User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Good Lord

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    Overall activity: 74.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FlameHeart View Post
    I was banned from campus for a day until they could assess the situation. The email was shown to the head of security, the department chair for behavioral sciences, the provost, the VP of student life, and of course, the dean of student affairs (the dean who handles student discipline).
    No wonder you think you are in a mid life crisis.

Unfortunately...Liberal Arts all have a strong Leftist bias to it. Just shaddup...get good grades...good career...then "come out". You are better than they are...but...letting them know it will cause you no end of grief.
    It's not how you find the notes...it's how your fingers leave them. That's who you are.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Northern Rivers For This Useful Post:

Conan (05-05-2021),FlameHeart (05-05-2021)

Senior Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocial1 year registered
    Overall activity: 76.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    Progs are obsessed with reporting anything and everything. Do not trust them.

I knew a girl in junior high who said to a friend in the hallway "My dad's going to kill me when he sees my math grade"........someone heard and Social Services knocked at her family's door that night.

Some people are nuts like that.

It must be her. She started it and now it has grown from one crazy kid to a half crazed nation. Following the report your neighbor principals of 1930's/40's Germany. what could possibly go wrong?
    PS I hope I did not het "her" proniun wrong. Actually i don't care. LOL

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Rivers View Post
    No wonder you think you are in a mid life crisis.

Unfortunately...Liberal Arts all have a strong Leftist bias to it. Just shaddup...get good grades...good career...then "come out". You are better than they are...but...letting them know it will cause you no end of grief.

Even STEM is infeceted. My son debated and occasionally lashed out with sarcasm at ultra libs and he was a chemistry and biology major. He especially disputed their views on CC which is definetly in that wheel house. He now calls us a "post fact society".
    Bottom line he didn't go to grad school and I think it was because of the exhaustion of having "Woke" constantly shoved down your throat in the guise of education. So maybe you should listen to @Northern Rivers because if my son doesn't get back to grad school he will be the one paying the economic price.
    Last edited by donttread; 05-05-2021 at 07:37 AM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to donttread For This Useful Post:

Northern Rivers (05-05-2021)

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    Overall activity: 74.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    Even STEM is infeceted. My son debated and occasionally lashed out with sarcasm at ultra libs and he was a chemistry and biology major. He especially disputed their views on CC which is definetly in that wheel house. He now calls us a "post fact society".
    Bottom line he didn't go to grad school and I think it was because of the exhaustion of having "Woke" constantly shoved down your throat in the guise of education. So maybe you should listen to @Northern Rivers because if my son doesn't get back to grad school he will be the one paying the economic price.
    My three sons and I are like fathers & brothers. And uncles. Friends, mostly. That's the advice I gave them, @donttread. School was uncomplicated and they came out of it...Right of Centre...like Dad.

Shut the f*ck up and get your degree. Then...bury them with your talents. Strive for something.....

Grad school means a sure livelihood for your boy. You know that...but...he doesn't. Idealism is a panacea for millennials. They need to face paying back their loans and paying rent to have the (inflated) penny drop.
    It's not how you find the notes...it's how your fingers leave them. That's who you are.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Northern Rivers For This Useful Post:

donttread (05-05-2021)

Thanks
    My three sons and I are like fathers & brothers. And uncles. Friends, mostly. That's the advice I gave them, @donttread. School was uncomplicated and they came out of it...Right of Centre...like Dad.

Shut the f*ck up and get your degree. Then...bury them with your talents. Strive for something.....

Grad school means a sure livelihood for your boy. You know that...but...he doesn't. Idealism is a panacea for millennials. They need to face paying back their loans and paying rent to have the (inflated) penny drop.
    Well he is paying his loans but they do make a dent in his budget and he ain't gettin any younger. It's even worse now in that a male cannot engage in sex on campus unless he has writen permission in triplicate and a Blood alcohol Level. Probably need to swear that they did not pressure her for sex. Which is a lie.

As corny as it sounds when I was young we used the base system. Old school but you know what it worked. I was a "slick" but slapable move to go straight from first to third. LOL A lot could be communicated too. For example there were three responses to sliding your hand onto her breast. all 3 had different meanings
    1) A quick push away of the hand = Nope. Not tonight anyway.
    2) If the hand was gently pushed away after being allowed to linger for a few seconds = Not right now work for it and maybe later. And probably third definitely ain't happening tonight.
    3) The hand was left there to do what it wished.= Third would defintely be attempted later and there was hope for the home run!

All often communicated without ever taking your tonuges out of each other's mouth! The main rule of course was NO meant NO! Laugh if you will the whole thing worked and I never left a backseat, couch, blanket on the ground or bedroom wondering if whatever happened was OK because I knew it was or it wouldn't have happened
    Last edited by donttread; 05-05-2021 at 10:15 AM.

Alumni Member Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassRecommendation First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 31.0%

Thanks

I always told my kids to figure out what the teacher wanted in a class and give it to them. That's the way to work college. Learn your teacher first. If you do anything else, you'll just screw yourself.

Unfortunately, that may come with a price. One of mine got skewed a little more to the Left than she should have. But she did get her Master's degree and the grades she needed.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jen For This Useful Post:

Northern Rivers (05-05-2021)

Thread Information