User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cornell Students Defending Segregated Rock Climbing Course Highlights Elite Fragility

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points3 months registered
    Overall activity: 50.0%

Thanks

Cornell Students Defending Segregated Rock Climbing Course Highlights Elite Fragility

"According to the Cornell Daily Sun, a local school paper, controversy ensued when news of the class, “BIPOC Rock Climbing,” where BIPOC stands for “black, indigenous, and people of color,” triggered outrage and a “wave of media coverage” which led the university to remove the initial ban on white student enrollment."

Cornell Students' Defense Of Segregated Climbing Highlights Elite Fragility (thefederalist.com)

It's a shame to see how far we have digressed in such a short period of time.
    Last edited by NRAforlife; 05-04-2021 at 04:43 PM.
    "Wake early if you want another man's life or land. No land for the lazy wolf. No battle's won in bed' - A Viking saying (Edda of Saemund the Wise)

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to NRAforlife For This Useful Post:

Conservative Libertarian (05-04-2021),dinosaur (05-04-2021),Earl (05-06-2021),Lone Gunman (05-04-2021),navigator2 (05-04-2021),Northern Rivers (05-04-2021),Oceander (05-04-2021),Rutabaga (05-04-2021)

Loki Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First Class3 months registeredOverdrive
    Awards:
    King of Publishing
    Overall activity: 99.7%

Thanks
    Separate but equal is inherently unequal.
    I have recently been upgraded from third rate troll to middle tier.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Authentic For This Useful Post:

Conservative Libertarian (05-04-2021)

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 23.0%

Thanks
    I think if any group wants to establish membership restrictions they should all have the right to do so. I have no problem with an all black mountain climbing club as long as there could be an all white group as well. We should all have the right to free association with whomever we choose.
    “The greatest good you can do for another is not just share your riches, but to reveal to him his own.”

Benjamin Disraeli

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Felix Birdbiter For This Useful Post:

Frankenvoter (05-04-2021),Lone Gunman (05-04-2021),nonsqtr (05-04-2021),Northern Rivers (05-04-2021),NRAforlife (05-04-2021),potlatch (05-04-2021)

Alumni Member Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 99.5%

Thanks
    the left has always liked segregation...remember, they brought us the jim crow laws...
    "The nose, knows"

"Negros were like animals and they turned the streets into jungles”
    joe biden.
    #walkaway

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rutabaga For This Useful Post:

Conservative Libertarian (05-04-2021),Earl (05-06-2021),Lone Gunman (05-04-2021),WVYankee (05-04-2021)

50000 Experience Points3 months registered
    Overall activity: 18.0%

Thanks
    And these jackwads are supposed to be the "smart" people? All I see here is their level of hypocrisy shining through. As usual...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to WVYankee For This Useful Post:

Lone Gunman (05-04-2021)

Senior Member Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 43.0%

Thanks
    I worked for a big corporation. We had Affinity Groups. Each Affinity Group had a VP sponsor. You can guess, there were groups for gay people, and women, and black people, etc, but nowhere was there an Affinity Group for young, white, male, hetero engineers. My logical conclusion was that there were no such young, white, male, hetero engineers. My wonderful, enlightened company would never be exclusive to any group; they were woke!

So where did you find the young, white, male, hetero engineers, you ask? Why at SAE, SME, ASM, AWS, and AQE professional society meetings, of course. And all these Affinity Group members complained about not being able to advance in their chosen fields. Two face palms, cuz two hands is all I got.
    Last edited by dinosaur; 05-04-2021 at 07:14 PM.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dinosaur For This Useful Post:

Dr. Felix Birdbiter (05-04-2021),Lone Gunman (05-04-2021),WVYankee (05-05-2021)

Senior Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 13.0%

Thanks
    I don't have a problem with separate but equal. It's what our fucking Constitution spells out. Freedom of association, but not necessarily of exclusion. WTF is wrong with the woke intellectually broke MF'ers?
    https://media3.giphy.com/media/s8lZxA5Jmempa/giphy.gif[/IMG]

