User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: It's A Secret. You're Not Supposed To Know . . . .

  1. #1
    Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points3 months registered
    Overall activity: 7.0%

    JAG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    537
    Thanks
    65
    Thanked: 283
    Rep Power
    449694

    It's A Secret. You're Not Supposed To Know . . . .

    . . .You're not supposed to know things that God does not want you
    to know, and God obviously does not want you to know everything.

    This fact --- that there are some secrets that God does not want you
    to know --- is one major reason why "without faith it is impossible to
    please God."

    You must exercise faith because the truth is you will, for certain, live
    out your life in the dark regarding the answers to many of your
    questions "for now we see through a glass darkly."

    "Have faith in God." ___The Lord Jesus Mark 11:22

    "It is not for you to know"__The Lord Jesus Acts 1:7

    "The secret things belong to God." __ Deut. 29:29

    You heard about that cat, his name was Garfield, that died from curiosity.
    So just say no to feline-inquisitiveness -- not even nine lives could save
    Garfield. Besides if you knew everything you'd be as smart as God. You
    don't want to be as smart as God, do you.

    "My cerebrum is twitching", said Henry, "and I crave to know it all."
    "But", muttered Henry's wife, "nobody likes a Know-It-All."

    So give it up.

    Henry's cerebrum said to Henry's cerebellum, "We both are pulsating vigorously
    in anticipation as we crave to come to know all secrets."
    "Wait a minute", spoke up Henry, "didn't you just hear that the secret things belong
    to God. What's the matter with you two.

    _________________________


    "Why do you speak to the people in parables?", asked Jesus' disciples.
    Jesus replied, "Because the knowledge of the secrets of the Kingdom Of
    Heaven has been given to you, but not to them."

    Why not to them? Because they were the type of people that were "ever
    learning but never perceiving . . . for this people's heart has become
    calloused." Matthew 13:14-15

    So we, you and I, do not want to choose to be like those calloused
    people -- rather we want to choose to "have faith in God" and wait
    patiently until we get to Heaven to have our questions answered.

    But right now there are many secrets afoot.

    However here is some good news . . . .
    Not everything is a secret. Everything you need to know to get Eternal Life
    has been made crystal-highly-transparent-glass-clear. And when you
    die and enter Heaven you can then get into learning some really cool new
    stuff big time. Just think what you could do with an enhanced brain in a
    new glorified body with a new cranium happily housing your new glorified
    network of neurons sparking along 24/7/365. Why you'd soon be as wise
    as Solomon.

    Back to secrets . . .

    "It is no secret what God can do. ♫ ♫
    What He's done for others, He'll do for you.
    With arms wide open, He'll welcome you.
    It is no secret what God can do." ♫ ♫

    And it is no secret that "God so loved the world that He gave His one and
    only Son that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have Eternal Life."
    So?
    So we never have to experience the perish of John 3:16 for the Lord Jesus stands
    at the door knocking and whosoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

    JAG

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to JAG For This Useful Post:

    Dr. Felix Birdbiter (04-07-2021)

  3. #2
    Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    Overall activity: 57.0%

    Northern Rivers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Northern Rivers AUSTRALIA
    Posts
    27,388
    Thanks
    26,344
    Thanked: 27,042
    Rep Power
    21474869
    Quote Originally Posted by JAG View Post
    . . .You're not supposed to know things that God does not want you
    to know, and God obviously does not want you to know everything.


    This fact --- that there are some secrets that God does not want you
    to know --- is one major reason why "without faith it is impossible to
    please God."

    You must exercise faith because the truth is you will, for certain, live
    out your life in the dark regarding the answers to many of your
    questions "for now we see through a glass darkly."

    "Have faith in God." ___The Lord Jesus Mark 11:22

    "It is not for you to know"__The Lord Jesus Acts 1:7

    "The secret things belong to God." __ Deut. 29:29

    You heard about that cat, his name was Garfield, that died from curiosity.
    So just say no to feline-inquisitiveness -- not even nine lives could save
    Garfield. Besides if you knew everything you'd be as smart as God. You
    don't want to be as smart as God, do you.

    "My cerebrum is twitching", said Henry, "and I crave to know it all."
    "But", muttered Henry's wife, "nobody likes a Know-It-All."

    So give it up.

    Henry's cerebrum said to Henry's cerebellum, "We both are pulsating vigorously
    in anticipation as we crave to come to know all secrets."
    "Wait a minute", spoke up Henry, "didn't you just hear that the secret things belong
    to God. What's the matter with you two.

