User Tag List

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Does freedom contain the seeds for our downfall?

Senior Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocial1 year registered
    Overall activity: 84.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fall River View Post
    Then you agree with me. Free Market Capitalism cannot tell powerful corporations (or small business) not to make their foods addictive. Who would decide what is addictive and what is not addictive? Should the government be telling us? Perhaps you could provide a list of foods you think are addictive. For some people it might be all processed foods.

Certain people are more prone to addiction. Look at gambling. That's not a processed food but some people are addicted to it.
    Our current brand is slave to the corporations. I call it Corporitism. However what system of government isn't vulnerable to corruption from within and without? Does russia protect consumers better? No.
    The only answer is to punish and stop all influence for sale and that would take unity so there ain't much of a chance of it happening anytime soon. But

2. The Following User Says Thank You to donttread For This Useful Post:

Oberon (04-08-2021)

Senior Member Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registeredTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 11.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    Our current brand is slave to the corporations. I call it Corporitism. However what system of government isn't vulnerable to corruption from within and without? Does russia protect consumers better? No.
    The only answer is to punish and stop all influence for sale and that would take unity so there ain't much of a chance of it happening anytime soon. But
    If you add up all the people who are addicted to fast-foods (i.e., processed foods), all the people who are employed by the fast-food industry, all the owners who sell fast food, and everyone who is invested in fast-food stocks, you have a vast majority of people who would object to any attempt to curb the growth of obesity.

Most people who are invested in it, if they think about it, would actually prefer obesity because obese people eat a much greater volume of food. Two people, both the same height, walk into a restaurant. One weighs 250 pounds and the other weighs 125 pounds. The heavier one is likely to order a greater volume of food.

As a matter of fact, a large percentage of U.S. industry depends on the ever growing obesity-rate and the general decline in health that follows. That includes the vast medical industry.
    Last edited by Fall River; 04-07-2021 at 10:34 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Fall River For This Useful Post:

donttread (04-08-2021)

3 months registered50000 Experience Points
    Overall activity: 25.0%

Thanks
    The freedom that we need is the freedom to kill people. I have been thinking about this a lot. Bringing back the duel would make for a much better society. If somebody has a barking dog or is playing loud music I should be able to challenge them to a duel and kill them. People would be a lot less annoying if they knew somebody might kill them over it. I was watching a youtube video the other day about some Scottish captain that was in the Pommy navy around time of Napoleon and video mentions this time when the guy bought a ticket to some high society party but security wouldnt let him in because of what he was wearing so the guy challenged security guard to a duel and killed him the next day. Thats %$%$ing awesome. I guess problem is that nobody has any honour in modern times so few people would accept a duel challenge - just go back inside and continue to play loud music or not put muzzle on dog. So the guy challenging someone to a duel should be able to kill that person if they do not give the challenger satisfaction. So I knock on your door to tell you that a challenge you to a duel over your barking dog - you either stop the dog from barking ever again or you accept the challenge and meet me for a duel. That way a man can either get their satisfaction or at the very least maintain their honour. In modern times we just have to take it. We just have to take everyones crap and live with it. We must all exist in a constant state of dishonour. If you bother me with loud music or a barking dog at any time of the day I should be able to kill you for that - not just have to sit there and take it.

Alumni Member Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 69.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOneOnly2 View Post
    The freedom that we need is the freedom to kill people. I have been thinking about this a lot. Bringing back the duel would make for a much better society. If somebody has a barking dog or is playing loud music I should be able to challenge them to a duel and kill them. People would be a lot less annoying if they knew somebody might kill them over it. I was watching a youtube video the other day about some Scottish captain that was in the Pommy navy around time of Napoleon and video mentions this time when the guy bought a ticket to some high society party but security wouldnt let him in because of what he was wearing so the guy challenged security guard to a duel and killed him the next day. Thats %$%$ing awesome. I guess problem is that nobody has any honour in modern times so few people would accept a duel challenge - just go back inside and continue to play loud music or not put muzzle on dog. So the guy challenging someone to a duel should be able to kill that person if they do not give the challenger satisfaction. So I knock on your door to tell you that a challenge you to a duel over your barking dog - you either stop the dog from barking ever again or you accept the challenge and meet me for a duel. That way a man can either get their satisfaction or at the very least maintain their honour. In modern times we just have to take it. We just have to take everyones crap and live with it. We must all exist in a constant state of dishonour. If you bother me with loud music or a barking dog at any time of the day I should be able to kill you for that - not just have to sit there and take it.

nobody is stopping you from killing anybody...

its your choice who and when to kill, or not,,nobody elses...

choice, its a beautiful thing...

i choose not to kill...that can change.
    "The nose, knows"
    #walkaway

Senior Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocial1 year registered
    Overall activity: 84.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fall River View Post
    If you add up all the people who are addicted to fast-foods (i.e., processed foods), all the people who are employed by the fast-food industry, all the owners who sell fast food, and everyone who is invested in fast-food stocks, you have a vast majority of people who would object to any attempt to curb the growth of obesity.

Most people who are invested in it, if they think about it, would actually prefer obesity because obese people eat a much greater volume of food. Two people, both the same height, walk into a restaurant. One weighs 250 pounds and the other weighs 125 pounds. The heavier one is likely to order a greater volume of food.

As a matter of fact, a large percentage of U.S. industry depends on the ever growing obesity-rate and the general decline in health that follows. That includes the vast medical industry.

Some great points there. Western medicine and it's expense is much more about treating the ravages of lifestyle ( alcoholism, drug addiction and super star killers tobacco and obesity along with sedentary lives.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to donttread For This Useful Post:

Fall River (04-09-2021)

Tagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Overall activity: 15.0%

Thanks
    I see where OP is getting at with this.

Thread Information