User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big People

Alumni Member Forum Donor Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranSocial
    Overall activity: 82.0%

Thanks

Big People

I'm am not a large person as far as height goes, 5' 8" on a good day....In my line of work I meet a lot of BIG men.We're talking 6'7" to 6' 9" ...325 lbs easy. I think I met the largest human being in person of my life today...The dude had to be 6" 10" and 375+ lbs....Didn't know they made human beings that big outside the NFL.

I shook his hand, I felt like a grade schooler shaking the hands of Andre the giant.

Don't know why I felt compelled to share but ,damn!

Could people that big be descendants of the angels who fell in love with the women of earth?

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to East of the Beast For This Useful Post:

dinosaur (04-08-2021),Oceander (04-07-2021),Rutabaga (04-07-2021)

Senior Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsOverdriveTagger First ClassSocial3 months registered
    Overall activity: 72.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by East of the Beast View Post
    I'm am not a large person as far as height goes, 5' 8" on a good day....In my line of work I meet a lot of BIG men.We're talking 6'7" to 6' 9" ...325 lbs easy. I think I met the largest human being in person of my life today...The dude had to be 6" 10" and 375+ lbs....Didn't know they made human beings that big outside the NFL.

I shook his hand, I felt like a grade schooler shaking the hands of Andre the giant.

Don't know why I felt compelled to share but ,damn!

Could people that big be descendants of the angels who fell in love with the women of earth?
    I had a similar experience one time in college. I had a roommate who was dating a football player and she once asked me to give her boyfriend a ride someplace. At the time, I had a 1975 VW superbeetle, and as luck would have it, I had removed the passenger seat in order to do some repairs to the floorboards. The boyfriend got into the car and sat in the rear seat, but it was just as if he was a regular-sized person like me sitting in a front seat. It wasn't just that he was bigger than me - it was that he was at a different scale than me.
    So let us stop talkin' falsely now
    The hour's getting late -- Jimi Hendrix

#RESISTBidet

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oceander For This Useful Post:

dinosaur (04-08-2021),East of the Beast (04-07-2021)

Alumni Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 40.0%

Thanks
    Yeah, I've run across numerous MASSIVE/BIG people, and I agree that they seem to be not just large, but as @Oceander said, on a completely different scale!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to teeceetx For This Useful Post:

dinosaur (04-08-2021),East of the Beast (04-07-2021)

Senior Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialYour first Group1 year registeredRecommendation Second Class
    Overall activity: 58.0%

Thanks
    I'm not a monster, but in most rooms I one of the two biggest guys.

I always tell people that though very cool, it is a little wierd to be a big guy.
    Little (average) people always make isles, chairs, door, gaps in the crowd that I need to walk through, too small.
    Big guys, mostly, have an unwritten code. When one enters a room with a crowd, we look around to see if there are any big threats. If there are, they usually meet your eyes, a head nod or a smile removes the tension. I never saw this more than the year after 911, walking onto an airplane. The martially minded guys would all look at me, a small nod would tell that if I was need, I was ready. Then they all went back to reading...
    Scientist, Evangelical Christian - reformed, father, entrepreneur, hunter, outdoorsman, motorcyclist, Constitutional Conservative.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Physics Hunter For This Useful Post:

dinosaur (04-08-2021)

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    Overall activity: 57.0%

Thanks
    My cousin, Guido...is a Catholic Priest (in Westchester). 6' 8"...built like a brick sh*thouse. Nicest guy you'd ever want to meet. He teaches troubled youth by way of sports and they certainly pay attention!

I do remember watching him "take care" of a bullying husband after one of his kids clued him in to what was going on at home. He gave him a nice shiner...because that's what the wife got...and explained the "eye for an eye" meme in The Bible to him...and...that's what he can expect in the future.
    Last edited by Northern Rivers; 04-08-2021 at 01:53 AM.
    It's not how you find the notes...it's how your fingers leave them. That's who you are.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Northern Rivers For This Useful Post:

dinosaur (04-08-2021)

Alumni Member & VIP Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 97.0%

Thanks
    Y'know somethin' wierd, there's women like that too, big women, with big frames, and the wierd part is they're always going out with small guys. I see a woman like that, I think to myself, she needs a big guy. But no... apparently not.

I stopped trying to understand women a long time ago, but if anyone would like to comment on this I'd be curious about the womens' view to this. Why would large women prefer small guys?

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nonsqtr For This Useful Post:

dinosaur (04-08-2021),Northern Rivers (04-08-2021),Oceander (04-08-2021)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nonsqtr View Post
    Y'know somethin' wierd, there's women like that too, big women, with big frames, and the wierd part is they're always going out with small guys. I see a woman like that, I think to myself, she needs a big guy. But no... apparently not.

I stopped trying to understand women a long time ago, but if anyone would like to comment on this I'd be curious about the womens' view to this. Why would large women prefer small guys?
    Easy to control....lol.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to East of the Beast For This Useful Post:

Oceander (04-08-2021),US Conservative (04-08-2021)

50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entry1 year registeredSocialOverdrive
    Overall activity: 47.0%

Thanks

Even well proportioned tall women are insecure about their height.

Short guys have napolean complex.

Rainey LA where Fathers and Children are at war.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to US Conservative For This Useful Post:

dinosaur (04-08-2021)

50000 Experience PointsSocialCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    Overall activity: 57.0%

Thanks

The dating sites I use all have the caveat, "Bigger'n me will never work..." smack dab where it can't be missed. That's even before the "I'm a Trump voter..." bit.

Look...at 70...I need all the help I can get...and a fat prospect isn't gonna do me any favours.
    It's not how you find the notes...it's how your fingers leave them. That's who you are.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Northern Rivers For This Useful Post:

dinosaur (04-08-2021)

Thanks
    That's like the circus couple,the smallest man in the world married the tallest woman in the world.When asked how the honeymoon went the smallest man said ,"When we were nose to nose my toes were in it and when we were toe to toe my nose was in it."

Of course that's all hearsay...

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to East of the Beast For This Useful Post:

dinosaur (04-08-2021),US Conservative (04-08-2021)

Thread Information