User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Neo a victim in a minor Traffic accident.

Banned Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    *Update*

I went online to my car insurance company and got a 24/7 claim telephone number, I eventually got through to a rather nice Indian chap called Gupta, he went through the details with me, I lost him a couple of times with his English accent but we muddled through.

It was a call centre in India, they just take details whilst the proper Brit handlers are having their gin and tonics at this late hour.

Gupta promised me I would be having a phone call off a Brit handler tomorrow, he asked me to give him a password so the handler would know it’s the real Neo…. When he heard my password he asked me to spell it several times. Heh heh. (I did it for devilment)
    I worked in the Server Team for a while when in Local government IT. Being the custodians of the company server passwords there were two cardinal rules 1. no one changes a central system server password with notifying a line Manager 2. All passwords must be recorded in a central list, kept in a fireproof safe, this was only place they were allowed to be written down, so writing passwords down was otherwise a disciplinary offence. That included your own account password, because you were server team and had special access privs.

If you forgot your password you thus had to get it reset. The ignomy of this was if you did have to ask for a password reset they would set it to "supercalifragilisticexpialidocious", to teach you not to be stupid.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to UKSmartypants For This Useful Post:

darroll (05-20-2021),dinosaur (05-20-2021),Hairball (05-20-2021),Oceander (05-19-2021)

Alumni Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 10.0%

Thanks
    This evening I took my wife for her 2nd vaccination, I parked up and waited for her outside with my engine running, handbrake on.

An old woman drove near and creased the back end of my car, she drove away 20yards and got out, also I got out and took a picture of her registration, she started shouting at me when I asked her for her details, she was honking mad.
    She went back to her Volkswagen transporter and got pen and paper and wrote her details off.
    A crowd of people gathered, I called the police, when she found out was calling the police I must have turned away from her, she turned my engine off and took my car keys and drove off.
    A passer by told me whilst I was on the phone that he had seen her do it.

A sergeant in a quick response cop car took my details and radioed in to stop the woman in the VW transporter.

Suffice to say she wasn’t local, she was from another county, the Police sergeant told me the pursuit car officers had found my keys.

Her driving licence has expired, and she is being done for that, she passed a breath test and was not drunk.
    Her insurance will be null and void because of the fact her driving licence has expired.
    Unfortunately she parked a mile away after the fact and phoned the police she found some keys and was on her way to a police station to hand them in when she was stopped, so the cops wont be doing her for theft of my keys.
    Her VW transporter has been compounded and taken off her.

So now it’s just up to me to sort my insurance company out tomorrow…… hopefully.

The witness told the police that I was very calm surprisingly.

The pursuit cops who stopped her brought my keys back to me and said “that was a very angry 70 year old woman”

Don't mess with old women. They look nice and friendly but... . LOL. Sounds like you handeled it with grace and good sense .What else can you do.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to donttread For This Useful Post:

12icer (05-20-2021),dinosaur (05-20-2021),Hairball (05-20-2021),Neo (05-20-2021)

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranSocialTagger First Class
    Awards:
    Community AwardMost Popular
    Overall activity: 9.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Authentic View Post
    "Hi, Barbara. I have someone for the prayer chain. A crazy woman in UK who drove without a license, hit another vehicle, stole the other drivers keys, and then pretended that she found them."
    Hi Meatball, are you a judge, jurist, cop, the woman is your mother, sister, neighbor? Like you, the woman is mentally ill. She has had her car impounded, faces incarceration and a hefty fine, all because of a "crease". So tough guy whut ya gonna do, put her in the general population, sterilize her, cut off her hands? Let us know.

FWIW I do like many of your posts, but I think you are off the mark on this one. JMWinPR
    Last edited by JMWinPR; 05-20-2021 at 03:27 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to JMWinPR For This Useful Post:

Neo (05-20-2021)

Banned Achievements:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JMWinPR View Post
    Hi Meatball, are you a judge, jurist, cop, the woman is your mother, sister, neighbor? Like you, the woman is mentally ill. She has had her car impounded, faces incarceration and a hefty fine, all because of a "crease". So tough guy whut ya gonna do, put her in the general population, sterilize her, cut off her hands? Let us know.

FWIW I do like many of your posts, but I think you are off the mark on this one. JMWinPR

Well no, i disagree. The fact is when you put someone behind the steering wheel, they sometimes turn into some sort of psycho. The fact is the UK is a small island, and you cannot behave like that. Theres too many people and too many cars, so there is no room for lunatics. Ive had experience with Road Rage idiots, morons tailgating me, cutting me up, racing me, trying to stop me merging in, . I even had a dick who pretended to be a cop and tried to get me to pull over, another crazy woman who took umbrage cos i drove the opposite way to the arrows in a supermarket car park, looking for a space, and walked over, yanked the door open, itching for a fight.