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to navigator2 For This Useful Post:

Lone Gunman (05-04-2021),nonsqtr (05-04-2021),WVYankee (05-05-2021)

50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 49.0%

Thanks
    They're probably affirmative action scholarship recipients, which means guess who pays for their education at Cornell? That's right, we do. Elite schools like Cornell, Harvard and Yale set aside guaranteed places for black and Latino students every year. The government picks up the cost of their education, and the drop out rate is ridiculously high. More inefficient bs that doesn't exist in serious countries like China or Japan.
    "I will never vote for Donald Trump because I stand with free markets and religious freedom and personal responsibility. Donald Trump stands against all of these things. He stands for trade restrictions and and an anti-morality foreign policy and government domination of religion and nastiness toward women and tacit appeals to racism and unbounded personal power. I stand with conservatism. Donald Trump stands against it. I stand with #NeverTrump."
    - Ben "Phony" Shapiro, March 4, 2016

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hermannsdenkmal For This Useful Post:

Rutabaga (05-05-2021),WVYankee (05-05-2021)

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 23.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermannsdenkmal View Post
    They're probably affirmative action scholarship recipients, which means guess who pays for their education at Cornell? That's right, we do. Elite schools like Cornell, Harvard and Yale set aside guaranteed places for black and Latino students every year. The government picks up the cost of their education, and the drop out rate is ridiculously high. More inefficient bs that doesn't exist in serious countries like China or Japan.
    That really has nothing to do with black rock climbers not wanting non black climbers for what ever reason. No one knows the intellectual capacity of the climbers (although personally I believe anyone who climbs rocks for fun has serious mental issues!!).

What about segregation by criteria other than race? Like an all Jewish or all Catholic community, or an over 55 community? I can point to two very separate neighborhoods in the Baltimore MD area that would not allow property to be put up for sale. All perspective buyers had to be recommended by others already in the neighborhood and passed by the Community Associations. One was a lower middle class neighborhood that wanted to keep the area Polish, the other was a posh island that was gated and off limits to outsiders. Should those be outlawed as well?
    Last edited by Dr. Felix Birdbiter; 05-04-2021 at 08:30 PM.
    “The greatest good you can do for another is not just share your riches, but to reveal to him his own.”

Benjamin Disraeli

50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 49.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Felix Birdbiter View Post
    That really has nothing to do with black rock climbers not wanting non black climbers for what ever reason. No one knows the intellectual capacity of the climbers (although personally I believe anyone who climbs rocks for fun has serious mental issues!!).

What about segregation by criteria other than race? Like an all Jewish or all Catholic community, or an over 55 community? Should those be outlawed as well?
    There are Jewish Only student groups on campus. Jared Kushner belonged to one while at Harvard. Of course this idea was struck down legally many decades ago, when women sued to be let into male student clubs, Jews sued to be let into WASP clubs, and so on and so forth. I didn't comment directly on the story because its par for the course that blacks and others, having gained entrance to elite schools, now want to exclude whites from as much of life on campus as possible. Desegregation was a mistake. It will always be a mistake. Now conservatives are learning that blacks and minorities want segregation themselves, as long as they have access to everything white people created, they don't need white people. This was warned 100 years ago. Lincoln warned of it 160 years ago. We keep chasing our tails and not learning anything. :shrugs:
    Last edited by Hermannsdenkmal; 05-04-2021 at 08:36 PM.
    "I will never vote for Donald Trump because I stand with free markets and religious freedom and personal responsibility. Donald Trump stands against all of these things. He stands for trade restrictions and and an anti-morality foreign policy and government domination of religion and nastiness toward women and tacit appeals to racism and unbounded personal power. I stand with conservatism. Donald Trump stands against it. I stand with #NeverTrump."
    - Ben "Phony" Shapiro, March 4, 2016

Thread Information