User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Subway just hired Megan Rapinoe as spokesperson - here is the complaint page

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 54.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Felix Birdbiter View Post
    Actually Coke has backed off its "woke" campaign and said corporations should not become involved in political or cultural arguments. When it started hitting their bottom line they, like Starbucks "Lets Talk About Race" campaign went by the wayside.

Although, I have heard that GEICO has hired Anderson Cooper to talk about Single Sex Parenthood and why you need insurance for it.
    Starfucs is still pushing gay/tranny politics just like subway is now.
    It is not always the same thing to be a good man and a good citizen.”
    – Aristotle

50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 36.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dummy View Post
    Starfucs is still pushing gay/tranny politics just like subway is now.
    As much as I hate to admit it we old farts are no longer a major customer for these places. Now they are catering to the millenniums. And truthfully, millenniums tend to be more open minded about deviants so using this hideous hag to sell foot longs (something she probably longs for!) will not hurt their business. They will shop there because they have no self esteem and think supporting someone like this just shows how "woke" they are.
    “The greatest good you can do for another is not just share your riches, but to reveal to him his own.”

Benjamin Disraeli

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Felix Birdbiter For This Useful Post:

Big Dummy (05-02-2021),Daily Bread (05-02-2021)

Senior Member Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger Second Class1 year registered
    Overall activity: 96.0%

Thanks
    No offense but you guys don't go to Subway, McDonalds' Burger King or Capt D's. You don't watch TV or go to the movies, you don't shop at Walmart, KMart, or Target. Just exactly how do you spend your time?
    Personally. I prefer food made for adults by adults.
    "I want my #%$@# Trump back!"

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Call_me_Ishmael For This Useful Post:

nonsqtr (05-02-2021),WVYankee (05-04-2021)

50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 43.0%

Thanks
    The shame of Shasta County ...

Senior Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialYour first Group1 year registeredRecommendation Second ClassTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 69.0%

Thanks
    Damn, I used to enjoy a couple of their sandwiches on a sunny day getting lunch on the motorcycle.

If and when I start eating at restaurants, I will go to to a local place, need to shop around.

The OP is right, the comments are great!
    Scientist, Evangelical Christian - reformed, father, entrepreneur, hunter, outdoorsman, motorcyclist, Constitutional Conservative.

Alumni Member & VIP Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 41.0%

Thanks
    As much as I hate to admit it we old farts are no longer a major customer for these places. Now they are catering to the millenniums. And truthfully, millenniums tend to be more open minded about deviants so using this hideous hag to sell foot longs (something she probably longs for!) will not hurt their business. They will shop there because they have no self esteem and think supporting someone like this just shows how "woke" they are.
    Are you kidding? Both EightBucks and Snobway would go completely out of business without senior customers.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to nonsqtr For This Useful Post:

WVYankee (05-04-2021)

50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 36.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nonsqtr View Post
    Are you kidding? Both EightBucks and Snobway would go completely out of business without senior customers.

If you listen to several of the posters in this forum they would rather be caught dead than visit either of these places.

I have a hard time believing seniors are willing to pay $5.00 for a cup of coffee in great numbers. Subway makes a good sandwich for a good price. My wife and I will buy a foot long, cut it in half and have a decent lunch but it is still the next generation that outnumbers us and is more likely to eat at those kinds of places.

I don't go to Starbucks very often because I am not that big a fan of coffee and secondly I am unwilling to pay the price they want for their 6oz "Tall" coffee.
    “The greatest good you can do for another is not just share your riches, but to reveal to him his own.”

Benjamin Disraeli

Veteran50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 73.0%

Thanks
    If you listen to several of the posters in this forum they would rather be caught dead than visit either of these places.

I have a hard time believing seniors are willing to pay $5.00 for a cup of coffee in great numbers. Subway makes a good sandwich for a good price. My wife and I will buy a foot long, cut it in half and have a decent lunch but it is still the next generation that outnumbers us and is more likely to eat at those kinds of places.

I don't go to Starbucks very often because I am not that big a fan of coffee and secondly I am unwilling to pay the price they want for their 6oz "Tall" coffee.
    These types of unofficial boycotts are supported mostly by those who probably didn't frequent the establishment. The boycotts are opposed by those who have their own self interests in mind.

If a Firehouse and a Subway are in the same block, it won't be the subway I am giving my money. Besides, the local pizza shop probably makes a sub just as good. Are we not suppose to support local stores?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Freewill For This Useful Post:

WVYankee (05-04-2021)

50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 13.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WVYankee View Post
    Can't go wrong with Chick-fil-A. But, if it's a sandwich you crave, there are TONS of better choices.

Besides that, Subway supports a racist drink products company known as Coca-Cola, and serve it. So, stop contributing, and go someplace BETTER all the way around.
    I recently made the switch to Pepsi products. If Americans drank as much diet soda as I do and did the same, Woke Coke would be driven to their knees.
    https://media3.giphy.com/media/s8lZxA5Jmempa/giphy.gif[/IMG]

14. The Following User Says Thank You to navigator2 For This Useful Post:

WVYankee (05-04-2021)

50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Overall activity: 13.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Freewill View Post
    These types of unofficial boycotts are supported mostly by those who probably didn't frequent the establishment. The boycotts are opposed by those who have their own self interests in mind.

If a Firehouse and a Subway are in the same block, it won't be the subway I am giving my money. Besides, the local pizza shop probably makes a sub just as good. Are we not suppose to support local stores?
    They are (almost) ALL franchises owned by local people, so it's really a mixed bag. It really depends on where you live and what choices we have available. On the other hand, I love Chikfilet but I won't wait in their never ending lines.
    https://media3.giphy.com/media/s8lZxA5Jmempa/giphy.gif[/IMG]

Thread Information