User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Women's sports attire...

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 31.0%

Thanks
    FEMALE Gymnastics: THAT is a sport that the Transfreaks won't be able to compete in...
    Al Swearengen: What's your partner so mad about all the time?
    Sol Star: He's not mad.
    Al Swearengen: He's got a mean way of being happy.

Third rate troll V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First Class3 months registeredOverdrive
    Awards:
    King of Publishing
    Overall activity: 99.7%

Thanks
    The best part of the 1999 Women's World Cup came outside of game time, when Brandi Chastain removed her shirt.

That is the only reason many people know her name.
    Spend a penny, step outside for a fag, and Bob's your uncle!

Senior Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocial1 year registered
    Overall activity: 76.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
    Sarah Voss, a German gymnast, is taking on the sport for their requirements to wear leotards.

Okay, I'm not a sports fan. But, I do enjoy watching women's gymnastics. I even enjoy some of the amazing routines. I also watch women's beach volleyball.

I wonder how many men would watch women's sports if they all dressed like soccer players? I wonder what the percentage of the women's soccer audience is male versus the percentage that is male for women's gymnastics or women's beach volleyball?

Sports, even amateur sports, is driven by big money and the big money is driven by audience size. In women's sports, uniforms are a factor in audience size.

Is nude pole dancing on the agenda for the Olympics?
    A lot of female pro golfers and tennis players are also models. Some of these gals are unbelievably....,. fit. It's part of the turf. Not that looks hasn't hurt Tom Brady's brand either.
    It is the entertainment industry after all. Which appears to be such a good way to make bucks because it seems to be pretty good at marginalizing price competition.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOneOnly2 View Post
    Winifer Fernandez.

I watch some gymnastics on youtube but I have never watched an event. I have also never watched a game of volleyball.

I like Australian womens basketball/WNBL - they used to wear leotard things but they went to shorts and I think its a pretty good idea because they are basketball players not whores. I watch WNBL because the players are talented and they have exciting games. I also enjoy watching womens Rugby League for same reason.

They made a statue of this womens AFL player in Victoria because people made sexists comments to her on twitter about this photo -

Attachment 59496

I agree that people shouldnt harass her on twitter or make her feel uncomfortable but giving her a statue for it was dumb. Apparently they have just made a documentary about her too.

My favourite womens Rugby League player is Kezie Apps.

Attachment 59497

I dont think women should have to whore themselves to get men to watch their sport because a lot of womens sport is worth watching anyway but at the same time I dont think it hurts if they are attractive I guess.

I dont watch WNBA but I watched the final of the under 19s FIBA womens World Cup match between Australia and USA last year and it was one of the best and most exciting basketball games I have ever seen. Australia lost the game on a tech foul called on Isobel Anstey who elbowed a US player in the face after taking a rebound. It was a terrible call. Australia should have won. But I was really impressed with US player Hailey Van Lith. She is clutch.

Attachment 59498

Hailey Van Lith. Im a big fan.

Half the sales of the entire entertainment industry are and always have been about sex/looks. From your grandma's favorite leadibng man to tennis dresses and just about everywhere in between. You know the NFL has the biggest female following of the 4 major sports I believe. And the NFL just happens to feature slabs of muscle bending over in tight pants. Coinsidence?

Thanks
    Meet Paige "bad girl" of the LPGA. Gotta tell you if I looked like this I'd be using it for some coin. Thank me later.

Paige Spiranac LPGA Controversy - Bing images

Thread Information