Theres too many crazies. They need culling.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to UKSmartypants For This Useful Post:

12icer (05-20-2021),darroll (05-20-2021),dinosaur (05-20-2021),Hairball (05-20-2021),Neo (05-20-2021)

Somewhere nice Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 49.0%

Thanks
    *Update*

This morning I had to phone my insurance company as they did not ring at the arranged time for them to do do so.

Anyhow the bloke had my details and went thru my options. An accident valuation man/woman will call to arrange inspection/valuation of my car and the damage.

Nothing left to do but just await the cops to text me the incident number, whenever that is?
    Vote Reform U.K.

Rip Wes.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Neo For This Useful Post:

dinosaur (05-20-2021),Hairball (05-20-2021)

V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by UKSmartypants View Post
    Well no, i disagree. The fact is when you put someone behind the steering wheel, they sometimes turn into some sort of psycho. The fact is the UK is a small island, and you cannot behave like that. Theres too many people and too many cars, so there is no room for lunatics. Ive had experience with Road Rage idiots, morons tailgating me, cutting me up, racing me, trying to stop me merging in, . I even had a dick who pretended to be a cop and tried to get me to pull over, another crazy woman who took umbrage cos i drove the opposite way to the arrows in a supermarket car park, looking for a space, and walked over, yanked the door open, itching for a fight.

As I am an ex secondary modern school council house yob she was lucky, a crowd of people were on the other side of the road, also a few CCTV cameras.

As Smarty knows I come from the rough part of town from my adolescent 1970s upbringing. Think of the Manchester Utd boot boy will give you an idea of my past mentality.

Of course the old dear wouldn’t have said a word out of place to me without her audience and safety of cameras.
    Vote Reform U.K.

Rip Wes.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Neo For This Useful Post:

dinosaur (05-20-2021),Hairball (05-20-2021)

Banned Achievements:

Thanks
    *Update*

This morning I had to phone my insurance company as they did not ring at the arranged time for them to do do so.

Anyhow the bloke had my details and went thru my options. An accident valuation man/woman will call to arrange inspection/valuation of my car and the damage.

Nothing left to do but just await the cops to text me the incident number, whenever that is?

insurance wont pay out as someone else liability without it.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to UKSmartypants For This Useful Post:

dinosaur (05-20-2021)

Alumni Member Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger First ClassSocial
    Overall activity: 25.0%

Thanks
    Soory your car was damaged, and sorry you now have an out of pocket expense you really didn't want or need, along with the inconvenience.

Here in the states most insurance companies force us to take the "uninsured motorist" coverage, but I have never used it thankfully, so I don't know if the deductible amount applies. Also, in the USA, we have small claims court. I don't know if you have anything similar there. Do you have something like Judge Judy? You could soon be famous and on TV!

Anyway, good luck going forward. Conspiracy theorists can now add car damage as a side effect of the experimental Covid Vaccines ...

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dinosaur For This Useful Post:

darroll (05-20-2021),Hairball (05-20-2021),Neo (05-20-2021)

V.I.P
    Achievements:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dinosaur View Post
    Soory your car was damaged, and sorry you now have an out of pocket expense you really didn't want or need, along with the inconvenience.

Here in the states most insurance companies force us to take the "uninsured motorist" coverage, but I have never used it thankfully, so I don't know if the deductible amount applies. Also, in the USA, we have small claims court. I don't know if you have anything similar there. Do you have something like Judge Judy? You could soon be famous and on TV!

Anyway, good luck going forward. Conspiracy theorists can now add car damage as a side effect of the experimental Covid Vaccines ...
    I’m a poor victim.
    Vote Reform U.K.

Rip Wes.

Alumni Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 10.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by UKSmartypants View Post

When you say "preventing me from merging in" do you mean after you have stayed in the soon to be closed line too long and tried to force your way in before the barracades? Because that is a pet pieve of mine and I admit not letting those guys in. I'll dent my car before I let those guys in. LOL

The best line I ever heard about getting pissed off while driving is this.

"I HATE tailgaters , the only this worse is those damned slow drivers in front of me"

19. The Following User Says Thank You to donttread For This Useful Post:

12icer (05-20-2021)

Thread Information