User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trial of two paras accused of shooting IRA killer is on brink of collapse

Senior Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 56.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubler9 View Post
    Speaking as an Irishman - I am strongly against the persecution of these British soldiers. The IRA and the Loyalists have been let off the hook for committing major atrocities. It is a scandal that UK Governments over the years had not the guts and sense of justice to allow these soldiers to lead a normal life without this fear of court action hanging over them.
    We have, in the UK, witnessed major killings repeatedly by extremist Muslims - and yet our mainstream media and big tech slime censor your comments if you mention the word MUSLIM in connection with deadly attacks against British people.
    Tony Blair murdered many thousands yet we pay his security of 4 and Half Million pounds per year.

This is the website to watch for the truth

Islam: The Politically Incorrect Truth

Last edited by UKSmartypants; 05-05-2021 at 12:47 PM.
    For Official use only. Please do not write in this space.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. The Following User Says Thank You to UKSmartypants For This Useful Post:

Oberon (05-05-2021)

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 24.0%

Thanks
    I could never keep the assortment of 'IRA's' clear on who was who. I don't really know why GB clung to northern Ireland after 1916, either, that was nor particularly noble, but it also never justified setting bombs off in public streets and knee capping children, either, and the modern versions of the IRA look to me to be no different than a street gang of thugs controlling the dope business and other organized crime rackets. That in turn doesn't justify Ian Paisley's thuggery either, so I guess I don't have a solution either, other than executing bombers and their associates and backers for murdering civilians like savages.
    Last edited by Oberon; 05-05-2021 at 05:27 PM.

Senior Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 56.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I could never keep the assortment of 'IRA's' clear on who was who. I don't really know why GB clung to northern Ireland after 1916, either, that was nor particularly noble, but it also never justified setting bombs off in public streets and knee capping children, either, and the modern versions of the IRA look to me to be no different than a street gang of thugs controlling the dope business and other organized crime rackets. That in turn doesn't justify Ian Paisley's thuggery either, so I guess I don't have a solution either, other than executing bombers and their associates and backers for murdering civilians like savages.

The potential division of the country into six Northern Irish counties and twenty-six Southern Irish counties was included in the Fourth Irish Home Rule Bill of 1920 in order to try to reconcile the conflicting wishes of Irish nationalists (mainly Catholics) and unionists(mostly Protestants), which had caused the earlier three bills to fail and led to the Home Rule Crisis. Irish unionists – concentrated in the Northern Ireland province of Ulster wished to remain part of Great Britain, while nationalists were eager to achieve whatever independence from the UK they could.

And the reason for all THAT was because historically the North was full of Protestants, who were a majority in the North, and the Catholics were a majority in the South, and they hated each other, because of the Battle of the Boyne 1689 (Protestants 1, Catholics 0) and the Great Schism in the Catholic Church created by Martin Luther and the Reformation, and the creation of Protestantism in 1529 (Protestants 1, Catholics 0 again)

So it all goes back to the ability of Irish Catholics to hold a grudge for 500 years.

And the only solution is to keep the two sides apart, which is why the British were in NI in the 1960's and 1970's .

And yes, since the 'war' is over the IRA have repurposed themselves as a criminal gang no different to the Mafia or Cosa Nostra. Extortion, protection, drugs, guns, numbers, they are in there, a little bunch of wannabe Al Capones.

And as a bye word, we get pissed off at Biden threatening us about NI and the Good Friday Agreement. The only people to threaten the peace in NI is the Eu, who keep threatening to install a hard border between Eire and NI. We dont want a border , and have no intention of enforcing one if we can get away with it, but it will be the stupid political games the Eu is playing, by threatening a hard border, that would make the GFA collapse and the IRA would then start bombing and shooting again. So the idiot Biden needs to a) get his facts straight and b) butt out, its none of his damn business.
    Last edited by UKSmartypants; 05-06-2021 at 04:10 AM.
    For Official use only. Please do not write in this space.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5. The Following User Says Thank You to UKSmartypants For This Useful Post:

Oberon (05-06-2021)

Thread Information