User Tag List

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast

Thread: A Student Was Denied His Diploma For Wearing The Mexican Flag At Graduation

Forum IT Staff, Alumni, Moderator IT Staff
    Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialRecommendation Second ClassCreated Blog entryTagger First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 32.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMike View Post
    No matter who you are in this thread you need to do two things:

1) Quit calling those you disagree with racists
    2) Quit assuming others are criminals (calling them felons) because you disagree with them

Everyone has valid points and opinions, but do your best not to personalize it towards each other. It is not helpful to you, them or any case you are trying to make. It surely won't move either party towards a compromise of understanding.
    Trying this nicely... everyone has valid points, don't turn this discussion into something it doesn't need to be.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MrMike For This Useful Post:

Earl (06-08-2021)

Senior Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registeredTagger First ClassSocial
    Overall activity: 55.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMike View Post
    Trying this nicely... everyone has valid points, don't turn this discussion into something it doesn't need to be.
    Indeed.

Specifically, post number 25:

Patrick: “Earl is probably a wanted felon hiding the the police.”
    Last edited by Earl; 06-08-2021 at 07:47 AM.

Alumni, Moderator Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second ClassVeteranYour first Group
    Overall activity: 26.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    Indeed.

Specifically, post number 25:

Patrick: “Earl is probably a wanted felon hiding the the police.”
    I suppose it is easy to take the verbal high ground in discussions. Anybody can do it, and most do at some point - myself included.

Sometimes the irony is so thick...it has to become funny. A former police officer - who by trade racially profiled - casting stones for calling a little prick a rat, and pointing out the "oh the horror" word of generalizing.

Oh wait. It's the internet. Police officers and the racial profiling issues is only a generalization. I bet the police officers, ex police officers and current and former prison guards NEVER racially profiled anybody in their long careers.

Hell, everybody does. The shambling stinking homeless mess of a human will cause a person to alter their course. So...that is an opportunity for someone to take the verbal moral high ground now in a discussion.

Stating ones disgust about the obvious is simply ammo for a verbal moral high ground discussion.

I think that HS kid is a little prick, and if there was any magical justice fairy that took orders from the generalizing mob of "fed ups" in our societies...I'd put in an order to punt his ass to Mexico permanently.
    DuckDuckGo is a leftist, Soros sponsored and financial contributor to the collective left. They are the proverbial wolf in sheeps clothing. They present themselves as an option away from the corrupt Google, when in fact...they are only a contrived option that really just gives money, and takes money from our ideological enemies. Qwant appears to be an option. Spread the word.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Canadianeye For This Useful Post:

Earl (06-08-2021),WVYankee (06-08-2021)

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 68.0%

Oaxaca, Mexico, for over twenty years. Born and raised in Memphis, TN, and worked in Colorado.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadianeye View Post
    I suppose it is easy to take the verbal high ground in discussions. Anybody can do it, and most do at some point - myself included.

Sometimes the irony is so thick...it has to become funny. A former police officer - who by trade racially profiled - casting stones for calling a little prick a rat, and pointing out the "oh the horror" word of generalizing.

Oh wait. It's the internet. Police officers and the racial profiling issues is only a generalization. I bet the police officers, ex police officers and current and former prison guards NEVER racially profiled anybody in their long careers.

Hell, everybody does. The shambling stinking homeless mess of a human will cause a person to alter their course. So...that is an opportunity for someone to take the verbal moral high ground now in a discussion.

Stating ones disgust about the obvious is simply ammo for a verbal moral high ground discussion.

I think that HS kid is a little prick, and if there was any magical justice fairy that took orders from the generalizing mob of "fed ups" in our societies...I'd put in an order to punt his ass to Mexico permanently.
    I realize liberals consider racial profiling a bad thing. They think profiling on any basis is a bad thing. In reality, it's called "playing the odds". Today, in Chicago, if a black man is shot on Saturday night, what are the odds that the shooter was another black man?

Then there's the silliness of "driving while black". That's what the dickhead who was driving 20 mph over the limit in a school zone says when he gets a ticket. Now, to the reality. If I was in La Colonia at 2 a.m. and saw a new white BMW with four white yuppie kids in it I stopped them. Not because they were white but because I couldn't imagine any legitimate business they would have in La Colonia at 2 a.m. The same would go for a Ford low-rider with four cholos in the neighborhood surrounding the Country Club at 2 a.m.

At the same time, I had good friends who were of Mexican descent. There were times I had to arrest someone in a Mexican bar and other patrons assisted me.

Most kids grow up. As they grow they learn. Some don't. Most of the people I arrested were adolescents but most were well over the age of 21. How can you tell an adolescent? The first two clues are, "What about me," and "It isn't fair."

So, the kids wasn't allowed to graduate with his class and that's fine. But, for some Canadian to whine that he should be kicked to Mexico, where he quite possibly has never been, is ludicrous. Not that it surprises me coming from one of them.
    Last edited by patrickt; 06-08-2021 at 08:53 AM.

Alumni, Moderator Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second ClassVeteranYour first Group
    Overall activity: 26.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
    I realize liberals consider racial profiling a bad thing. They think profiling on any basis is a bad thing. In reality, it's called "playing the odds". Today, in Chicago, if a black man is shot on Saturday night, what are the odds that the shooter was another black man?

Then there's the silliness of "driving while black". That's what the dickhead who was driving 20 mph over the limit in a school zone says when he gets a ticket. Now, to the reality. If I was in La Colonia at 2 a.m. and saw a new white BMW with four white yuppie kids in it I stopped them. Not because they were white but because I couldn't imagine any legitimate business they would have in La Colonia at 2 a.m. The same would go for a Ford low-rider with four cholos in the neighborhood surrounding the Country Club at 2 a.m.

