User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Refused to return $1.2 million accidentally deposited into her account, 911 dispatche

Senior Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 10.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 12icer View Post
    She will get off scott free and the brokerage will have to pay her a few mil for tarnishing her reputation.
    Yep, that sounds about right, lol

2. The Following User Says Thank You to NuYawka For This Useful Post:

Big Dummy (04-17-2021)

Senior Member Achievements:
    3 months registered50000 Experience Points
    Overall activity: 25.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rutabaga View Post
    its from her investment acct. with schwab...in her legal agreement with them, shes liable for any unauthorized deposits...

it WAS authorized by schwab...just not the right amt...that in no way makes it an unauthorized transaction...

to argue its theft is a bit of a stretch...she did nothing to instigate a fraud or theft.

it was legally deposited in her legal account, and she legally took her money and moved it into another legal account...

the irs is the one i'd be worried about...they dont care where the money came from they just want their cut...
    You could not be more wrong. She has committed several crimes and will give the money back. Of course all of the BS she bought will have to be returned. The car probably has a funk in it that will never come out and they will trash the house before giving it up. I predict that she won't even see court as she is black. Blacks are no longer held accountable. BUT, she will give up all that shit she bought and any remaining money. If she were white, 6 years in prison. She knew that money was not hers and you can't just keep it!

Senior Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 90.0%

Thanks
    Last fall my daughter was checking her university account to ensure all fees had been paid, when she discovered that $5,400 had been deposited in her account by the university. None of us could figure out why the deposit had been made.

My wife, who is honest as the day is long, was determined to get to the bottom of it for fear it was some kind of mistake and we'd have to pay the money back. To tease her and have fun with it my daughter and I kept coming up with foolish ways to spend this new found money. I wanted a satellite system for my tractor with all sorts of electronics and my daughter was calculating how many new pairs of shoes you could buy with $5,400. She took the teasing well.

After four phone calls to the university my wife learned it was a tuition discount due to all the Covid clusterlicious troubles the students had been put through. Okay, makes sense.

Here we are six months later and my daughter discovered this week it was actually a university loan she never even applied for at all.
    Last edited by Foghorn; 04-18-2021 at 07:32 AM.

Senior Member Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassCreated Blog entry1 year registeredSocial
    Overall activity: 58.0%

Thanks
    The banking regulations are longer than a witches dream. They don't favor banks.

Alumni Member Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranSocial
    Overall activity: 86.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Foghorn View Post
    Last fall my daughter was checking her university account to ensure all fees had been paid, when she discovered that $5,400 had been deposited in her account by the university. None of us could figure out why the deposit had been made.

My wife, who is honest as the day is long, was determined to get to the bottom of it for fear it was some kind of mistake and we'd have to pay the money back. To tease her and have fun with it my daughter and I kept coming up with foolish ways to spend this new found money. I wanted a satellite system for my tractor with all sorts of electronics and my daughter was calculating how many new pairs of shoes you could buy with $5,400. She took the teasing well.

After four phone calls to the university my wife learned it was a tuition discount due to all the Covid clusterlicious troubles the students had been put through. Okay, makes sense.

Here we are six months later and my daughter discovered this week it was actually a university loan she never even applied for at all.
    Loan?

Thread Information