Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: In Defense of Chauvin

Super Moderator Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 99.2%

Thanks
    I basically agree with Katzenatsu....Chauvin should NOT have kept his knee on his neck. He should not have kept him on the ground once he was secured, especially when he asked for help and said he could not breathe.

However Chauvin did not murder him and should not have been tried for murder...
    ALL LIVES MATTER My Life, your life, our childrens lives, all childrens lives. Making it only SOME lives matter, divides us and fosters hatred and violence

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 19.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by msc View Post
    Where I find Chauvin accountable is exactly as you stated: an obligation to apply DUTY OF CARE. It is my understanding that Chauvin was aware, or with his experience should have been aware, that Floyd was on some kind of drugs. This, with 19 years on the force, there is no excuse for him to not understanding that the obvious state of panic that Floyd was in, combined with an unknown amount of drugs, can cause death. Chauvin did not show any consideration for the health condition that Floyd was clearly, currently in.
    Chauvin was not one of the first officers on the scene. He arrived in later, after backup was called in.

He might not have been aware that Floyd had communicated to officers he was having difficulty breathing earlier, before the struggle begin.

Floyd may have started screaming he couldn't breathe later, but that likely would not have been very convincing because of the irrationally hysterical way Floyd was speaking (probably due to the influence of the drugs), and suspects do often say things like that to be manipulative in these situations, to try to reduce the immediate pressure being applied against them, and it is very common for suspects in normal situations to start having more trouble breathing in those type of restraint positions after getting exhausted from struggling, which should be cause for concern but doesn't always mean something is wrong.
    Last edited by kazenatsu; 05-04-2021 at 12:12 PM.

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 11.0%

Thanks
    I regard the offence of Reckless Endangerment to properly fit the behaviour by Chauvin. I form this view totally objectively.
    The 3 charges on the indictment for trial seem to me to be the spiteful action of political expediency from an anti - cop, pro BLM objective.

“The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal.” – Aristotle

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    Overall activity: 72.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nonsqtr View Post
    An appeal should be granted if a juror was tainted.
    It's not how you find the notes...it's how your fingers leave them. That's who you are.

Senior Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 3.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Rivers View Post
    The cop went too far and Floyd's life was never destined to end well. That's my call.

Saying that...the true test of justice in America...is whether or not an appeal would be granted in this case. The prosecution was a travesty.....
    Shoulda zip tied that piece of shit to the cage in the back of the police car and let the coroner pick his ass up after he OD'd. Darwin was making his pickup, let him take care of it and been done with it.
    https://media3.giphy.com/media/s8lZxA5Jmempa/giphy.gif[/IMG]

6. The Following User Says Thank You to navigator2 For This Useful Post:

Brat (05-04-2021)

Alumni Member & VIP Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 72.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubler9 View Post
    I regard the offence of Reckless Endangerment to properly fit the behaviour by Chauvin. I form this view totally objectively.
    The 3 charges on the indictment for trial seem to me to be the spiteful action of political expediency from an anti - cop, pro BLM objective.
    No, according to Minnesota law, when reckless endangerment results in a homicide it's automatically third degree murder. That's the middle of the three charges, and it was also the original charge. If you'll recall the 2nd degree was added by the then-Minnesota AG.

Thread Information