User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Can't unring the bell....

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 38.0%

Oaxaca, Mexico, for over twenty years. Born and raised in Memphis, TN, and worked in Colorado.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by UKSmartypants View Post
    The instruction "the jury will disregard the previous statement" is nonsense. Once heard, it cant be unheard. It will influence them even if unconsciously.
    Hence the lawyer cliche of "you can't unring the bell".

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registeredTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 24.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TLSG View Post
    I think it depends on how frequently they drink that stuff. A can or a small bottle once in a great while may not really harm you, but let's face it, most people CRAVE that garbage. They'll drink an entire six pack or a two-liter bottle every day. Now, that is just asking for diabetes. It's primarily the acids and corn syrup. Too much of that stuff will wreak havoc on your innards. In my opinion, the best things for people to drink are water, milk and natural fruit juices. The sodas should be consumed very sparingly, if at all. Practically all the sodas I drink are diet, citrus stuff like 7Up, and even then, on most days, I don't have any of that. I always hated the regular, dark colas like Pepsi and Coke, even when I was a kid. I think they taste terrible, and it boggles my mind how anyone can like it. But people will like what they like, I guess.
    Is phosphoric acid bad for your teeth? - Google Search

Sodas are high in phosphoric acid and very bad for your teeth. One soda could have 500mg.

Also, being attracted to an occasional soda could be a symptom of a disease called "sweet tooth".

Sweet tooth disease also calls for occasional pastries, candy bars, and other such highly processed foods, also known as "everything-in-moderation" disease.

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registeredTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 24.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Tex View Post
    Can't unring the bell....

Just a crazy example of how long people's memories are.

Yes or no, is spinach high in iron? And did your parents want you to eat it because it was high in iron?

The truth is that long ago a study was done on foods. When it was published there was an error in where they put the decimal point which labeled it as a vegie with a high amount of iron. That's why popeye ate it & why your parents pushed you to eat it. And people still generally believe that spinach is high in iron.

That study was done in the 1850's I think & it's still in people's minds. So you can't unring the bell.
    Also, a woman wrote a book decades ago stating that foods need to be balanced in order to get all the amino acids to make complete protein. For example, you could combine beans with rice and get complete protein. This was very important information for vegetarians so they could get enough protein.

A few years later she realized she was wrong and that it was NOT necessary to worry about careful combining of plant foods to get complete protein. So she wrote another book about food to explain the mistake.

But to this day there are countless people who think vegans and vegetarians need to be careful to make the right food combinations in order to get complete protein.

Evidently, the information from the first book got reported a lot in the news but the second book may not have.

Thread Information