User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who's doing corned beef this St. Paddies?

Free Bird Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 20.0%

Thanks
    I like mine with green eggs and ham.
    “America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we lose our freedoms it will be because we have destroyed ourselves from within” – Abraham Lincoln.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OldSchool For This Useful Post:

BooBoo (03-17-2021),potlatch (03-17-2021)

Truth Seeker, Alumni Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassVeteranCreated Blog entryOverdrive
    Overall activity: 44.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Authentic View Post
    The stuff in the can is what is called as "deviled ham", I think.
    No, 'deviled ham' is in a tiny can wrapped in a white paper and if you mix it with mayo, relish, etc, it makes a good sandwich. Look up Libby's Corned Beef and you'll see what I mean.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to potlatch For This Useful Post:

Authentic (03-17-2021),BooBoo (03-17-2021)

Alumni Member Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassRecommendation First ClassVeteran
    Overall activity: 26.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by potlatch View Post
    Wow, this is a revelation to me! I can't recall ever eating corned beef and never knew it was a St. Patrick's Day tradition! Interesting....
    Corned beef (brisket) is delicious cooked in a crockpot with potatoes, cabbage, carrots, and onions. It is a very heavy meal and we enjoyed it when we lived in cold areas. Usually St Pat's day in the south is warm and corned beef and cabbage is just to heavy to eat in summery weather. Our store here still sells packages of corned brisket in the meat department at this time of year. And it's cool enough today that we could have had it. Who knew?

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jen For This Useful Post:

BooBoo (03-17-2021),potlatch (03-17-2021),US Conservative (03-17-2021)

V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassVeteranCreated Blog entryOverdrive

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
    You must be referring to Corned Beef Hash. I used to eat that with a couple fried eggs on top of it for breakfast on occasion. No more with my low carb low fat diet though. This is the first time since I have been married to my wife that she hasn't done a brisket for St. Pattys day though. 22 years now (I think).......lol
    I don't know if corned beef hash is different but I posted a picture of canned corn beef at post 12.

Who's doing corned beef this St. Paddies? - Page 2 (thepoliticsforums.com)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to potlatch For This Useful Post:

BooBoo (03-17-2021)

V.I.P
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassRecommendation First ClassVeteran

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BooBoo View Post
    It's good but, just Kitty and Me so, We Decided not Today...!!! Have a Safe and Happy Paddy's Day Everyone...!!

Don't 4get to wear something with Green in it and I don't mean, Pin a Dollar on Your Collar...!
    The corned brisket in the meat section is always too big for just one or two people so now that hubs and I are alone, we don't do that St Pat's tradition. The kids loved it...........but for us we'd be eating it for a week and that would just be too much. Talking about it brings back memories of good times with family dining. We don't do the canned version.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jen For This Useful Post:

BooBoo (03-17-2021)

V.I.P
    Achievements:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    Corned beef (brisket) is delicious cooked in a crockpot with potatoes, cabbage, carrots, and onions. It is a very heavy meal and we enjoyed it when we lived in cold areas. Usually St Pat's day in the south is warm and corned beef and cabbage is just to heavy to eat in summery weather. Our store here still sells packages of corned brisket in the meat department at this time of year. And it's cool enough today that we could have had it. Who knew?
    We usually only fix whole briskets. Used to cook 3 at a time on the grill when we had bar-b-q's for groups of friends. We have cooked whole ones in the oven in the winter when all the kids are here. We fix pork roast with cabbage and black eyed peas on New Years Day.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to potlatch For This Useful Post:

BooBoo (03-17-2021)

V.I.P
    Achievements:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by potlatch View Post
    We usually only fix whole briskets. Used to cook 3 at a time on the grill when we had bar-b-q's for groups of friends. We have cooked whole ones in the oven in the winter when all the kids are here. We fix pork roast with cabbage and black eyed peas on New Years Day.
    Whole brisket cooked low and long is one of my favorite meals........that's good any time or year. There's just something about corning the beef that makes it heavy-feeling and it's very salty. We do black eyed peas on New Year's Day too. I love black eyed peas any time of year.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jen For This Useful Post:

BooBoo (03-17-2021),potlatch (03-17-2021),US Conservative (03-17-2021)

Alumni Member V.I.P Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entry1 year registeredSocialOverdrive
    Overall activity: 54.0%

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BooBoo View Post
    It's good but, just Kitty and Me so, We Decided not Today...!!! Have a Safe and Happy Paddy's Day Everyone...!!

Don't 4get to wear something with Green in it and I don't mean, Pin a Dollar on Your Collar...!
    When I was a kid, if you weren't wearing something green you'd get pinched.
    Rainey LA where Fathers and Children are at war.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to US Conservative For This Useful Post:

BooBoo (03-17-2021),potlatch (03-17-2021)

V.I.P
    Achievements:

Thanks
    Whole brisket cooked low and long is one of my favorite meals........that's good any time or year. There's just something about corning the beef that makes it heavy-feeling and it's very salty. We do black eyed peas on New Year's Day too. I love black eyed peas any time of year.
    Salty, we'd probably like it - we use too much salt! I used to work my butt off making potato salad, coleslaw and huge layered dips for 30 people at least twice a summer. But it was fun. Black eyed peas aren't my favorite but any type of bean cooked from scratch is good. We also cooked a large pot of Pinto beans. We like cabbage any way.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to potlatch For This Useful Post:

BooBoo (03-17-2021)

Out and About...! Forum Donor
    V.I.P
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocial3 months registeredTagger First Class
    Overall activity: 57.0%

Thanks
    The corned brisket in the meat section is always too big for just one or two people so now that hubs and I are alone, we don't do that St Pat's tradition. The kids loved it...........but for us we'd be eating it for a week and that would just be too much. Talking about it brings back memories of good times with family dining. We don't do the canned version.
    That's the Best Part...!!!
    "‘We will not go quietly into the night! We will not vanish without a fight! We’re going to live on! We’re going to survive!".

"Freedom is Never More than One Generation from Extinction... It Must Be Fought For, Protected and Handed On...
    WWJD...?!?

Thread Information