User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: The U.S. military problem with obesity

  1. #1
    Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 27.0%

    Fall River's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    2,247
    Thanks
    2,945
    Thanked: 1,418
    Rep Power
    2011985

    The U.S. military problem with obesity

    The U.S. military has a huge problem with obesity and it's only getting worse


    "Today's military is fatter than ever."

    This puts in doubt "the health, fitness and readiness of today's force."

    Remember this? During the Gulf War there was a shortage of Troops because 1/3 of all volunteers were being rejected because they were overweight. So they started offering $10,000 to those who could pass the physical. It was nice for those signing up but not a good sign for the overall condition of the U.S.


    In a previous thread where I suggested that obesity is making our country weaker, a few suggested I was being judgemental.


    What about the military? Is the military being unnecessarily judgemental? Is it because they just don't like "fat" people?
    Last edited by Fall River; 04-03-2021 at 03:47 PM.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Fall River For This Useful Post:

    Lone Gunman (04-03-2021)

  3. #2
    Alumni Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsOverdriveSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 53.0%

    Kodiak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    25,148
    Thanks
    21,060
    Thanked: 44,003
    Rep Power
    21474867
    Not only do we have obesity, we have tranny's and other sexually confused freaks. The world laughs.

  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kodiak For This Useful Post:

    Fall River (04-03-2021),Frankenvoter (04-03-2021),Lone Gunman (04-03-2021)

  5. #3
    Venator Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialTagger First Class1 year registered
    Overall activity: 70.0%

    Lone Gunman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    14,564
    Thanks
    103,559
    Thanked: 37,090
    Rep Power
    21474853
    they couldn't be cheating on the requisite pt tests, now, could they?

    surely not.
    Μολών λαβέ

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Lone Gunman For This Useful Post:

    Fall River (04-06-2021)

  7. #4
    Senior Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialYour first Group1 year registeredRecommendation Second ClassTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 60.0%

    Physics Hunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    5,226
    Thanks
    2,987
    Thanked: 5,939
    Rep Power
    14166331
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
    Not only do we have obesity, we have tranny's and other sexually confused freaks. The world laughs.
    That the Military has to pay for...
    Addadicktome, or Dickofftame
    Scientist, Evangelical Christian - reformed, father, entrepreneur, hunter, outdoorsman, motorcyclist, Constitutional Conservative.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Physics Hunter For This Useful Post:

    Fall River (04-06-2021)

  9. #5
    Senior Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialYour first Group1 year registeredRecommendation Second ClassTagger Second Class
    Overall activity: 60.0%

    Physics Hunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    5,226
    Thanks
    2,987
    Thanked: 5,939
    Rep Power
    14166331
    Could not resist...

    Scientist, Evangelical Christian - reformed, father, entrepreneur, hunter, outdoorsman, motorcyclist, Constitutional Conservative.

  10. #6
    Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 27.0%

    Fall River's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    2,247
    Thanks
    2,945
    Thanked: 1,418
    Rep Power
    2011985
    Quote Originally Posted by Lone Gunman View Post
    they couldn't be cheating on the requisite pt tests, now, could they?

    surely not.
    I can't comment on that because I don't understand what you mean. "they" is who?

  11. #7
    Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 80.0%

    patrickt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Oaxaca, Mexico, for over twenty years. Born and raised in Memphis, TN, and worked in Colorado.
    Posts
    35,259
    Thanks
    4,957
    Thanked: 25,562
    Rep Power
    21474880
    Quote Originally Posted by Fall River View Post
    The U.S. military has a huge problem with obesity and it's only getting worse


    "Today's military is fatter than ever."

    This puts in doubt "the health, fitness and readiness of today's force."

    Remember this? During the Gulf War there was a shortage of Troops because 1/3 of all volunteers were being rejected because they were overweight. So they started offering $10,000 to those who could pass the physical. It was nice for those signing up but not a good sign for the overall condition of the U.S.


    In a previous thread where I suggested that obesity is making our country weaker, a few suggested I was being judgemental.


    What about the military? Is the military being unnecessarily judgemental? Is it because they just don't like "fat" people?
    What nonsense.

    From your citation: "About 7.8 percent of the military roughly one in every 13 troops is clinically overweight, defined by a body mass-index greater than 25. This rate has crept upward since 2001, when it was just 1.6 percent, or one in 60, according to Defense Department data obtained by Military Times. And it's highest among women, blacks, Hispanics and older service members."

    Oh, my god. 7.8% have a BMI greater than 25 and the fallacy of using the BMI has been known for years. When I was in the military, in 1962, a body-building was in trouble for being "obese" because his BMI exceeded the military requirement.

    Reality doesn't intrude on hysterics. Oh, the Gulf War didn't last long enough to get troops through basic training and advanced infantry training not to mention any special weapons training.

    The military is in trouble because of Democrats and the Deep State. My son was in the military during the Clinton Reign and we discussed the fact that if there were an actual war his job would be to die while new troops were trained. Of course, it got worse under the president who hates America, Barack Obama.
    Last edited by patrickt; 04-06-2021 at 10:12 AM.

  12. #8
    Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 27.0%

    Fall River's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    2,247
    Thanks
    2,945
    Thanked: 1,418
    Rep Power
    2011985
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
    What nonsense.

    From your citation: "About 7.8 percent of the military — roughly one in every 13 troops — is clinically overweight, defined by a body mass-index greater than 25. This rate has crept upward since 2001, when it was just 1.6 percent, or one in 60, according to Defense Department data obtained by Military Times. And it's highest among women, blacks, Hispanics and older service members."

    Oh, my god. 7.8% have a BMI greater than 25 and the fallacy of using the BMI has been known for years. When I was in the military, in 1962, a body-building was in trouble for being "obese" because his BMI exceeded the military requirement.

    Reality doesn't intrude on hysterics. Oh, the Gulf War didn't last long enough to get troops through basic training and advanced infantry training not to mention any special weapons training.

    The military is in trouble because of Democrats and the Deep State. My son was in the military during the Clinton Reign and we discussed the fact that if there were an actual war his job would be to die while new troops were trained. Of course, it got worse under the president who hates America, Barack Obama.
    How would you explain the chart/graph in the article where it says "Total Force 10% then 7.8% indicating those who are clinically overweight.

  13. #9
    Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 27.0%

    Fall River's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    2,247
    Thanks
    2,945
    Thanked: 1,418
    Rep Power
    2011985
    Here's a better, more up-to-date, link: Updated Sept. 6, 2019

    "Trouble for the Pentagon: The troops keep packing on the pounds"

    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/04/u...39;s%20Medical

    "A new defense department study found that 22 percent of them - roughly 1 in every 5 - now qualify as obese."

    Note: This is much different than just being "clinically overweight" this is 1 in 5 qualifying as obese.
    Last edited by Fall River; 04-07-2021 at 09:55 AM.

  14. #10
    Senior Member Achievements:
    3 months registered50000 Experience Points
    Overall activity: 24.0%

    covfefe saved us's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    central NC
    Posts
    355
    Thanks
    298
    Thanked: 313
    Rep Power
    644249
    No surprise here. We are seeing the product of a system that pushes "no child left behind", racial hiring quotas, fags/queers in the military, etc. Is it any wonder there are a bunch of fat ass pussies in the military? We cannot allow another ground war. That has been the case for 20 years, at least.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to covfefe saved us For This Useful Post:

    Fall River (04-08-2021)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •