Thread: Bill & Melinda Gates splitting up after 27yrs

Alumni Member Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranSocial
    Overall activity: 78.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
    I heard John Kerry has already tried to get a date with Melinda Gates.
    He better hope the Ketchup Queen doesn't get wind of it.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to East of the Beast For This Useful Post:

Madison (05-03-2021),potlatch (05-03-2021)

Senior Member Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassCreated Blog entry1 year registeredSocial
    Overall activity: 35.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by potlatch View Post
    That's an interesting story darroll. Somewhere I had a picture of 4 of those big 'Tech' guys together when they were young. They all were kinda 'nerdy' looking guys and often those types aren't especially good at socializing. Obviously many of them had to overcome that.
    Bill wore flip flops in the IBM building. That was white shirt and tie only. He was always trying to borrow money, his parents were loaded and would not loan him any money. He was trying to buy IBM's heart (DOS). They sold him controlling interest if I remember that far back. He was sure good at P-code.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to darroll For This Useful Post:

potlatch (05-03-2021)

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 91.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by East of the Beast View Post
    He better hope the Ketchup Queen doesn't get wind of it.
    Wealth. Heinz and Kerry signed a prenuptial agreement and have kept their premarital assets separate. Heinz has declined to disclose her personal tax returns, citing family trusts and privacy. She is estimated to be worth between $750 million and $1.2 billion.
    Last edited by Madison; 05-03-2021 at 06:42 PM.
    We can judge the heart of a nation by his treatment of animals.

"One slice of bacon a day keep the Muslims away, add pork juice in Hallal food"

"The're friends who will offer advice and wisdom. They're are cowgirls who come blasting through your door with whiskey, weapons, a shovel, and a plan! "

NEW PRESIDENT OF UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND OF CANADA*DONALD J. TRUMP

Btw..Kurt Cobain was murdered

https://thepoliticsforums.com/thread...8-Memorial-KDC

*Rest In Peace Rickity Plumber*

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Madison For This Useful Post:

East of the Beast (05-03-2021),potlatch (05-03-2021),US Conservative (05-03-2021)

50000 Experience PointsSocialCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    Overall activity: 51.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Oceander View Post
    I wonder who the little floozy is?
    Rosie O'Donnell?
    You're only as good as your last performance.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Northern Rivers For This Useful Post:

Dr. Felix Birdbiter (05-03-2021),Oceander (05-03-2021)

V.I.P
    Achievements:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Madison View Post
    Wealth. Heinz and Kerry signed a prenuptial agreement and have kept their premarital assets separate. Heinz has declined to disclose her personal tax returns, citing family trusts and privacy. She is estimated to be worth between $750 million and $1.2 billion.
    Poor thing.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to East of the Beast For This Useful Post:

Hillofbeans (05-03-2021)

50000 Experience PointsSocialCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    Overall activity: 51.0%

Thanks
    She'll still keep 1/2 of the company. I KNOW how that goes. Watch his hair fall out, now.....
    You're only as good as your last performance.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Northern Rivers For This Useful Post:

East of the Beast (05-03-2021),Hillofbeans (05-03-2021)

V.I.P
    Achievements:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Rivers View Post
    Rosie O'Donnell?
    Damn, brother!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to East of the Beast For This Useful Post:

Northern Rivers (05-03-2021)

Truth Seeker, Alumni Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassVeteranCreated Blog entryOverdrive
    Overall activity: 1.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by darroll View Post
    Bill wore flip flops in the IBM building. That was white shirt and tie only. He was always trying to borrow money, his parents were loaded and would not loan him any money. He was trying to buy IBM's heart (DOS). They sold him controlling interest if I remember that far back. He was sure good at P-code.
    I could picture him wearing flip flops. But I didn't know his parents were wealthy as I never read much about him.

Truth Seeker, Alumni Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassVeteranCreated Blog entryOverdrive
    Overall activity: 1.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Madison View Post
    Kerry liked to marry rich women, she was the 2nd one but can't remember her name. Don't know what they saw in him though, lol.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to potlatch For This Useful Post:

Hillofbeans (05-03-2021),Madison (05-03-2021)

50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 91.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by potlatch View Post
    Kerry liked to marry rich women, she was the 2nd one but can't remember her name. Don't know what they saw in him though, lol.
    She died in 2006

Early life

Thorne was born in New York City, the daughter of Alice Smith (Barry) and Landon Ketchum Thorne, Jr. Her maternal great-grandfather was journalist David S. Barry and her paternal great-great-grandfather was Alfred Lebbeus Loomis, a physician who served as president of the Association of American Physicians. Her brothers are Landon Ketchum Thorne III of Beaufort, South Carolina and her twin brother David Thorne of Brookline, Massachusetts. She spent much of her childhood in Rome and attended the international school, Marymount in Rome while her brother David attended the Overseas School of Rome. Her father had been appointed to a diplomatic post and was publisher of The Voice of the Daily American. She attended the Foxcroft School in Middleburg, Virginia. She took classes at the New York School of Interior Design and Radcliffe College.

Thorne met Kerry in 1963 at her family's estate in Bay Shore, New York on Long Island. Kerry was a Yale classmate of Thorne's twin brother David. Thorne married Kerry on May 23, 1970 and divorced on July 25, 1988, after a six-year separation. She and John had two daughters together:
    Alexandra Forbes Kerry (born 1973)
    Vanessa Bradford Kerry (born 1976)

During their marriage, Julia began showing signs of depression and later wrote that she had at one time contemplated suicide. She overcame depression by 1990, and by all accounts the two had an amicable relationship.

She married Richard J. Charlesworth in 1997 and they moved to Bozeman, Montana. On

May 7, 1997, two years after his remarriage, Kerry publicly announced that he had requested an annulment from the Roman Catholic Church of his marriage to Thorne.

Kerry's 2004 presidential campaign

She endorsed Kerry's 2004 presidential campaign, stating, "I think he is an immensely talented statesman, and I am 100 percent behind him".

She was the author of the books You Are Not Alone: Words of Experience and Hope for the Journey Through Depression (1993) (with Larry Rothstein) (ISBN 0-06-096977-6) and A Change of Heart: Words of Experience and Hope for the Journey Through Divorce (1996) (ISBN 0-06-095105-2).

Death

She was being treated for transitional-cell carcinoma, a form of cancer. Thorne died of bladder cancer in Concord, Massachusetts.
    Ancestry

Julia Thorne was a direct eleventh generation descendant of John Bowne, a defiant activist in the struggle for religious freedom. William Thorne Sr., third signatory of the Flushing Remonstrance is also an ancestor. Thorne was also a distant cousin of John Kerry through their common ancestor Elizabeth Fones.

References

Julia Thorne Wikipedia
    Last edited by Madison; 05-03-2021 at 07:13 PM.
    We can judge the heart of a nation by his treatment of animals.

"One slice of bacon a day keep the Muslims away, add pork juice in Hallal food"

"The're friends who will offer advice and wisdom. They're are cowgirls who come blasting through your door with whiskey, weapons, a shovel, and a plan! "

NEW PRESIDENT OF UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND OF CANADA*DONALD J. TRUMP

Btw..Kurt Cobain was murdered

https://thepoliticsforums.com/thread...8-Memorial-KDC

*Rest In Peace Rickity Plumber*

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Madison For This Useful Post:

potlatch (05-03-2021),US Conservative (05-03-2021)

Thread Information