At the same time, I had good friends who were of Mexican descent. There were times I had to arrest someone in a Mexican bar and other patrons assisted me.

Most kids grow up. As they grow they learn. Some don't. Most of the people I arrested were adolescents but most were well over the age of 21. How can you tell an adolescent? The first two clues are, "What about me," and "It isn't fair."

So, the kids wasn't allowed to graduate with his class and that's fine. But, for some Canadian to whine that he should be kicked to Mexico, where he quite possibly has never been, is ludicrous. Not that it surprises me coming from one of them.
    Who cares what you think? I think he's a little prick, and, I would like to see his ass kicked to Mexico.

I can say that, because I don't feel the need to portray a verbal moral high ground to anybody reading...you included. Especially you as a matter of fact.
    DuckDuckGo is a leftist, Soros sponsored and financial contributor to the collective left. They are the proverbial wolf in sheeps clothing. They present themselves as an option away from the corrupt Google, when in fact...they are only a contrived option that really just gives money, and takes money from our ideological enemies. Qwant appears to be an option. Spread the word.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Canadianeye For This Useful Post:

Earl (06-08-2021),Rutabaga (06-08-2021),WVYankee (06-08-2021)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadianeye View Post
    Who cares what you think? I think he's a little prick, and, I would like to see his ass kicked to Mexico.

I can say that, because I don't feel the need to portray a verbal moral high ground to anybody reading...you included. Especially you as a matter of fact.
    I agree with your appellation, “little prick.”

Lest anyone consider that bigoted, my esposa is a Latina.

Daily Bread expressed my thoughts perfectly.

Mexico has never done anything noteworthy because its inhabitants don't produce , don't defend , have no honor , have no integrity .They come here because the tough work of building a successful country and the hard decisions on law and order and the backbone to maintain have been meticulously groomed and fought for in America .
    If won't fight for their land of birth - they won't fight for the beliefs this country is founded on .
    I'm tired of them coming here ,overweight , the best footwear and certainly not looking beaten up and complaining about how hard it is in their country . They come for an easy way out and the freebees.”

Succinct...to the point.

With the context of the millions who have ignored and violated our sovereignty and our immigration laws, Americans have a right to bear animosity to these invaders. They are NOT supposed to be here and that “little prick” can leave at any time.
    Last edited by Earl; 06-08-2021 at 09:47 AM.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Earl For This Useful Post:

Rutabaga (06-08-2021),WVYankee (06-08-2021)

Thanks
    Hopefully, it does change, and we're allowed to wear whatever we want," he said. "I did what I had to do – represent, wear my flag and show my colors."

He received a free education in America and “his” colors are the Mexican colors and he wore “his flag.”

The”flag” of the United States is the American flag. Millions have fought and died to defend it.
    Last edited by Earl; 06-08-2021 at 09:48 AM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Earl For This Useful Post:

Rutabaga (06-08-2021)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Freewill View Post
    OK, someone tell me what there is proud to be about Mexico? What, other than huge drug organizations, has Mexico contributed to making the world better?

We are made to believe that those at the boarder are political refugees fleeing persecution. OK, if that is true then why in hell show pride in a flag that represents a country that never did a thing for you? Yes, he may have family in Mexico that his family in America helps support but that certainly isn't a reason to be proud.

No, all the kids is doing is his parent's wishes. In your face America, he'll take all the benefits without the loyalty to the country that provided those opportunities. Opportunities his country he has an apparent love for never provided.

I hope the school sticks to their guns but I doubt they will.
    Indeed!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Earl For This Useful Post:

Rutabaga (06-08-2021)

ADMIN IT Staff
    Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    TPF Moderator
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesVeteran
    Overall activity: 70.0%

Thanks
    Trying to display the Mexican flag at his graduation is inappropriate and offensive in the current political and societal climate. But here's the bottom line from a common sense and old school pov. My HS principal would have him: you have a choice - wear what conforms to the dress code or you can't attend the graduation as a participant -you can pick up your diploma in the office afterward.

On a personal note, the kid can go to Mexico if it's so bad here; perhaps he should get a bill for that "free" education the citizens of his state paid for. Kids do dumb things all the time. It's expected.
    Last edited by Trinnity; 06-08-2021 at 01:01 PM.
    Respect the rules of the Forum.
    << Forum RULES >>

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trinnity For This Useful Post:

Earl (06-08-2021),Rutabaga (06-08-2021),WVYankee (06-08-2021)

Alumni Member Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 37.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinnity View Post
    Trying to display the Mexican flag at his graduation is inappropriate and offensive in the context for of current political and societal reasons. But here's the bottom line from a common sense and old school pov. My HS principal would have him: you have a choice - wear what conforms to the dress code or you can't attend the graduation as a participant -you can pick up your diploma in the office afterward.

On a personal note, the kid can go to Mexico is it's so bad here; he should get a bill for that "free" education the citizens of his state paid for.

i agree..if he earned his diploma, theres no reason he should not get it...

he just hasnt "earned" the right to participate in a dog and pony show.

he "earns" that right by following the dress code.

nobodies making him do anything...he's refusing to comply..his choice.
    "The nose, knows"

"Negros were like animals and they turned the streets into jungles”
    joe biden.
    #walkaway

"The Emperor Wears No Clothes"

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rutabaga For This Useful Post:

Earl (06-08-2021),WVYankee (06-08-2021)

Thread Information