User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Good Lord

Senior Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocial1 year registered
    Overall activity: 76.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Call_me_Ishmael View Post
    Yeah... like when I told the guy "if you don't start keeping me informed, I'm gonna nail your mother fucking ass to the wall."

I realy meant that in a professional sense. seriously... like I was going to fire him. But sure enough... he ran with the "physical threat" thing. I should have chosen my words better.

Yup. Even if taken as meant not the way to do it. I always tried to say things as I would want to hear them. One asshole boss tried the "your job is on the line" motivation once over stuff that happened prior to my arrival there and I didn't even know was to be fixed. My predesessor left before I arrived and the department had only a sectretary to train me. She wsas great but never did my job.
    I did get it fixed but i would have anyway. I stimped the hard ass later when he asked where a report was "My response? Honesty in the workplace stumped him "Oh shit I completetly forgot I'll get it to today" He said "OK, that happens " and walked away. We never had issues after that.
    One of my professional staff once claimed to be intimidated because in one of the rare circumstances that I got truly angry at work I slammed my fist on my desk, not even all that hard. She was not afraid she just wanted my job which she never got. But back stabbing was the order of the day rather than the exception at that place. Leaving was the best move I ever made in my career.

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points3 months registeredSocial
    Overall activity: 48.0%

Thanks
    My bosses boss got pissed off for some reason when he was giving the speech about>> "You didn't say 'Damn I have to go to work for__________ when you got your job, You were glad to have it." He pointed at me and Said "You were glad to come to work weren't you?"
    I said (in the same frame of mind as you probably Flameheart) I didn't want a job the day I got this one I had just got off a long contract on a construction job and Filled out the application as required and got my first ever unemployment check, I was a-laying on the riverbank with two girls and fishing with no bait and had a cooler full of ice cold beer.
    My boss said "Man you burned his ass up, that s o b keeps a grudge a long time too.

That is the position I see you in Flameheart. The prof, was apparently like most leftist, was too shallow to think of more than one course of behavioral reaction for the same level of emotional stress and a similar thought plane.
    The prof was also too unprofessional to investigate the reality of the situation before calling down hell on the subject.

Hope you are treated fairly and they fully explain their positions to you, but I doubt they will because they are usually a one sided finger shaking bunch of hippos.
    Last edited by 12icer; 05-03-2021 at 10:49 AM.
    THERE can be only ONE!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 12icer For This Useful Post:

FlameHeart (05-03-2021)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FlameHeart View Post
    Hi (professor),

I was wondering if you still remembered the Santa Barbara shooting back in 2014? I think this is probably the first thing that jump-started my interest in psychology. For context, I've added a video below:

Videos of Elliot Rodger leading up to the killing spree he planned.. (I HOPE THIS VIDEO helps the public/people learn and study**Psychiatrists and psychologists will be able to study these videos and gain insight AND, if you want to find a very thin silver lining, be able to help people better who are suffering similar mental problems.) Elliot ...
    YouTube

Elliot Rodger was the 22-year-old Santa Barbara mass shooter. He was angry about not getting a girlfriend, and he wrote a multipage lament about seeing guys with girlfriends and his envy. He comes to the idea of killing other people because if he can't have them, or be like them, then no one can. His parents divorced when he was at a young age, and he seems to still be in much pain because of it, but he lived a lavish lifestyle- his father was the assistant director of Catching Fire. He had been in treatment all his life, having been dx'ed with autism early on. He seems to be very self-absorbed and envious, yet, he is painstakingly lonely. I do fear that I am like him, or becoming like him, starting with warped worldview.

I remember seeing all of his videos when his account was still on Youtube, and his last video is truly chilling. Yet, in the same breath, I pity him; I feel the pangs of his loneliness and his rejection. His taking other peoples' lives isn't at all justified, but it seems he has a history of being rejected constantly. Is it bad that I feel for him?
    In addition, I wonder what mental illnesses he suffered from? I suspect severe malignant narcissism (NPD + ASPD) as well as some traits of AvPD and maybe StPD or BPD (something that might include psychosis considering he had some grandiose delusions). I would not venture to guess he has less than four personality disorders. Could he have been helped? He was in therapy, sure, but he took it upon himself to actually email his manifesto to his therapist as well as his parents. He wanted to show it off and wasn't afraid to do so. He kept things very quiet. How does a mental health professional deal with these kinds of cases? How would his therapist feel knowing what Elliot did? Additionally, developmentally speaking, how does someone suffer so much to become what (or who) he did? Can divorce really affect children that much, to the point where they develop such severe ailments later on? Finally, is his narcissism a more extreme version of what society might become if the "cultural narcissism" in the West is left unchecked? I remember you mentioning the rise of narcissism in Social Psych.

