User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mother & daughter face criminal charges after rigging school queen vote

Senior Member V.I.P Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 99.3%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Authentic View Post
    It is also OK for Hillary to delete 30,000 emails from a private server.
    Letting Hillary off the hook tells others that they too can break the law, the end justifying the means.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Freewill For This Useful Post:

darroll (05-04-2021),dinosaur (05-04-2021),Lone Gunman (05-04-2021)

Senior Member Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 83.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Freewill View Post
    I am not sure that it matches perfectly but isn't this about the same as we accuse the democrats doing during the election? I will bet if the democrats are caught doing something with the machines in GA there will be cries of lynching on this board.

Dishonesty should be punished and punished severely. That said, I don't think it warrants jail time. Taking care of the little stuff takes care of the big stuff.
    You're right, but none of us think this is right, or should be excused. The disconnect is the severity of the punishment. These stupid people go to jail (possibly) while serious crimes with serious consequences go unpunished. That is the problem.

Rigged homecoming queen election? Pfft! Back in the old days, before smartphones, this was simply a matter of ballot stuffing, and yeah, ballot harvesting by the "clique". Kid is expelled. Mom is without a job. That is a severe punishment that fits the crime. A GED follows you throughout your life. As does a job resume that includes firing for vote fraud.

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points3 months registeredSocial
    Overall activity: 41.0%

Thanks
    Actually it is the same as any type of unauthorized access to private records and should be handled as if it were an attempt to extort some price from the victims.
    It required intent, it required a conspiracy to commit the breach, yes real jail time no matter if they voted for Trump.
    THERE can be only ONE!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to 12icer For This Useful Post:

dinosaur (05-04-2021)

Senior Member Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    Overall activity: 83.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 12icer View Post
    Actually it is the same as any type of unauthorized access to private records and should be handled as if it were an attempt to extort some price from the victims.
    It required intent, it required a conspiracy to commit the breach, yes real jail time no matter if they voted for Trump.
    Naw, I don't want my Florida tax dollars supporting their sorry asses. I think the expulsion/job loss/publicity is enough punishment. Save prison for crimes that really hurt people. Homecoming queen is butthurt stuff. Surely you don't want butthurt snowflakes to put all us in jail just because they get a bit butthurt? That's the level for this crime.

Oh, make them register as Democrats. That'll teach them!

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dinosaur For This Useful Post:

donttread (05-05-2021),kazenatsu (05-05-2021),Northern Rivers (05-04-2021)

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 25.0%

Thanks
    She stole the choice of her classmates to choose the actual winner of the title. A mere slap on the wrist tells her and her classmates elections don't really matter. All that really matters is getting what you want by doing whatever it takes.

FWIW, there is a near zero probability of them getting anywhere near the maximum sentence. They may get a year with a suspended sentence. Plus she will probably be hired by a Russian Telemarketing company to hack into various data bases.
    “The greatest good you can do for another is not just share your riches, but to reveal to him his own.”

Benjamin Disraeli

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Felix Birdbiter For This Useful Post:

dinosaur (05-04-2021),donttread (05-05-2021),Oberon (05-05-2021)

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    Overall activity: 72.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Authentic View Post
    It is also OK for Hillary to delete 30,000 emails from a private server.
    And, flaunt it, publicly!!!
    It's not how you find the notes...it's how your fingers leave them. That's who you are.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Northern Rivers For This Useful Post:

Authentic (05-05-2021),dinosaur (05-04-2021)

50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 28.0%

Thanks
    I am not sure that it matches perfectly but isn't this about the same as we accuse the democrats doing during the election? I will bet if the democrats are caught doing something with the machines in GA there will be cries of lynching on this board.

Dishonesty should be punished and punished severely. That said, I don't think it warrants jail time. Taking care of the little stuff takes care of the big stuff.
    A lot of sentencing could be in the form of some public service work, picking up trash along the highways, painting school buildings, etc.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Oberon For This Useful Post:

dinosaur (05-05-2021)

Overall activity: 19.0%

Thanks
    This almost seems like more of an issue for the school district to handle with disciplinary action than it does to have the state get involved with criminal charges.

It's obvious the "FOCUS" computer system was not that secure and almost kind of casual. I don't think the legislators who passed those laws really envisioned them being applied in a case exactly like this.
    Last edited by kazenatsu; 05-05-2021 at 01:56 AM.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kazenatsu For This Useful Post:

dinosaur (05-05-2021),NORAD (05-06-2021)

Senior Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocial1 year registered
    Overall activity: 57.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Felix Birdbiter View Post
    She stole the choice of her classmates to choose the actual winner of the title. A mere slap on the wrist tells her and her classmates elections don't really matter. All that really matters is getting what you want by doing whatever it takes.

FWIW, there is a near zero probability of them getting anywhere near the maximum sentence. They may get a year with a suspended sentence. Plus she will probably be hired by a Russian Telemarketing company to hack into various data bases.
    But just being eligible for that sentences will scare them into a plea deal. And that is how our justice system works. If everyone went to trail the backlog would probably be a decade. DA's like to talk about trying cases but a high percentage are pleas often forced by over the top sentence maxs or simply given to co conspirators in serious crimes for testimony they don't even really need.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to donttread For This Useful Post:

dinosaur (05-05-2021),kazenatsu (05-05-2021),Oberon (05-05-2021)

3 months registered50000 Experience Points
    Overall activity: 24.0%

Thanks
    Letting Hillary off the hook tells others that they too can break the law, the end justifying the means.
    This is who we are now. Personal accountability left the room long ago.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to covfefe saved us For This Useful Post:

Oberon (05-05-2021)

Thread Information