    _________________________


    "Why do you speak to the people in parables?", asked Jesus' disciples.
    Jesus replied, "Because the knowledge of the secrets of the Kingdom Of
    Heaven has been given to you, but not to them."

    Why not to them? Because they were the type of people that were "ever
    learning but never perceiving . . . for this people's heart has become
    calloused." Matthew 13:14-15

    So we, you and I, do not want to choose to be like those calloused
    people -- rather we want to choose to "have faith in God" and wait
    patiently until we get to Heaven to have our questions answered.

    But right now there are many secrets afoot.

    However here is some good news . . . .
    Not everything is a secret. Everything you need to know to get Eternal Life
    has been made crystal-highly-transparent-glass-clear. And when you
    die and enter Heaven you can then get into learning some really cool new
    stuff big time. Just think what you could do with an enhanced brain in a
    new glorified body with a new cranium happily housing your new glorified
    network of neurons sparking along 24/7/365. Why you'd soon be as wise
    as Solomon.

    Back to secrets . . .

    "It is no secret what God can do. ♫ ♫
    What He's done for others, He'll do for you.
    With arms wide open, He'll welcome you.
    It is no secret what God can do." ♫ ♫

    And it is no secret that "God so loved the world that He gave His one and
    only Son that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have Eternal Life."
    So?
    So we never have to experience the perish of John 3:16 for the Lord Jesus stands
    at the door knocking and whosoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

    JAG
    Yeah...like how people came to see "magic' and "religion" before science explained the actual realities. Until then...obey without question.
    It's not how you find the notes...it's how your fingers leave them. That's who you are.

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Northern Rivers For This Useful Post:

    patrickt (04-08-2021),Quark (04-08-2021)

  5. #3
    Alumni Member & VIP Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 96.0%

    nonsqtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    34,518
    Thanks
    14,878
    Thanked: 37,258
    Rep Power
    21474878
    Secrets are made to be discovered.

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nonsqtr For This Useful Post:

    Oceander (04-08-2021),patrickt (04-08-2021),Quark (04-08-2021)

  7. #4
    Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Overall activity: 18.0%

    SharetheHedge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    11,634
    Thanks
    3,074
    Thanked: 11,962
    Rep Power
    18016376
    Quote Originally Posted by JAG View Post
    . . .You're not supposed to know things that God does not want you
    to know, and God obviously does not want you to know everything.

    This fact --- that there are some secrets that God does not want you
    to know --- is one major reason why "without faith it is impossible to
    please God".JAG

    Sort of like how Joe Biden wants us to have faith that his apparently disasterous policies will all work out in the end?
    Last edited by SharetheHedge; 04-08-2021 at 08:02 AM.
    "Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the universe we are not. Both are equally terrifying. (Arthur C. Clarke)


    "I do not object to the concept of a deity but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance"
    (Amy Farrah Fowler)

    "Tolerance is the last virtue of a dying society." ​(Aristotle)

    "For the Lord will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the TRUMP of God..." 1Thess.4:16

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SharetheHedge For This Useful Post:

    patrickt (04-08-2021),Quark (04-08-2021)

  9. #5
    Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points3 months registered
    Overall activity: 7.0%

    JAG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    537
    Thanks
    65
    Thanked: 283
    Rep Power
    449694
    Quote Originally Posted by SharetheHedge View Post
    Sort of like how Joe Biden wants us to have faith that his apparently disasterous policies will all work out in the end?
    No, not like that.

    _____________


    Regarding Biden's policies:

    They WILL all work out for good in the end {ultimately}.

    And NOT because of Joe Biden's ability to make that so,
    but because of Almighty God's ability to make that so.

    And here is what all that is going to look like {in the end}.

    "And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s
    dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with
    them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them
    and be their God.
    ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes.
    There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain,
    for the old order of things has passed away.”

    Rev. chapter 21


    and then this:



    "He {the Lord Jesus, King Of Kings} who was seated on the
    throne said, “I am making everything new!”
    Rev.21:5


    Then add this:


    "I did not see a temple in the city, because the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple.
    The city does not need the sun or the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and the
    Lamb is its lamp. The nations will walk by its light, and the kings of the earth will bring their splendor
    into it. On no day will its gates ever be shut, for there will be no night there. The glory and honor
    of the nations will be brought into it. Nothing impure will ever enter it, nor will anyone who does
    what is shameful or deceitful, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb’s book of life.

