User Tag List

Thread: Fentanyl Seizures at Southern U.S. Border Have Increased 233% in One Year

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 55.0%

Thanks

Fentanyl Seizures at Southern U.S. Border Have Increased 233% in One Year

Seizures of the deadly drug fentanyl increased by about 233 percent between March 2021 and last year as U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officials say the 652 pounds seized at the southwest border last month is part of a concerted increase in drug smuggling operations.

Data released by CBP Friday revealed that border agents have seized 2,098 pounds of fentanyl, compared with 639 pounds uncovered along the southwest border during the same period last year. The number of seizure "events" is nearly identical to one year ago, but public health officials continue to warn that drug overdose deaths likely exceeded more than 90,000 in 2020 and are on track to worsen in 2021.

Fentanyl Seizures at Southern U.S. Border Have Increased 233% in One Year
    Biden's presidency was great news for drug cartels. If seizures of drugs are up this dramatically, that means that it's likely much more product is making it's way into the country. The George Floyd case illuminated the effect that fentanyl is having on black communities now as well. We're getting close to 100,000 drug overdose deaths per year in this country.
    "I will never vote for Donald Trump because I stand with free markets and religious freedom and personal responsibility. Donald Trump stands against all of these things. He stands for trade restrictions and and an anti-morality foreign policy and government domination of religion and nastiness toward women and tacit appeals to racism and unbounded personal power. I stand with conservatism. Donald Trump stands against it. I stand with #NeverTrump."
    - Ben "Phony" Shapiro, March 4, 2016

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hermannsdenkmal For This Useful Post:

Lone Gunman (04-19-2021)

Venator Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger First Class1 year registered
    Overall activity: 62.0%

Thanks
    i'm betting they increased even more significantly since 20 january.
    Μολών λαβέ

Thread Information