User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The U.S. military problem with obesity

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 27.0%

Thanks

The U.S. military problem with obesity

The U.S. military has a huge problem with obesity and it's only getting worse

"Today's military is fatter than ever."

This puts in doubt "the health, fitness and readiness of today's force."

Remember this? During the Gulf War there was a shortage of Troops because 1/3 of all volunteers were being rejected because they were overweight. So they started offering $10,000 to those who could pass the physical. It was nice for those signing up but not a good sign for the overall condition of the U.S.

In a previous thread where I suggested that obesity is making our country weaker, a few suggested I was being judgemental.

What about the military? Is the military being unnecessarily judgemental? Is it because they just don't like "fat" people?
    Last edited by Fall River; 04-03-2021 at 03:47 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Fall River For This Useful Post:

Lone Gunman (04-03-2021)

Alumni Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsOverdriveSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 53.0%

Thanks
    Not only do we have obesity, we have tranny's and other sexually confused freaks. The world laughs.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kodiak For This Useful Post:

Fall River (04-03-2021),Frankenvoter (04-03-2021),Lone Gunman (04-03-2021)

Venator Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger First Class1 year registered
    Overall activity: 70.0%

Thanks
    they couldn't be cheating on the requisite pt tests, now, could they?

surely not.
    Μολών λαβέ

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Lone Gunman For This Useful Post:

Fall River (04-06-2021)

Senior Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialYour first Group1 year registeredRecommendation Second ClassTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 60.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
    Not only do we have obesity, we have tranny's and other sexually confused freaks. The world laughs.
    That the Military has to pay for...
    Addadicktome, or Dickofftame
    Scientist, Evangelical Christian - reformed, father, entrepreneur, hunter, outdoorsman, motorcyclist, Constitutional Conservative.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Physics Hunter For This Useful Post:

Fall River (04-06-2021)

Senior Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialYour first Group1 year registeredRecommendation Second ClassTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 60.0%

Thanks
    Could not resist...

Scientist, Evangelical Christian - reformed, father, entrepreneur, hunter, outdoorsman, motorcyclist, Constitutional Conservative.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lone Gunman View Post
    they couldn't be cheating on the requisite pt tests, now, could they?

surely not.
    I can't comment on that because I don't understand what you mean. "they" is who?

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 80.0%

Oaxaca, Mexico, for over twenty years. Born and raised in Memphis, TN, and worked in Colorado.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fall River View Post
    The U.S. military has a huge problem with obesity and it's only getting worse

"Today's military is fatter than ever."

This puts in doubt "the health, fitness and readiness of today's force."

Remember this? During the Gulf War there was a shortage of Troops because 1/3 of all volunteers were being rejected because they were overweight. So they started offering $10,000 to those who could pass the physical. It was nice for those signing up but not a good sign for the overall condition of the U.S.

In a previous thread where I suggested that obesity is making our country weaker, a few suggested I was being judgemental.

What about the military? Is the military being unnecessarily judgemental? Is it because they just don't like "fat" people?
    What nonsense.

From your citation: "About 7.8 percent of the military roughly one in every 13 troops is clinically overweight, defined by a body mass-index greater than 25. This rate has crept upward since 2001, when it was just 1.6 percent, or one in 60, according to Defense Department data obtained by Military Times. And it's highest among women, blacks, Hispanics and older service members."

Oh, my god. 7.8% have a BMI greater than 25 and the fallacy of using the BMI has been known for years. When I was in the military, in 1962, a body-building was in trouble for being "obese" because his BMI exceeded the military requirement.

Reality doesn't intrude on hysterics. Oh, the Gulf War didn't last long enough to get troops through basic training and advanced infantry training not to mention any special weapons training.

The military is in trouble because of Democrats and the Deep State. My son was in the military during the Clinton Reign and we discussed the fact that if there were an actual war his job would be to die while new troops were trained. Of course, it got worse under the president who hates America, Barack Obama.
    Last edited by patrickt; 04-06-2021 at 10:12 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
    What nonsense.

From your citation: "About 7.8 percent of the military — roughly one in every 13 troops — is clinically overweight, defined by a body mass-index greater than 25. This rate has crept upward since 2001, when it was just 1.6 percent, or one in 60, according to Defense Department data obtained by Military Times. And it's highest among women, blacks, Hispanics and older service members."

Oh, my god. 7.8% have a BMI greater than 25 and the fallacy of using the BMI has been known for years. When I was in the military, in 1962, a body-building was in trouble for being "obese" because his BMI exceeded the military requirement.

Reality doesn't intrude on hysterics. Oh, the Gulf War didn't last long enough to get troops through basic training and advanced infantry training not to mention any special weapons training.

The military is in trouble because of Democrats and the Deep State. My son was in the military during the Clinton Reign and we discussed the fact that if there were an actual war his job would be to die while new troops were trained. Of course, it got worse under the president who hates America, Barack Obama.
    How would you explain the chart/graph in the article where it says "Total Force 10% then 7.8% indicating those who are clinically overweight.

Thanks
    Here's a better, more up-to-date, link: Updated Sept. 6, 2019

"Trouble for the Pentagon: The troops keep packing on the pounds"

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/04/u...39;s%20Medical

"A new defense department study found that 22 percent of them - roughly 1 in every 5 - now qualify as obese."

Note: This is much different than just being "clinically overweight" this is 1 in 5 qualifying as obese.
    Last edited by Fall River; 04-07-2021 at 09:55 AM.

3 months registered50000 Experience Points
    Overall activity: 24.0%

Thanks
    No surprise here. We are seeing the product of a system that pushes "no child left behind", racial hiring quotas, fags/queers in the military, etc. Is it any wonder there are a bunch of fat ass pussies in the military? We cannot allow another ground war. That has been the case for 20 years, at least.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to covfefe saved us For This Useful Post:

Fall River (04-08-2021)

Thread Information