    Rev chapter 21

    _________________

    All that up there is what the people of God have to look forwards to.
    Please come and join us. You will love it over here on this side.

    Best Regards,

    JAG


    `

  10. #6
    Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteranRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 52.0%

    patrickt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Oaxaca, Mexico, for over twenty years. Born and raised in Memphis, TN, and worked in Colorado.
    Posts
    34,787
    Thanks
    4,846
    Thanked: 24,779
    Rep Power
    21474879
    Quote Originally Posted by JAG View Post
    No, not like that.

    _____________


    Regarding Biden's policies:

    They WILL all work out for good in the end {ultimately}.

    And NOT because of Joe Biden's ability to make that so,
    but because of Almighty God's ability to make that so.

    And here is what all that is going to look like {in the end}.

    "And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s
    dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with
    them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them
    and be their God.
    ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes.
    There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain,
    for the old order of things has passed away.”

    Rev. chapter 21


    and then this:



    "He {the Lord Jesus, King Of Kings} who was seated on the
    throne said, “I am making everything new!”
    Rev.21:5


    Then add this:


    "I did not see a temple in the city, because the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple.
    The city does not need the sun or the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and the
    Lamb is its lamp. The nations will walk by its light, and the kings of the earth will bring their splendor
    into it. On no day will its gates ever be shut, for there will be no night there. The glory and honor
    of the nations will be brought into it. Nothing impure will ever enter it, nor will anyone who does
    what is shameful or deceitful, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb’s book of life.

    Rev chapter 21

    _________________

    All that up there is what the people of God have to look forwards to.
    Please come and join us. You will love it over here on this side.

    Best Regards,

    JAG


    `
    You sound just like the NYT and CNN covering for Biden. It all boils down to trust me, JAG.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to patrickt For This Useful Post:

    Quark (04-08-2021)

  12. #7
    Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points3 months registered
    Overall activity: 4.0%

    Wilson2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    506
    Thanks
    173
    Thanked: 703
    Rep Power
    1932746
    Quote Originally Posted by SharetheHedge View Post
    Sort of like how Joe Biden wants us to have faith that his apparently disasterous policies will all work out in the end?
    But his policies are working. They are destroying the USA exactly like they are intended to do.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Wilson2 For This Useful Post:

    Quark (04-08-2021)

  14. #8
    Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points3 months registered
    Overall activity: 4.0%

    Wilson2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    506
    Thanks
    173
    Thanked: 703
    Rep Power
    1932746
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Rivers View Post
    Yeah...like how people came to see "magic' and "religion" before science explained the actual realities. Until then...obey without question.
    Isaac Newton was deeply religious, so was Galileo throughout his entire life. Astronomers used to be people who had a reverence for God and many were religious, Robert Jastrow (founder and director NASA Godddard Institute for Space Studies, etc) even wrote a book about the issue (God and the Astronomers). Even secular astronomers could talk comfortably about God and religion.

    For centuries the scientific community did not see God and science as a binary either/or situation. Within the community there was a wide range of thought from deep believers to atheists and in almost all cases they could discuss the issue rationally and intelligently. Even atheists had read the Bible and knew it well enough to debate.

    That changed over the past 20-30 years. Science is highly politicized. Now people who don't follow the "scientific religion" of diversity and anthropogenic global warming and evolution etc get ostracized and shadow banned within the scientific community. Some lose their jobs. Many remain silent out of fear - so much for the scientific method.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Wilson2 For This Useful Post:

    nonsqtr (04-08-2021)

  16. #9
    Alumni Member & VIP Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 96.0%

    nonsqtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    34,518
    Thanks
    14,878
    Thanked: 37,258
    Rep Power
    21474878
    Any scientist who's afraid of being wrong doesn't deserve the label of "scientist".

    Being wrong about something is part and parcel of science. Negative outcomes are perhaps even more important than confirmatory ones.

  17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nonsqtr For This Useful Post:

    Foghorn (04-08-2021),Quark (04-08-2021),Wilson2 (04-08-2021)

  18. #10
    Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points3 months registered
    Overall activity: 7.0%

    JAG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    537
    Thanks
    65
    Thanked: 283
    Rep Power
    449694
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
    You sound just like the NYT and CNN covering for Biden. It all boils down to trust me, JAG.
    False.

    JAG
    Last edited by JAG; 04-08-2021 at 02:07 PM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •