User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cornell Students Defending Segregated Rock Climbing Course Highlights Elite Fragility

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    Overall activity: 64.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Felix Birdbiter View Post
    I think if any group wants to establish membership restrictions they should all have the right to do so. I have no problem with an all black mountain climbing club as long as there could be an all white group as well. We should all have the right to free association with whomever we choose.
    As well as Congressional White Caucus, White Entertainment Channel, WLM and the NAAWP...among others.
    It's not how you find the notes...it's how your fingers leave them. That's who you are.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Northern Rivers For This Useful Post:

Earl (05-06-2021)

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    Overall activity: 64.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermannsdenkmal View Post
    There are Jewish Only student groups on campus. Jared Kushner belonged to one while at Harvard. Of course this idea was struck down legally many decades ago, when women sued to be let into male student clubs, Jews sued to be let into WASP clubs, and so on and so forth. I didn't comment directly on the story because its par for the course that blacks and others, having gained entrance to elite schools, now want to exclude whites from as much of life on campus as possible. Desegregation was a mistake. It will always be a mistake. Now conservatives are learning that blacks and minorities want segregation themselves, as long as they have access to everything white people created, they don't need white people. This was warned 100 years ago. Lincoln warned of it 160 years ago. We keep chasing our tails and not learning anything. :shrugs:

You never answered: was your mama scared by a bagel and lox?
    It's not how you find the notes...it's how your fingers leave them. That's who you are.

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 53.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Rivers View Post

You're welcome to debate me on anything I've said on this forum. I challenge you to do so. Until then, I don't need more of your dumb troll replies gramps
    "I will never vote for Donald Trump because I stand with free markets and religious freedom and personal responsibility. Donald Trump stands against all of these things. He stands for trade restrictions and and an anti-morality foreign policy and government domination of religion and nastiness toward women and tacit appeals to racism and unbounded personal power. I stand with conservatism. Donald Trump stands against it. I stand with #NeverTrump."
    - Ben "Phony" Shapiro, March 4, 2016

Senior Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialYour first Group1 year registeredRecommendation Second ClassTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 66.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Rivers View Post

I once worked with a Jewish guy who's Dad operated a deli, we waited with baited breath for it to be his week to bring the weekly meeting munchies. Those Bagels and Lox and various cream cheeses were insanely good!
    Wow, that's an old memory...
    Scientist, Evangelical Christian - reformed, father, entrepreneur, hunter, outdoorsman, motorcyclist, Constitutional Conservative.

Senior Member Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger Second Class1 year registered
    Overall activity: 61.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dinosaur View Post
    I worked for a big corporation. We had Affinity Groups. Each Affinity Group had a VP sponsor. You can guess, there were groups for gay people, and women, and black people, etc, but nowhere was there an Affinity Group for young, white, male, hetero engineers. My logical conclusion was that there were no such young, white, male, hetero engineers. My wonderful, enlightened company would never be exclusive to any group; they were woke!

So where did you find the young, white, male, hetero engineers, you ask? Why at SAE, SME, ASM, AWS, and AQE professional society meetings, of course. And all these Affinity Group members complained about not being able to advance in their chosen fields. Two face palms, cuz two hands is all I got.
    Sounds like where I worked.
    " salute the marines "
    "salute the marines"

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Call_me_Ishmael For This Useful Post:

dinosaur (05-05-2021)

Senior Member Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 76.0%

Thanks
    As I read the OP, this did not sound like a field trip or a walk in the park, or a visit to the nearest REI store. This was a class offering by the University.

This one is so simple, even a dinosaur can figure it out. This is discrimination, plain and simple.

Forget the "rock climbing". Forget "BIPOC". Any class or curriculum should be open to all academically qualified candidates. What if Ornithology 440: Advanced Concepts of Field Observation was restricted to "MMGW believers" only? What if Math 400 Advanced Calculus is restricted to white only students?

Know Your Rights

The feds should be threatening to pull all Pell Grants from the school, and the Dean and Department Head responsible should be raked over the coals for this one.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dinosaur For This Useful Post:

Earl (05-06-2021),Hermannsdenkmal (05-05-2021)

Thread Information