User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Will We Keep Our Republic?

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 38.0%

Thanks
    short answer is no, we will not. The world is rapidly approaching a one world government and religion setup.
    Bring out your dead- The monster is amongst us waiting to be revealed - he bears the number of a man, 666.
    Death is not racist as it is
    color blind it comes for us all regardless of age or standing
    has no remorse, or feels pity
    cannot be reasoned with nor bargained with
    it is coming for us all.

Senior Member Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger Second Class1 year registered
    Overall activity: 46.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dos Equis View Post
    Franklin simply understood human nature.

But this is where Leftism fails since they always seek to centralize unlimited power in the hands of a very few or one thinking they alone can be just and good.

Naturally, someone with an average IQ can see the folly in this, but the Left are all a bunch of mindless fools after all, so............
    Depending on the tier on which a leftist resides, the rationale varies. At the top tier of totalitarians, they simply want power. At the bottom tier of sheep, they simply find it easier to demand free stuff from one source. In the middle tiers of bureaucrats and intelligentsia, they see efficiency in centralized control.

The constitution was not about efficiency though.
    " salute the marines "
    "salute the marines"

V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger Second Class1 year registered

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by yeuemmaimai View Post
    short answer is no, we will not. The world is rapidly approaching a one world government and religion setup.
    If by "religion", you mean Humanism ... I agree. It doesn't look good.
    " salute the marines "
    "salute the marines"

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 61.0%

Thanks
    Bottom tier also includes Turd Party Types & Socially Liberal types who are GTG with Gay Marriage & Turbocharged Minority & LGBTQ rights and Unfettered Choice and Legalized Drugs ...

50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran

Thanks
    Yep to the bolded part.....and we will see a global digital currency.

The World Debt accumulation is beyond repair....... Central Banks will fail.......and we will soon see another Bretton Woods Convention where a global digital world currency will be unleashed. Certain countries IE China are rapidly accumulating Gold ..... while our country is more concerned about pronouns and accelerating spending / Debt.

With a Digital Currency they got us right where they want us with the ultimate ability to control the population.....everything from WHAT you spend on....... how much you get tied into your Social grade and report card.
    Last edited by What'sThat?; 05-02-2021 at 10:56 AM.

50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 5.0%

Thanks
    How can a Nation go wrong, or down, or sideways, or whatever when it has OBAMA's VP pick doing the Chief stuff now?

C'mon man.

Games People Play Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteranCreated Blog entryTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 19.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Call_me_Ishmael View Post
    Can you identify the source- the where and when that Franklin said the "vote themselves money" quote?

The problem I have with the supposed quote is that if the founding fathers knew this, they would have built in a countermeasure to prevent the "end of the republic".

I certainly agree that it may be a true saying but id like to attribute it correctly to whoever actually said it.
    I don't believe Franklin said that.

I think it's a paraphrase of Alexis de Tocqueville, in his signature work, Democracy in America. I read it, 42 years ago for a PoliSci class...but I've lost the book and forgotten much of it. But Tocqueville had quite a few warnings for America and Americans, which today are timely or have come to pass, unheeded.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to JustPassinThru For This Useful Post:

Earl (05-02-2021)

My words are nonsensical V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First Class3 months registeredOverdrive
    Awards:
    King of Publishing
    Overall activity: 99.7%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JustPassinThru View Post

I think it's a paraphrase of Alexis de Tocqueville, in his signature work, Democracy in America. I read it, 42 years ago for a PoliSci class...but I've lost the book and forgotten much of it. But Tocqueville had quite a few warnings for America and Americans, which today are timely or have come to pass, unheeded.
    I have the book. I could dust it off and try to find the quote, if it is there.
    What if he was a lesbian outlaw, half Ellen Degenerate and half Antifa?

V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassCreated Blog entry1 year registeredSocial
    Overall activity: 59.0%

Thanks
    I don't think so.
    People don't like people in other countries. Look how much the word racist is being used. You stay in your country and I will stay in mine thinking

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 25.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JustPassinThru View Post

Its almost certainly a misattribution, something that happens with the founders all the time. The earliest source I could find for that quote is an article in the Daily Oklahoman from Sunday December 9th, 1951 The quote there is
    “A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury. After that, the majority always votes for the candidate promising the most benefits with the result the democracy collapses because of the loose fiscal policy ensuing, always to be followed by a dictatorship, then a monarchy."
    While not exactly the text you sited, the similarity is clear. However, the author attributes it to Alexander Fraser Tytler (15 October 1747 – 5 January 1813) a "obscure Scotsman." While I could not find an original source in Tytler's writings, it is in line with his somewhat negative feelings about Democracy. So, it may or may not originally be a Tytler quote, but I can say with near certainty that is it not a Franklin quote.

Did Ben Franklin say and if so what was the context? : AskHistorians

[COLOR=var(--newCommunityTheme-actionIcon)]
    [COLOR=var(--newCommunityTheme-actionIcon)][/COLOR]

[COLOR=var(--newCommunityTheme-actionIcon)]

[/COLOR]
    [/COLOR]
    “The greatest good you can do for another is not just share your riches, but to reveal to him his own.”

Benjamin Disraeli

Thread Information