User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Midlife Crisis

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranSocial
    Overall activity: 49.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FlameHeart View Post
    Can someone over 30 please tell me it's going to be okay? I just entered my mid 20's (24 on April 22nd) and I feel like time is running out, that I should have accomplished more. I'm still trying to complete undergrad with at least 3 more semesters to go.

I'm in a midlife crisis
    My degrees sit in the bottom of a junk drawer under a bunch of coupons. Some people say coopins, I say coupons.

But anyway. I never even went into the field I studied. Was it a waste of time? I don't think so. I still have those interests. But more so from a hobbyist perspective, I suppose.

As far as life, I've actually found it more enjoyable since turning 50 a few months ago. I bought my first vette two years ago. Probably gonna pick up another one down the road. Been looking at retirement properties in Florida, but the gators , I dunno about them. The Carolina beaches are nice. So that may be an option. I thought about California, but I don't wanna live under those tyrants. Huh uh.

Anyway. Life seems to get better as you get older. Once all of your life responsibilities are fulfilled. You can sit on the beach all day under a palm tree near one of those tiki huts and drink those little fruity things with the pink umbrellas in em.

Don't blow your money is all I'd say. Someone told me that early on in life. I listened. They were right.
    Last edited by Natty C; 05-06-2021 at 10:57 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Natty C For This Useful Post:

donttread (05-06-2021),Oceander (05-06-2021)

Senior Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocial1 year registered
    Overall activity: 70.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Natty C View Post
    My degrees sit in the bottom of a junk drawer under a bunch of coupons. Some people say coopins, I say coupons.

But anyway. I never even went into the field I studied. Was it a waste of time? I don't think so. I still have those interests. But more so from a hobbyist perspective, I suppose.

As far as life, I've actually found it more enjoyable since turning 50 a few months ago. I bought my first vette two years ago. Probably gonna pick up another one down the road. Been looking at retirement properties in Florida, but the gators , I dunno about them. The Carolina beaches are nice. So that may be an option. I thought about California, but I don't wanna live under those tyrants. Huh uh.

Anyway. Life seems to get better as you get older. Once all of your life responsibilities are fulfilled. You can sit on the beach all day under a palm tree near one of those tiki huts and drink those little fruity things with the pink umbrellas in em.

Don't blow your money is all I'd say. Someone told me that early on in life. I listened. They were right.

We just bought a semi-retirement home in florida and there are gators in the neighborhood. Bit I don't worry about them, attacks on humans are pretty rare

Senior Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocial1 year registered
    Overall activity: 70.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FlameHeart View Post
    Can someone over 30 please tell me it's going to be okay? I just entered my mid 20's (24 on April 22nd) and I feel like time is running out, that I should have accomplished more. I'm still trying to complete undergrad with at least 3 more semesters to go.

I'm in a midlife crisis
    No the midlife crisis is 15 years from now when you buy a sports car and hit on 20 somethings.
    I am considering a 3/4 life crisis where I buy a flashy SUV ( because I can't get out of a sports car) and hit on the 20 somethings moms (because I can't even convice me I could hanle those young things)

Time is not running out but it will eventually. Keep on your path . Have you considered online courses?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to donttread For This Useful Post:

FlameHeart (05-06-2021)

Games People Play Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteranCreated Blog entryTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 7.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Natty C View Post
    My degrees sit in the bottom of a junk drawer
    That's worth consideration.

BUT...it's well-nigh impossible to GET STARTED without credentialing, meaning a DE-GREE, in this farked up age.

Thread Information