Thread: RINO List

Alumni Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsOverdriveSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 10.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gator Monroe View Post
    My Congresscritter is not on that list (But many of you so called Free Staters can't say the same
    I'm a borderline "Free Stater" (Arizona) after the last election and there isn't a single one from this state on the list.

Member Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class250 Experience Points31 days registered
    Overall activity: 1.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    Interesting that you see it that way. Not surprising.

It's not so much about Trump as it is the rule of law and our Constitution. The people on that list voted to ratify a vote that was fraudulent. They voted that the presidential candidate declared as POTUS by the Media to be valid and binding. The actual vote of the people was discarded by those people on the list.

Those people voted against the will of their constituents.
    Respectfully, you're talking about a different group of people. If you look at the list in the OP, many of these alleged "RINOs" voted AGAINST certifying the electoral college vote in January. That is to say, not only are they on the record as conservatives, but they even stood with their party against accepting the election.

You see what's happening here?
    They're reliable conservative policy votes - doesn't matter.
    Pro-life, pro-2A - doesn't matter.
    Pro-tax cut - doesn't matter.
    Pro-Israel - doesn't matter.
    Pro-election security/questioned 2020 - doesn't matter.

Trump calls them out for ONE vote, not even about law or policy but just to support a bipartisan investigation, and BOOM! Suddenly they aren't really Republican anymore and have to go.

That's not the action of a party cares about policy.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Prof. Dilettante For This Useful Post:

pjohns (05-22-2021)

Alumni Member Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassRecommendation First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 79.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Dilettante View Post
    Respectfully, you're talking about a different group of people. If you look at the list in the OP, many of these alleged "RINOs" voted AGAINST certifying the electoral college vote in January. That is to say, not only are they on the record as conservatives, but they even stood with their party against accepting the election.

You see what's happening here?
    They're reliable conservative policy votes - doesn't matter.
    Pro-life, pro-2A - doesn't matter.
    Pro-tax cut - doesn't matter.
    Pro-Israel - doesn't matter.
    Pro-election security/questioned 2020 - doesn't matter.

Trump calls them out for ONE vote, not even about law or policy but just to support a bipartisan investigation, and BOOM! Suddenly they aren't really Republican anymore and have to go.

That's not the action of a party cares about policy.
    Both your example and mine prove a pattern. What I stated was correct. The name list might fluctuate, but what they are doing is something other than the will of the people they represent.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jen For This Useful Post:

12icer (06-10-2021),nonsqtr (05-21-2021)

Member Achievements:

Thanks
    Both your example and mine prove a pattern. What I stated was correct. The name list might fluctuate, but what they are doing is something other than the will of the people they represent.
    ??? Is there polling on that? I canít find it. How do you know what the constituents of all those districts think on this commission?

Im not far from Fitzpatrickís district in Pa. He kept his seat but the district went for Biden over Trump. Iíd pretty strongly wager that, is asked, the people of PA 1 would decidedly support a Jan 6 commission.

V.I.P
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassRecommendation First ClassVeteran

Thanks
    ??? Is there polling on that? I can’t find it. How do you know what the constituents of all those districts think on this commission?

Im not far from Fitzpatrick’s district in Pa. He kept his seat but the district went for Biden over Trump. I’d pretty strongly wager that, is asked, the people of PA 1 would decidedly support a Jan 6 commission.
    I am stating personal opinion based on my own observation. Personal opinion doesn't rely on polling that can be manipulated to serve the pollsters own agenda.

I don't know what forums you have been posting on, but (personal opinion again) I have seen many forums where people confuse personal opinion with the stating of fact. Some posters there chase a person around the board demanding "proof" or "sources" for things states as personal opinion based on that posters observation and experience. I hope you aren't a person who does silly stuff like that, but your hounding me on my personal opinion suggested to me that we needed to have this conversation.

I always quote sources if I am stating what I believe to be fact. If I do not quote sources.........then it is my personal opinion. Know the difference.
    Last edited by Jen; 05-21-2021 at 06:37 PM.

Member Achievements:

Thanks
    I am stating personal opinion based on my own observation. Personal opinion doesn't rely on polling that can be manipulated to serve the pollsters own agenda.

I don't know what forums you have been posting on, but (personal opinion again) I have seen many forums where people confuse personal opinion with the stating of fact. Some posters there chase a person around the board demanding "proof" or "sources" for things states as personal opinion based on that posters observation and experience. I hope you aren't a person who does silly stuff like that, but your hounding me on my personal opinion suggested to me that we needed to have this conversation.

I always quote sources if I am stating what I believe to be fact. If I do not quote sources.........then it is my personal opinion. Know the difference.
    Ok. Having opinions is fine. But I guess then the question is, are we to the point of labeling pro-life, pro-2A, anti-tax, conservative Republicans "RINOs" and wanting them tossed out solely because they didn't vote 100% in line with their constituents current opinion on one issue? That still seems kind of crazy right?

