User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can someone explain the difference between a spam link and a regular link?

Out and About...! Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocial3 months registeredTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 54.0%

Thanks
    Wonder Why...?!?
    "‘We will not go quietly into the night! We will not vanish without a fight! We’re going to live on! We’re going to survive!".

"Freedom is Never More than One Generation from Extinction... It Must Be Fought For, Protected and Handed On...
    WWJD...?!?

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    Overall activity: 99.4%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenyx View Post
    Pfft, I figured it out, you just got me confused by not properly reading your PMs :-p. Anyway, yeah, I sent you a PM, it's about my friend, he's still having trouble making an account here.
    Who your friend?

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    Overall activity: 99.4%

Thanks
    Must be a secret.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Captain Kirk! For This Useful Post:

phoenyx (05-09-2021)

Proud Boomer Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger First Class1 year registered
    Overall activity: 29.0%

Thanks
    WTF is "properly reading your pms"??? Seriously, some of us NEVER read pms. Get over yourself. FYI, I also never watch videos (even when URGED to do so). Get the point?
    Last edited by Brat; 05-06-2021 at 04:08 PM.
    Unwavering loyalty for my President, Donald J Trump

~Shower the people you love with love~

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 19.0%

Thanks
    From what I'm actually seeing here, I think it was an honest mistake on the part of phoenyx. There are some subtle reasons Trinnity is half right, it is was a little "spammy", but I think it was mostly a genuine misunderstanding.

It doesn't look like to me phoenyx was trying to make a spammy post, but it was a little lazily put together, for reasons that phoenyx probably doesn't realize.

I don't think Trinnity made the right call in just deleting it. Probably should have discussed it first. But I can see how she may have thought it was an intentionally spammy post, and thus would have been justified in deleting it.

phoenyx, if you're reading this, the thread that your second link links to doesn't actually seem to have any reference to "covid variants".
    You also should have made a statement explaining to people the relevance of the "The Woman and the Fly" link. I actually get it, but I don't think most others would.

For me personally, if I provide a link to another thread, I usually try to give a specific post number if it's not in the first post.
    Last edited by kazenatsu; 05-07-2021 at 03:37 AM.

50000 Experience Points3 months registered
    Overall activity: 25.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenyx View Post
    Trinnity has been trying to explain it to me, but I still don't get it.
    A simple way is post the valid article URL HERE, and leave all the rest of the links (good or bad) over there at the other website, don't post any additional links here.....

What is?

link spam

By

Excerpt:

Link spam is the posting of out-of-context links on websites, discussion forums, blog comments, guestbooks or any other online venue that displays user comments. Link spam is also known as comment spam, blog spam or wikispam. Link spammers usually don’t leave comments of any value along with their links.

LINK

VeteranTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Overall activity: 17.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kazenatsu View Post
    From what I'm actually seeing here, I think it was an honest mistake on the part of phoenyx.
    Yes, and it only happened because Trinnity didn't notice certain things. For starters, the "spam link" was not a spam link. It was a link to a thread in this very site. Trinnity brushed this off by simply saying "It's not my concern to check all your links. If it looks spammy, it'll draw our attention."
    Source:
    Post 17 in this thread.

Secondly, I had actually suspected that the reason she called the link spam was precisely because it "looked" spammy. I brought this up in the very next post:
    Alright. By the way, I'd actually suggested if I'd changed the format that it should be fine back when we were PMing:
    "
    So apparently it's just how it's worded. I could have done this instead:
    "You may want to take a look at this thread referencing a study that suggested that the Pfizer Vaccine makes it more likely to get a certain Covid variant:
    https://thepoliticsforums.com/thread...ine-Discussion

Then it would have been fine, right?
    "

I guess you're pretty busy and missed that.

Source:
    Can someone explain the difference between a spam link and a regular link? - Page 2
    Last edited by phoenyx; 05-09-2021 at 05:03 AM.

50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 5.0%

Thanks
    A little clarification humbly offered by a computer expert who knows....some stuff.

Spam is not linked at all. It comes in a can and is usually located in either the aisle that says "Canned Meats", or if not then look in the dog food aisle. Once again, it is not linked. It is mashed up and squeezed into a can kinda like a rectangle.

The linked stuff is located in a cooler, where they have all kinds of processed sh-t, and it is generally squeezed into a tube shape kinda like a cucumber or a hot dog.

The only thing the two have in common is that they ain't good for you. Jimmy Dean said they was, but he died of a heart attack.

I hope that clears things up. Sorta.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CWF For This Useful Post:

Dr. Felix Birdbiter (05-13-2021),Oceander (05-10-2021)

Senior Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsOverdriveTagger First ClassSocial3 months registered
    Overall activity: 86.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CWF View Post
    A little clarification humbly offered by a computer expert who knows....some stuff.

Spam is not linked at all. It comes in a can and is usually located in either the aisle that says "Canned Meats", or if not then look in the dog food aisle. Once again, it is not linked. It is mashed up and squeezed into a can kinda like a rectangle.

The linked stuff is located in a cooler, where they have all kinds of processed sh-t, and it is generally squeezed into a tube shape kinda like a cucumber or a hot dog.

The only thing the two have in common is that they ain't good for you. Jimmy Dean said they was, but he died of a heart attack.

I hope that clears things up. Sorta.
    Most likely one could make links out of spam, and then one would have spam links!
    So let us stop talkin' falsely now
    The hour's getting late -- Jimi Hendrix

#RESISTBidet

50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 5.0%

Thanks
    One other thing that the two have in common. Both are made from ' processed' Hog Guts.

As a kid I worked for a beef slaughtering house and processing plant in Kansas. This was beef, mind you. And the stuff that came down the hamburger and hot dog line would make you puke. 3200 cattle a day were slaughtered and processed in 3 eight hour shifts. Nothing on the cow was wasted. Blood, hair, guts, hooves, all used in some manner and marketed. Unbelievable.

For a long, long time I wouldn't eat a hamburger or a hot dog.

What does this have to do with the topic? Nothing at all. Carry on, folks. Excuse me. I am out of the building.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to CWF For This Useful Post:

Oceander (05-10-2021)

Thread Information