User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Civil War

Senior Member Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 15.0%

Thanks
    It's probably even made more difficult to find someone to romantically partner with or even just f**k too. They ruined everything. At least if everything else is getting messed up, I could still fulfill a basic biological urge. These people do seem to be practically God in a way, even though they aren't.

Alumni Member & VIP Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 96.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by UKSmartypants View Post
    I think all intelligent lifeforms that make it to Kardashian Level 1 (interstellar travel capability) have to go through a process of turning into a single society with one world government. The entire process of human societal evolution has been one of humans organising themselves into larger and larger groups - hut, village, tribe, city, nation, continent, and the inevitable end point is One World Government, which is whats happening at the moment.
    We better get out into space before that happens, or we're doomed.

Evolutionary pressure?

Thanks
    And I know we all have this one life and die eventually, but at least I didn't want to die in such dark times!

Third rate troll V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger First Class3 months registeredOverdrive
    Awards:
    King of Publishing
    Overall activity: 99.7%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Independent View Post
    And I know we all have this one life and die eventually, but at least I didn't want to die in such dark times!
    No, you have the wrong attitude. You don't die in dark times. You get to live in dark times in such a way that creates a bright future for people who won't be born until you are long gone.
    Spend a penny, step outside for a fag, and Bob's your uncle!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Authentic View Post
    No, you have the wrong attitude. You don't die in dark times. You get to live in dark times in such a way that creates a bright future for people who won't be born until you are long gone.
    Well, you got me in some way there. Still, if it looks like there is going to be a total nuclear war and it will destroy everything and every human life on earth, then what is the point of even that?

I hate that time travel is not possible. I would love if reincarnation existed, I just want this earth and the good humans alive previously would reincarnate. I'd love that.

Games People Play Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteranCreated Blog entryTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 36.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nonsqtr View Post
    I have a theory about that. It has to do with complexity, and society's ability to handle it.

When I was a kid, the future was the Jetsons.

Now it's quantum uncertainty.
    Occasionally a human society gets it right. Athens. Rome. Europe after the Dark Ages.

Then the long golden reign of the English-speaking peoples, who shared many principles. Limited government. The Americans introduced Federalism, which kept most government the people were in contact with, close and simple and responsive, while enjoying the benefits of a powerful nation-state.

It's peak years were prior to Wilson's destructive concepts, later imposed by Roosevelt. But, based on our strong concepts, our strong communities, tightly-knit families, moral code...we continued to advance, even as the leviathan of Big Government was consuming us.

The rot overtook the progress circa 1980-90. From there it's been one long downward slide.

I think the impetus was, the cultural nihilism and rejection of family structure basic to the 1960s Counterculture. Of course, as kolledge kidlets they didn't have much effect. But they grew up and advanced, age and in some cases, stature. Often partly because standards were being lowered.

And they took us down, with their moral bankruptcy, their mores of the barnyard, their fantasies about how wonderful Marxism must be.

V.I.P
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteranCreated Blog entryTagger First Class

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nonsqtr View Post
    We better get out into space before that happens, or we're doomed.

Evolutionary pressure?
    No.

There was a reason why, 300 years ago, sluts and wastrels like the Kardashians would have been hanged or burned at the stake.

Recent theory I came across, is the "mirroring" tendency that highly-intelligent people have. Put an intelligent person in a room with other intelligent people, for long periods (such as a workplace) and they start to mirror behaviors, speech, manners.

Less intelligent people have less of that tendency. They're ROCKS. Put an intelligent child in a classroom full of dull-normals, and you literally stunt the growth of that child. This carries on into young-adult years, as well. Force a smart person into a demeaning job with a lot of imbeciles, and he'll have to really work to avoid being literally contaminated.

People like your example, should be BANISHED.

V.I.P
    Achievements:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Independent View Post
    It's probably even made more difficult to find someone to romantically partner with or even just f**k too. They ruined everything. At least if everything else is getting messed up, I could still fulfill a basic biological urge. These people do seem to be practically God in a way, even though they aren't.
    Give it up, kid.

Odds are, you aren't going to live out Love Story.

Let me recommend some reading for you:

The Book of Numbers: Analyzing the ROI on the Pursuit of Women: Clarey, Aaron: 9798577468477: Amazon.com: Books

I haven't read it - mostly because I'm past the age of worrying about such things.

But I have heard Clarey talk about it, on his own and others' podcasts. He works the economic return down, and tries to answer the question: Is it worth it?

Go get $500 and take it to a Vegas whorehouse. Then once back home, find a chess club or bowling league or golfing group you can socialize with.

Build up your Little Black Book. There's always hoores on the make...learning to read THAT, is so simple a caveman can do it. A few slaps, when you misread the situation...but by and large, you get what you want, at literally a far-lower cost.

Thread Information