And by that logic, why is the list only those who vote for the commission? I mean, it seems at plausible that a few of those who voted against the commission come from districts where, if asked, a plurality of the populace would express support for it. Why aren't they on the chopping block too? Why only the ones who voted contrary to Trump's will?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Prof. Dilettante For This Useful Post:

pjohns (05-22-2021)

V.I.P
    Achievements:

Thanks
    Ok. Having opinions is fine. But I guess then the question is, are we to the point of labeling pro-life, pro-2A, anti-tax, conservative Republicans "RINOs" and wanting them tossed out solely because they didn't vote 100% in line with their constituents current opinion on one issue? That still seems kind of crazy right?

And by that logic, why is the list only those who vote for the commission? I mean, it seems at plausible that a few of those who voted against the commission come from districts where, if asked, a plurality of the populace would express support for it. Why aren't they on the chopping block too? Why only the ones who voted contrary to Trump's will?
    Most people would check out their votes.... not their stated opinions.... on various issues then decide whether they deserve to stay in office or not.

I appreciate that list because now I will watch that person from my state and see how she votes.

One vote wouldn't make the decision, but it can certainly give a heads up to watch the other votes of the person. Keep in mind that a person we've elected can say they are pro-life while their vote says something else.

Trump is really irrelevant in all of this. I don't know anyone who looks to Trump to give them their belief on everything. He gave an opinion. If we trust his opinion we will start paying attention to those he opined about and then decide for ourselves.

Member Achievements:

Thanks
    Most people would check out their votes.... not their stated opinions.... on various issues then decide whether they deserve to stay in office or not.

I appreciate that list because now I will watch that person from my state and see how she votes.

One vote wouldn't make the decision, but it can certainly give a heads up to watch the other votes of the person. Keep in mind that a person we've elected can say they are pro-life while their vote says something else.

Trump is really irrelevant in all of this. I don't know anyone who looks to Trump to give them their belief on everything. He gave an opinion. If we trust his opinion we will start paying attention to those he opined about and then decide for ourselves.
    That sounds fair. I think you should absolutely look up the votes. There are lots of places to do it, but Heritage puts together a handy conservative scorecard and highlights major votes. (Rep. French Hill - Scorecard 117: 98% | Heritage Action For America - this ones for French Hill, who I thought had an amusing name). Check your own reps record.

I suspect you'll find that a lot of these people have superb conservative credentials, yet somehow here they are anyway, blasted as fake Republicans who should be kicked out. This is why I'm saying that, looking from the outside, it seems like the GOP is rapidly abandoning principle and policy in order to drop anyone in their ranks who doesn't stand up and support one man: Donald Trump.
    Last edited by Prof. Dilettante; 05-21-2021 at 07:33 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Prof. Dilettante For This Useful Post:

pjohns (05-22-2021)

V.I.P
    Achievements:

Thanks
    That sounds fair. I think you should absolutely look up the votes. There are lots of places to do it, but Heritage puts together a handy conservative scorecard and highlights major votes. (Rep. French Hill - Scorecard 117: 98% | Heritage Action For America - this ones for French Hill, who I thought had an amusing name). Check your own reps record.

I suspect you'll find that a lot of these people have superb conservative credentials, yet somehow here they are anyway, blasted as fake Republicans who should be kicked out. This is why I'm saying that, looking from the outside, it seems like the GOP is rapidly abandoning principle and policy in order to drop anyone in their ranks who doesn't stand up and support one man: Donald Trump.
    I know how to look up votes. I've been doing it for years.

Member Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class50000 Experience Points31 days registered
    Overall activity: 3.0%

Thanks
    Exactly! The Democrats are, at least, working at ramming through legislature now that they have the edge. The Reps didn't even do that much when we gained power between the Obama and Trump administrations. Yes, there were some good Reps trying to get things done (like Cruz). But, how much help was the rest of the party giving? Then, Trump comes in like a bull in a China shop and shakes up the ivory tower telling the Reps to get a backbone. Not only did he open the eyes of conservatives as to how lackadaisical the party was getting, he woke up Reps all over the country to demand better out of our party and our legislation, hence the voter reform bills going through all the Rep led legislatures across the country. Plus, a number of states are pushing anti-"Big Tech" bills to protect citizens from being banned on social media. No, I don't call Trump our leader. Just someone who got the GOP to wake up and look around at what was going on this whole time.

As for the list, all I ask is that people take into consideration how hard they were actually fighting before all this.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crcook84 For This Useful Post:

Jen (05-21-2021),Kurmugeon (06-03-2021)

Thread Information