I hear even psychologists and psychiatrists are baffled by him. He fooled everyone. But I understand why he hid it- he knew it was wrong and didn't want to be judged; however, his emotions were so deep-seated that he couldn't help it. What are your thoughts?

Sincerely,

(FlameHeart)

AI see a psychology student interested in psychology and trying to understand abnormal psychology. In short a good inquistitive student. If people in this profession cannot feel something for people like him while understanding he needs to be kept away from society, who can?
    I see an opportunity for the professor to explore with you whether or not you would like to find a therapist to explore how you feel, not to report you. God knows what rules he is laboring under through. Maybe you do want to explore this with a thearipst. They should explain to you up fromnt the things they have to take action on like suiciadal/homocidal ideation.
    Obviously his trigger was that one line at the end of paragraph one, even though you also explained IMO that you were not really like him.
    I too finfd this stuff somewhat interesting. Would four distinct PD's mean Mixed PD maybe?

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to donttread For This Useful Post:

FlameHeart (05-04-2021),Swedgin (05-05-2021)

50000 Experience PointsOverdriveTagger First ClassSocial3 months registered
    Overall activity: 99.6%

Thanks
    @FlameHeart - any update on this story?
    So let us stop talkin' falsely now
    The hour's getting late -- Jimi Hendrix

#RESISTBidet

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Oceander For This Useful Post:

FlameHeart (05-04-2021)

50000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesSocial1 year registeredYour first Group
    Overall activity: 32.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Oceander View Post
    @FlameHeart - any update on this story?
    Was deemed innocent, but I am still mortified about this and I have a meeting with this prof and a another staff member to rectify it.
    "And with his eye of compassion
    He saw his enemies
    Like unto himself,
    And he learned love.
    Then, he was answered."

- Moody Blues, The Balance

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FlameHeart For This Useful Post:

donttread (05-04-2021),Oceander (05-04-2021)

50000 Experience PointsOverdriveTagger First ClassSocial3 months registered
    Overall activity: 99.6%

Thanks
    Was deemed innocent, but I am still mortified about this and I have a meeting with this prof and a another staff member to rectify it.
    Well, I'm glad you were found innocent. I agree that it's a very unsettling situation, but it would be orders of magnitude worse if they wanted to run roughshod over you.

Just be careful what you say in the meeting with this professor and the other staff member. I'm assuming they're telling you the staff member will be an "impartial" third party, but it could very well be a trap being set for you, so just be careful.
    So let us stop talkin' falsely now
    The hour's getting late -- Jimi Hendrix

#RESISTBidet

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oceander For This Useful Post:

donttread (05-05-2021),FlameHeart (05-04-2021)

50000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesSocial1 year registeredYour first Group

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Oceander View Post
    Well, I'm glad you were found innocent. I agree that it's a very unsettling situation, but it would be orders of magnitude worse if they wanted to run roughshod over you.

Just be careful what you say in the meeting with this professor and the other staff member. I'm assuming they're telling you the staff member will be an "impartial" third party, but it could very well be a trap being set for you, so just be careful.
    Me too. Indeed.
    "And with his eye of compassion
    He saw his enemies
    Like unto himself,
    And he learned love.
    Then, he was answered."

- Moody Blues, The Balance

13. The Following User Says Thank You to FlameHeart For This Useful Post:

donttread (05-05-2021)

Thanks

Maybe throw around the feeling that the university is engaging in man bashing? I'm not saying to but I'm thinking if a man hating woman had killed a couple of men and a she student said exactly what you said there would have been no fuss at all.
    Of course they might use that to further pigeon hole you. If anyone should know where the line is a psychologist should and you didn't cross it.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to donttread For This Useful Post:

FlameHeart (05-04-2021)

50000 Experience PointsVeteranRecommendation Second ClassSocialYour first GroupTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 4.0%

Thanks
    Seems to me you're just using some of your own life experiences in attempt to understand Elliot Roger...not that you wanted to emulate him. But that's the thing as one gets older, we have are own experiences, emotions etc that's shared with other people. I think your own experiences isn't limited to only very few people.

I hope that makes sense.
    To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women!

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Conan For This Useful Post:

donttread (05-05-2021),FlameHeart (05-05-2021)

Alumni Member Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassRecommendation First ClassVeteran

Thanks
    An email. I saw a news video about Elliot Roger on Youtube and I wanted to analyze it with a psychology professor, and this professor reported me to the dean. I said I pitied/empathized with him, but I do not at all agree with his actions.
    Progs are obsessed with reporting anything and everything. Do not trust them.

I knew a girl in junior high who said to a friend in the hallway "My dad's going to kill me when he sees my math grade"........someone heard and Social Services knocked at her family's door that night.

Some people are nuts like that.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jen For This Useful Post:

donttread (05-05-2021),FlameHeart (05-05-2021)

Thread Information