User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Amazing stunt riding

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 12.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Physics Hunter View Post
    Trials is crazy! The measure of win or loss is how many "dabs" (times you touch the ground with anything but the bike).
    I did a little of it in my youth, just did not have the balance to pull it off.
    When I was younger I rode the original style trials, i.e. natural terrain in as rough an area you could find. Since it was just a local club sponsoring them 99% of the riders rode their street bikes. About the most anyone would do would be to file the tabs off the front forks allowing the front wheel to be turned more sharply. Since the prize was a $10.00 trophy it was all fun and games. I did it for the hell of it on a 250 Jawa Scrambler with road tires and "road bars" (not clip ons but not cow horns either). Never finished in the top ten even with just 11 riders! But I did have fun doing it.
    I am not joe biden and I both understand and approve this message

Senior Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialYour first Group1 year registeredRecommendation Second ClassTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 65.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Felix Birdbiter View Post
    When I was younger I rode the original style trials, i.e. natural terrain in as rough an area you could find. Since it was just a local club sponsoring them 99% of the riders rode their street bikes. About the most anyone would do would be to file the tabs off the front forks allowing the front wheel to be turned more sharply. Since the prize was a $10.00 trophy it was all fun and games. I did it for the hell of it on a 250 Jawa Scrambler with road tires and "road bars" (not clip ons but not cow horns either). Never finished in the top ten even with just 11 riders! But I did have fun doing it.
    We used to challenge each other to climb hills, cross logs... I had a little rice burner Suzuki Trail/Street bike. We tried the ride down a log, but too many people got hurt.
    Last edited by Physics Hunter; 04-16-2021 at 11:17 PM.
    Scientist, Evangelical Christian - reformed, father, entrepreneur, hunter, outdoorsman, motorcyclist, Constitutional Conservative.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Physics Hunter For This Useful Post:

Big Dummy (04-16-2021)

Games People Play Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteranCreated Blog entryTagger First Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Overall activity: 27.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Physics Hunter View Post
    We used to challenge each other to climb hills, cross logs... I had a little rice burner Suzuki Trail/Street bike. We tried the ride down a log, but too many people got hurt.
    That's easy to see. Bad enough, falling or missing on a jump, with a twelve-pound bicycle. Have a 250-pound dirt bike follow you into the river...no. Just, no.

If you ever get morbidly curious, there's a lot of Ewe Toob vids of trail stunts gone wrong.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to JustPassinThru For This Useful Post:

Big Dummy (04-16-2021)

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 99.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JustPassinThru View Post
    That's easy to see. Bad enough, falling or missing on a jump, with a twelve-pound bicycle. Have a 250-pound dirt bike follow you into the river...no. Just, no.

If you ever get morbidly curious, there's a lot of Ewe Toob vids of trail stunts gone wrong.
    MTBs are around 30#.

Already 166 episodes of Friday Fails.

History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid. óDwight D. Eisenhower

Senior Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialYour first Group1 year registeredRecommendation Second ClassTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 65.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JustPassinThru View Post

I'm very happy that we did not have video back then, or I would be in a bunch of them...
    Scientist, Evangelical Christian - reformed, father, entrepreneur, hunter, outdoorsman, motorcyclist, Constitutional Conservative.

Thread Information