User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trial of two paras accused of shooting IRA killer is on brink of collapse

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 7.0%

Thanks

Trial of two paras accused of shooting IRA killer is on brink of collapse

THE trial of two paras accused of shooting dead an IRA killer is on the brink of collapse.

A judge ruled the soldiers’ accounts of the incident cannot be used as evidence.

The veterans, in their 70s, are accused of murdering in Belfast in 1972 Joe McCann, a hardline IRA commander who killed at least 15 British soldiers.

The only evidence against the vets, Soldiers A and C, comes from their own testimony.

Their initial interviews, given to the Royal Military Police, had already been thrown out because the troops, when compelled to answer questions, were not placed under caution.

They also did not have access to legal representation.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/148195...k-of-collapse/
    Last edited by Moonie; 05-04-2021 at 03:44 PM.
    Please go back and enjoy your pre-slavery roots.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Moonie For This Useful Post:

dinosaur (05-04-2021),Lone Gunman (05-04-2021)

Senior Member Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 76.0%

Thanks
    I guess us yanks on this side of the pond are going to need more background info. Were these two soldiers in service of the crown when said murder took place? If so, why are they being charged with murder of a rebel commander?

And why now, if they made statements immediately after the fact? What political motive is involved?

My grandfather served in Ireland shortly after WWI. He said it was the worst experience of his life. It wasn't long after that, he left the Midlands and came to America.
    Last edited by dinosaur; 05-04-2021 at 04:18 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to dinosaur For This Useful Post:

JMWinPR (05-05-2021)

Not capable of thinking V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First Class3 months registeredOverdrive
    Awards:
    King of Publishing
    Overall activity: 99.7%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dinosaur View Post
    I guess us yanks on this side of the pond are going to need more background info. Were these two soldiers in service of the crown when said murder took place? If so, why are they being charged with murder of a rebel commander?

And why now, if they made statements immediately after the fact? What political motive is involved?

My grandfather served in Ireland shortly after WWI. He said it was the worst experience of his life. It wasn't long after that, he left the Midlands and came to America.
    In the War of Independence? Or what I suppose the Brits call the Anglo-Irish War?
    Last edited by Authentic; 05-04-2021 at 04:49 PM.
    What if he was a lesbian outlaw, half Ellen Degenerate and half Antifa?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Authentic For This Useful Post:

dinosaur (05-05-2021)

Thanks
    The killer McCann was just that. A killer. And was brought to justice.

Being half Irish myself, and having served in the British Army, I hope he got the rounds in the stomach.

The Irish left Ireland because it's dive (outside of some of its partially appealing landscape). And Dublin was effectively built by the English.

The native singing and dancing are okay.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Moonie For This Useful Post:

dinosaur (05-05-2021)

Overall activity: 19.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    .A judge ruled the soldiers’ accounts of the incident cannot be used as evidence.
    That seems fair. I wish they would do this more often.

Those soldiers better pick a faith and seek forgiveness before they pass away to the next life.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to kazenatsu For This Useful Post:

dinosaur (05-05-2021)

Senior Member V.I.P Achievements:
    Overall activity: 60.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dinosaur View Post

They were soldiers serving in Northern Ireland, in the 1970's, whereby the British Government was forced to put troops on the streets to stop civil war.

And yes, the Looney lefties and IRA supporters have had this idea that all the soldiers that shot IRA terrorists should be tried for murder, completely ignoring the fact most of the people they shot were murdering terrorists that shot and bombed not only the soldiers but innocent civilians.

The worst miscarriage of justice here is that as part of the Good Friday Agreement that brought peace, Blair gave everyone in the IRA a free pardon and immunity from prosecution, but didn't extend that to the soldiers.

At the time, these two soldiers were under the impression they were telling what happened just for the record. They were not told it might lead to a prosecution, they were not cautioned, read their rights or given legal representation. The terrorists legal people have already tried once to prosecute these men using the same evidence, and it got thrown out because of the way it was obtained. All they did then was try and repackage it and disguise it and try again. There is no other evidence.

Boris said he would stop this, and failed to act, and so the Veterans Minister resigned.

Its absolutely outrageous to treat these men like this. How can you possibly accuse such men of murder 50 years down the line, when it was the State gave them a gun and told them to shoot terrorists, and then that what they then did, as per orders.
    Last edited by UKSmartypants; 05-05-2021 at 03:37 AM.
    For Official use only. Please do not write in this space.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to UKSmartypants For This Useful Post:

dinosaur (05-05-2021),Oceander (05-05-2021)

Senior Member Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    Overall activity: 76.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by UKSmartypants View Post
    They were soldiers serving in Northern Ireland, in the 1970's, whereby the British Government was forced to put troops on the streets to stop civil war.

And yes, the Looney lefties and IRA supporters have had this idea that all the soldiers that shot IRA terrorists should be tried for murder, completely ignoring the fact most of the people they shot were murdering terrorists that shot and bombed not only the soldiers but innocent civilians.

The worst miscarriage of justice here is that as part of the Good Friday Agreement that brought peace, Blair gave everyone in the IRA a free pardon and immunity from prosecution, but didn't extend that to the soldiers.

At the time, these two soldiers were under the impression they were telling what happened just for the record. They were not told it might lead to a prosecution, they were not cautioned, read their rights or given legal representation. The terrorists legal people have already tried once to prosecute these men using the same evidence, and it got thrown out because of the way it was obtained. All they did then was try and repackage it and disguise it and try again. There is no other evidence.

Boris said he would stop this, and failed to act, and so the Veterans Minister resigned.

Its absolutely outrageous to treat these men like this. How can you possibly accuse such men of murder 50 years down the line, when it was the State gave them a gun and told them to shoot terrorists, and then that what they then did, as per orders.
    That's about what I figured. My grandfather didn't talk about his service much, but he had just lost a brother in France in WWI, and it wasn't the Irish that upset him, but what the commanders and politicians made them do, or not do, that bothered him. On the positive side (my grandfather had a typical British sense of humor) he said the best day was when they all had to line up and present for the visiting PM, and his commander was down shining their boots while they stood at attention, to make sure they looked good. Said it made him smile.

Thanks
    Try not to afflict Catholicism on the peasantry.

They're already confused by no longer having a liege lord to obey!

Overall activity: 12.0%

Thanks
    Speaking as an Irishman - I am strongly against the persecution of these British soldiers. The IRA and the Loyalists have been let off the hook for committing major atrocities. It is a scandal that UK Governments over the years had not the guts and sense of justice to allow these soldiers to lead a normal life without this fear of court action hanging over them.
    We have, in the UK, witnessed major killings repeatedly by extremist Muslims - and yet our mainstream media and big tech slime censor your comments if you mention the word MUSLIM in connection with deadly attacks against British people.
    Tony Blair murdered many thousands yet we pay his security of 4 and Half Million pounds per year.

“The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal.” – Aristotle

Thanks
    Last edited by Moonie; 05-05-2021 at 11:46 AM.

Thread Information