forum RULES >>

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trinnity For This Useful Post:

Earl (06-09-2021),WVYankee (06-09-2021)

50000 Experience PointsSocial1 year registered
    Overall activity: 92.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    Indeed.
    Well, he did manage to find one way to stand out during his four years in HS.

Let's see where he is in 10 years.... .

11. The Following User Says Thank You to WildRose For This Useful Post:

WVYankee (06-09-2021)

Thanks
    63% of Non-Citizen Households Access Welfare Programs

https://cis.org › Report › 63-NonCitizen-Households-Ac...

Nov 20, 2018 — Welfare use tends to be high for both newer arrivals and long-time residents. Of households headed by non-citizens in the United States for fewer ...

One in five US prison inmates is a 'criminal alien' | TheHill

https://thehill.com › opinion › immigration › 407312-o...

Welfare is the bait the Dem's use to get them here. They want to create a permanent, dependent underclass so that the dem's can then hold power as far into the future as they can see.

There was nothing stronger than "The Black Family" in 1960 and they managed to destroy that in just over a decade with, "The war on poverty". Proud men and women that worked their asses off and taught there kids conservative values see their dependent kids, grand kids and great grandkids and weep.

They want to do the same with the new "working class" in America, the Hispanics but hopefully they won't succeed.

Thanks
    I agree with your appellation, “little prick.”

Lest anyone consider that bigoted, my esposa is a Latina.

Daily Bread expressed my thoughts perfectly.

Mexico has never done anything noteworthy because its inhabitants don't produce , don't defend , have no honor , have no integrity .They come here because the tough work of building a successful country and the hard decisions on law and order and the backbone to maintain have been meticulously groomed and fought for in America .
    If won't fight for their land of birth - they won't fight for the beliefs this country is founded on .
    I'm tired of them coming here ,overweight , the best footwear and certainly not looking beaten up and complaining about how hard it is in their country . They come for an easy way out and the freebees.”

Succinct...to the point.

With the context of the millions who have ignored and violated our sovereignty and our immigration laws, Americans have a right to bear animosity to these invaders. They are NOT supposed to be here and that “little prick” can leave at any time.
    Virtually none of that is true. Mexico remains a shit hole of a country because for more than a hundred years it has been among the most corrupt countries on the planet. Today is is largely controlled by Drug Cartels who's money the politicians simply cannot refuse. There are a lot of very good people in Mexico but they cannot change their gov't nor the corruption that infests it.

One of the biggest mistakes the US ever made was giving it back to the Mexicans after we defeated them in the Mexican-American War. We should have annexed it. "The People of Mexico" get a bad wrap by people that don't understand the country at all.

Thanks
    Trying to display the Mexican flag at his graduation is inappropriate and offensive in the current political and societal climate. But here's the bottom line from a common sense and old school pov. My HS principal would have him: you have a choice - wear what conforms to the dress code or you can't attend the graduation as a participant -you can pick up your diploma in the office afterward.

On a personal note, the kid can go to Mexico if it's so bad here; perhaps he should get a bill for that "free" education the citizens of his state paid for. Kids do dumb things all the time. It's expected.
    He's a product of what our "Education System" which is nothing more than an extension of the Democratic Party has been teaching for the last decade or more. Hopefully he lives long enough to figure out just how much BS he's been fed in the name of "Public Education".

15. The Following User Says Thank You to WildRose For This Useful Post:

WVYankee (06-09-2021)

Your first GroupSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 1.0%

Thanks
    I missed all the drama from my high school graduation when I decided to skip it and go to an Elvis Presley concert instead. A lot more fun and interesting then 3 or 4 hours watching/listening to the school superintendent and other people blathering on and on about nothing I was interested in.

I was handed my diploma by the mailman about a month later. Most fitting if I don't say so. If I had to do it all over again, I'd definitely do it again.
    Check under the bed

-- Judge Crater, 1934

"Looks like the moon is crashing" --Oliver J. Fagworthy, 1946

Those who are blind from birth know no race; only that others are humans.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gamewell45 For This Useful Post:

Earl (06-09-2021),Trinnity (06-09-2021)

Thread Information