User Tag List

Thread: Medals in the Royal family?

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Overall activity: 14.0%

Thanks

Medals in the Royal family?

Which member of the Royal Family actually has a medal from combative action?
    And what Biden says China do! Ad hoc per se?

And what we used to ask people using dodgy cars on the Falls Road was was if they really supported the obviously gaylord clergy that would take over post Her Majesty's rule over that particular part of the 'Sceptered Isle'.

Their self-subservient doctrine is embarrassing.

And we really thank Mel Gibson for his anti-English fetishisms! Turd!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Moonie For This Useful Post:

dinosaur (04-14-2021)

Senior Member Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 99.0%

Thanks
    What do you call "combative action".

Of the better known royals (better known here in the USA), wasn't Prince Harry deployed to Afghanistan? Does an operational medal showing he was there qualify as a "combative action" medal, or are you referring only to those awarded for bravery or gallantry in actual combat with the enemy? How far down this list does your definition extend?

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/medals-c...nd-eligibility

Military Honours and Awards | The Royal Family

I think those lists are in "order", most important or highest honor, to least important or least honor (least honor being pretty damn good and a high honor).

Senior Member Achievements:
    Overall activity: 14.0%

Thanks
    The only one that counts is the disambiguous Prince Andrew. The others have never been deployed outside of 'being [roughly] in the field' of an operation.
    And what Biden says China do! Ad hoc per se?

And what we used to ask people using dodgy cars on the Falls Road was was if they really supported the obviously gaylord clergy that would take over post Her Majesty's rule over that particular part of the 'Sceptered Isle'.

Their self-subservient doctrine is embarrassing.

And we really thank Mel Gibson for his anti-English fetishisms! Turd!

Senior Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialYour first Group1 year registeredRecommendation Second Class
    Overall activity: 69.0%

Thanks
    Who flew the Helo distracting the Exocets in the Faulklands?
    Scientist, Evangelical Christian - reformed, father, entrepreneur, hunter, outdoorsman, motorcyclist, Constitutional Conservative.

Overall activity: 72.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    The only one that counts is the disambiguous Prince Andrew. The others have never been deployed outside of 'being [roughly] in the field' of an operation.
    The recently deceased Phillip was a Lieutenant Royal Navy, in World War II he partook in the Allied invasion of Sicily, Battle of Crete, and the Battle of Cape Matapan

William was in the Blues and Royals RAF Search and Rescue Training Uni.

Harry was in Blues and Royals, Household Cavalry, 1st Mechanised Brigade of the 3rd Mechanised Division. Admittedly he was in Afghanistan, but he had half a brigade keeping him safe and he wasnt really in much danger at any point.

Andrew was in the Falklands war with the 815th Naval Air Squadron

Edward Wessex didnt even manage to get through Commando training, he ran home to his Mummy.

Prince Michael of Kent was a Lieutenant-Colonel in the Royal Scots Greys in Cyprus 1955-1976

Louis Mountbatten, 1st Earl Mountbatten of Burma, was an Admiral of the Fleet i nWW2.

Charles and Anne have never fought in a war. The Queen was a Subaltern in the ATS but only after WW2 was safely out the way
    For Official use only. Please do not write in this space.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

50000 Experience PointsOverdriveTagger First ClassSocial3 months registered
    Overall activity: 99.6%

Thanks
    With all due respect, except for instances of extreme need, why on God's green Earth would the British government allow someone close to the throne to actually end up in a real combat situation?
    So let us stop talkin' falsely now
    The hour's getting late -- Jimi Hendrix

#RESISTBidet

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 99.3%

Oaxaca, Mexico, for over twenty years. Born and raised in Memphis, TN, and worked in Colorado.
    Thanks
    My dearest friend ever lived and worked through the Blitz in London. She was a teenager, very small, very strong and athletic. She crawled through the wreckage of bombed buildings looking for signs of survivors working with the firemen. She told me that one morning she came out of a bombed building and the King and Queen of England were walking down the road, through the rubble, talking to survivors.

"They were what we needed during the war, Patrick. They let us know we were all in it together."

Compare that to Democrats who locked down their states while their families bugged out to relative safety in, oh, right, Florida.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to patrickt For This Useful Post:

Oceander (04-15-2021),UKSmartypants (04-15-2021)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Oceander View Post
    With all due respect, except for instances of extreme need, why on God's green Earth would the British government allow someone close to the throne to actually end up in a real combat situation?
    IDK, its tradition, They all have Honary titles in the military. Note though Harry (the Spare) was allowed closer to actual gunfire than William (the Heir)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
    My dearest friend ever lived and worked through the Blitz in London. She was a teenager, very small, very strong and athletic. She crawled through the wreckage of bombed buildings looking for signs of survivors working with the firemen. She told me that one morning she came out of a bombed building and the King and Queen of England were walking down the road, through the rubble, talking to survivors.

"They were what we needed during the war, Patrick. They let us know we were all in it together."

Compare that to Democrats who locked down their states while their families bugged out to relative safety in, oh, right, Florida.

Thats one of the reasons the RF are held in such affection in UK. They stayed in London during WW2 (rather than fleeing the USA) and mucked in with the plebs. The were in fact greatly relieved when one wing of the Palace got bombed, cos it made them the same as the ordinary Londoners who also had been bombed - they could look people in the eye and say, "we're here with you, going through the same peril".

12. The Following User Says Thank You to UKSmartypants For This Useful Post:

Oceander (04-15-2021)

50000 Experience PointsOverdriveTagger First ClassSocial3 months registered
    Overall activity: 99.6%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by UKSmartypants View Post
    IDK, its tradition, They all have Honary titles in the military. Note though Harry (the Spare) was allowed closer to actual gunfire than William (the Heir)
    True enough; and I can see being more cavalier with the spare - and the more spare, the more cavalier - still, I would not hold it against any of the core royals that their medals, if any, are more honorary than earned under direct enemy fire.
    So let us stop talkin' falsely now
    The hour's getting late -- Jimi Hendrix

#RESISTBidet

Thread Information